ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 63
« First < 13535960616263
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:49 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I would take Trevor Lawrence over Lamar any day. He’s still young and you could make the argument the Urban Meyer debacle stunted his rookie season. This year he took a bit of a step back although injuries may have played a role but I really liked what I saw from him the season before where he led the Jags to a huge comeback win over the Chargers in the playoffs something Lamar only wishes he could accomplish. I still think Lawrence has a chance to have a good career.
You got me curious so I looked into it.

Trevor is only 24.

Interesting tidbit: Joe Burrow, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are all 27. Burrow is actually older than Jackson despite being drafted two years later! Crazy.

EDIT: Mahomes is only 28 but he’ll turn 29 basically a week into the season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 03-22-2024
Trevor's still very young.

But man, he's really not developing much.

Through 3 seasons in the league the only difference between what Lawrence has done and what Daniel Jones did was volume.

But go ahead and adjust for volume and the numbers are pretty startling. And you can do that by comparing Jones first 4 seasons to Lawrence's first 3:

Jones -- 53 starts, 1113/1740 for 11,603 yards and a 60/34 TD/INT rate
Lawrence -- 50 starts, 1116/1750 for 11,770 yards and a 58/39 TD/INT rate

Now I'm not saying that Lawrence can't improve, but man he HAS to. He's just been a pillar of mediocrity through three seasons. When you don't have to do a whole hell of a lot to make Daniel Jones look like your equal, that has to be disconcerting for "The best QB prospect in a generation..."

This season was a massive disappointment for Lawrence and if he does it again, you have to start to wonder if he's even a top 10 quarterback in the league long-term.
[Reply]
KobesPilot 09:08 AM 03-22-2024
Running back QBs have short lived careers anyway. What I don't get is why everyone was so excited about the RB they just signed? Seems like a huge waste of money when your QB is practically your RB
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:11 AM 03-22-2024
Thread should honestly be locked, this isn't a thing anymore and never will be again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:12 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by KobesPilot:
Running back QBs have short lived careers anyway. What I don't get is why everyone was so excited about the RB they just signed? Seems like a huge waste of money when your QB is practically your RB
80% of Ravens fans buy Madden MUT packs
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:37 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jones -- 53 starts, 1113/1740 for 11,603 yards and a 60/34 TD/INT rate
Lawrence -- 50 starts, 1116/1750 for 11,770 yards and a 58/39 TD/INT rate
My brain knew this, but man, to see the numbers laid out like that is different. Whenever the Chiefs play the Jags, I'm never afraid of what Lawrence will do. I guess this puts a fine point on that feeling.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
My brain knew this, but man, to see the numbers laid out like that is different. Whenever the Chiefs play the Jags, I'm never afraid of what Lawrence will do. I guess this puts a fine point on that feeling.
Exact reaction I had.

Saw those and just thought "Wow - I knew he was a little disappointing, but not Daniel Jones disappointing..."

But when you think about that game we played against them, it's not really all that surprising. Kid was flat out bad in that game. He left so many points on the field. His soph season showed some promising signs but even with the increased coaching stability and the addition of Ridley last year, he seemed to regress.

This is a MASSIVE season for Trevor Lawrence.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:27 PM 03-22-2024
The A version of Allen is as good as the A version of Mahomes.

The B version f Allen is close, but not quite as good as Mahomes.

The C version of Allen is more frequently seen than the C version of Mahomes and nowhere near as good as the C version of Mahomes. C Allen will lose his team football games. C Mahomes will just go out there and not actively win them (he becomes solid but unspectacular while taking nothing off the table; 'bad' Mahomes is essentially good Alex).

The D version of Allen is a laughable catastrophe that surfaces a 2-3 times/season. The D version of Mahomes doesn't exist.

What distinguishes the two isn't how good they are at their best - that's neck and neck. It's how often they're that good and then how good they are when they AREN'T at their best.
I’d say the flu game was an F game. I think he would too. That was just catastrophic!!
[Reply]
Coogs 06:32 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You got me curious so I looked into it.

Trevor is only 24.

Interesting tidbit: Joe Burrow, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are all 27. Burrow is actually older than Jackson despite being drafted two years later! Crazy.

EDIT: Mahomes is only 28 but he’ll turn 29 basically a week into the season.
28, and basically 2 plays away from 6 straight Super Bowls. We are living the life fellas!!!
[Reply]
Rausch 06:45 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
28, and basically 2 plays away from 6 straight Super Bowls. We are living the life fellas!!!
He'll have 11 Super Bowls before he's done...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:46 PM 03-22-2024
The A version of Allen is as good as the A version of Mahomes.

The B version f Allen is close, but not quite as good as Mahomes.

The C version of Allen is more frequently seen than the C version of Mahomes and nowhere near as good as the C version of Mahomes. C Allen will lose his team football games. C Mahomes will just go out there and not actively win them (he becomes solid but unspectacular while taking nothing off the table; 'bad' Mahomes is essentially good Alex).

The D version of Allen is a laughable catastrophe that surfaces a 2-3 times/season. The D version of Mahomes doesn't exist.

What distinguishes the two isn't how good they are at their best - that's neck and neck. It's how often they're that good and then how good they are when they AREN'T at their best.
The only thing I would add is the Mahomes Mentality...in any version of Mahomes and Allen the deciding factor is Mahomes under pressure gets more focused and the will to win is stronger. With Allen when adversity hits he can get nervous, less focused and he let's doubt creep in.

And now Mahomes is in his head...no doubt.
[Reply]
notorious 06:56 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He'll have 11 Super Bowls before he's done...
After what Reid and Mahomes have done together I can't see why you are so pessimistic.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:21 PM 03-22-2024
Disagree on one point "Nuclear A Game" Mahomes has never been replicated in NFL history, so no As aren't "even"
[Reply]
Page 63 of 63
« First < 13535960616263
Up