ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 341
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:53 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
You just have to wait 6-12 month for shipment.
:-)
[Reply]
notorious 09:56 AM 02-26-2017
You just have to wait 6-12 month for shipment.
It's like waiting on the Class III stamp to arrive while your gear sits in vault jail.

I got called the other day and was told my Silencerco Big Bore Harvester paperwork came in. It had been so long I practically forgot I bought one.

They also reminded me I had a couple SBR lowers and Osprey suppressor coming up soon. It's like Christmas!!!!
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:59 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's like waiting on the Class III stamp to arrive while your gear sits in vault jail.

I got called the other day and was told my Silencerco Big Bore Harvester paperwork came in. It had been so long I practically forgot I bought one.

They also reminded me I had a couple SBR lowers and Osprey suppressor coming up soon. It's like Christmas!!!!
I've been dreaming of buying an SBR Tommy gun. The non SBR versions look out of place.
[Reply]
notorious 10:04 AM 02-26-2017
I've been dreaming of buying an SBR Tommy gun. The non SBR versions look out of place.
It's the one thing I hate about guns. They make you jump through hoops for the stupidest stuff, and then charge you a ****load for a gun that shouldn't cost that much.

Example: M14s, Garands, and Thompsons.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:06 AM 02-26-2017
It's the one thing I hate about guns. They make you jump through hoops for the stupidest stuff, and then charge you a ****load for a gun that shouldn't cost that much.

Example: M14s, Garands, and Thompsons.
The cheapest I've come across was $1700 for an SBR Tommy not including the tax stamp.

Hard to dish out $2k for a historical replica.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:09 AM 02-26-2017

I can't have any of that stuff. Damn you Illinois!

[Reply]
notorious 10:13 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I can't have any of that stuff. Damn you Illinois!

I'm not going to lie to you, suppressors are awesome.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 02-26-2017
I bought a Garand a few years ago. It was beautiful, and cool, and historic, but it was also a twitchy pain in the ass, required special ammo, and I was always afraid I was going to mash my thumb while loading a clip, since I never shot it enough to get comfortable with it. I kept it for about a year and then sold it - at least I got back the $1,300 I paid for it.

Got an M1A from Palmetto for about the same price, which basically has all the cool features of the Garand without the headaches. Could I have gotten a more functional AR 10 for less money? Sure. But I wanted old school coolness.

And it is a joy to shoot.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:19 AM 02-26-2017
They're trying to push through a law in the state legislature that would lift the ban, but the democraps keep stalling it. I don't know if it will ever go through. But then, I never thought we'd get will-issue concealed carry here, either, so I won't give up hope.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:22 AM 02-26-2017
I bought a Garand a few years ago. It was beautiful, and cool, and historic, but it was also a twitchy pain in the ass, required special ammo, and I was always afraid I was going to mash my thumb while loading a clip, since I never shot it enough to get comfortable with it. I kept it for about a year and then sold it - at least I got back the $1,300 I paid for it.

Got an M1A from Palmetto for about the same price, which basically has all the cool features of the Garand without the headaches. Could I have gotten a more functional AR 10 for less money? Sure. But I wanted old school coolness.

And it is a joy to shoot.
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
[Reply]
Munson 10:22 AM 02-26-2017
I want to buy multiple suppressors, but don't want to pay a $200 tax on each and wait for several months while the ATF processes the paperwork.

I hope the Hearing Protection Act makes it though Congress and gets signed by President Trump. No more waiting, and no more $200 tax!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/367
[Reply]
notorious 10:23 AM 02-26-2017
They're trying to push through a law in the state legislature that would lift the ban, but the democraps keep stalling it. I don't know if it will ever go through. But then, I never thought we'd get will-issue concealed carry here, either, so I won't give up hope.
Keep fighting the good fight.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:24 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
I want to buy multiple suppressors, but don't want to pay a $200 tax on each and wait for several months while the ATF processes the paperwork.

I hope the Hearing Protection Act makes it though Congress and gets signed by President Trump. No more waiting, and no more $200 tax!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/367
The day that happens is the day I buy a suppressor. My bank account will hate me.
[Reply]
notorious 10:29 AM 02-26-2017
If you ever purchase a suppressor, I strongly suggest Silencerco.

I had an "incident" which entailed a 7.62 Specwar flying off the end of my Steyer SSG04 from a bullet strike.

I don't know if it was my fault, it probably was, but Silencerco fixed it/sent a brand new one with the same serial # no questions asked.

Free.

Lifetime warranty.

They earned a customer for life through their service, not to mention their gear has top measurements in suppression in all classes.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:32 AM 02-26-2017
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
Damn, that's a great deal.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 341
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up