ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 120 of 252
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Pants 10:05 AM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
After the initial reviews, I had kind of written it off. I have so many other games in my backlog now (because of fucking Dragon Age) I don't know if I will ever get to it.
If you like an actual open world with real choices and consequences grounded in realism, it doesn't get better than this game.

Even in the very opening stages, the character development is so strong in this game. There's already a major character who ends up being so much more complex than it initially seems. You progress from despising this individual to liking them during what seemingly is slowly becoming a real friendship. That is not something I expected.

This game is so far away from black and white, it puts other games with grey choices to shame. The role-playing is SUPERB. The craziest thing is that I haven't even scratched the surface.

There are just so many small things that add up to create this awesome environment and the game really succeeds in sucking you in completely.

Succeeding is so satisfying because it's not a given at all. You can organically approach things in different ways. It's hard to describe, really.

I was doing a quest last night and a part of it was hunting hares with your bow. The game made me feel so pumped every time I managed to successfully sink an arrow into one of those. Like Frazod mentioned earlier, there is no reticule so you have to do it by feel and get better with practice. Just even something as small like that felt so rewarding.

I can't recommend it enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
If you like an actual open world with real choices and consequences grounded in realism, it doesn't get better than this game.

Even in the very opening stages, the character development is so strong in this game. There's already a major character who ends up being so much more complex than it initially seems. You progress from despising this individual to liking them during what seemingly is slowly becoming a real friendship. That is not something I expected.

This game is so far away from black and white, it puts other games with grey choices to shame. The role-playing is SUPERB. The craziest thing is that I haven't even scratched the surface.

There are just so many small things that add up to create this awesome environment and the game really succeeds in sucking you in completely.

Succeeding is so satisfying because it's not a given at all. You can organically approach things in different ways. It's hard to describe, really.

I was doing a quest last night and a part of it was hunting hares with your bow. The game made me feel so pumped every time I managed to successfully sink an arrow into one of those. Like Frazod mentioned earlier, there is no reticule so you have to do it by feel and get better with practice. Just even something as small like that felt so rewarding.

It sounds...engrossing...with the amount of time I have to play and the amount of time I'm starting to spend on these type of games, I'm...

Worried.

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 09-11-2020

I didn't find it rewarding; I found it annoying as fuck. That's why the only mod I downloaded provides a shooting reticle.

Sorry, but I could shoot a bow better when I was in grade school than Henry can in this game, and I hardly ever did it.
[Reply]
Pants 03:32 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I didn't find it rewarding; I found it annoying as fuck. That's why the only mod I downloaded provides a shooting reticle.

Sorry, but I could shoot a bow better when I was in grade school than Henry can in this game, and I hardly ever did it.
I totally get your point. I think if it was of any actual consequence, I would get really annoyed too. I can see getting frustrated if I'm supposed to thin a pack of Cuman attackers with a bow before they get to me and end up getting gang raped because I missed 4 times in a row. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:50 PM 09-11-2020
I totally get your point. I think if it was of any actual consequence, I would get really annoyed too. I can see getting frustrated if I'm supposed to thin a pack of Cuman attackers with a bow before they get to me and end up getting gang raped because I missed 4 times in a row. :-)
This is the one area of the game that kind of stinks. It simply should not be that hard for a healthy teenage boy who obviously would have developed extra strength helping out at the forge to shoot a bow, especially if it's something he does often, and out of necessity. People tend to get good at things when their lives depend on it. And yes, I get that he would have never done it before, but FFS it's not that difficult, unless you're crippled, weak or blind, and Henry is none of those things.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:52 AM 09-13-2020
Finished the new Peril on Gorgon DLC for Outer Worlds. Costs $15, but I automatically got a $10 coupon applied that I knew nothing about, so it ended up costing $5 and change. Not sure how that happened, but it was nice. Certainly worth looking into.

The new content adds several hours of gameplay. It also raises the skill caps and provides a new level of weapons for the overall game. Nothing really new in the enemies department, unfortunately, but they do toughen up to match your enhanced firepower. You do have to reach a midway point in the game for it kick in, and it took a couple of days of replay to get to it. The playable area on the Gorgon asteroid is comparable in size to Monarch, and there are a few smaller new areas included as well. The new story line is interesting, consistent in style and quality, and integrates smoothly into the existing game.

Basically, if you liked Outer Worlds, you'll like the DLC. Nothing groundbreaking, just more of the same. I've described it as Mass Effect Lite meets Borderlands, and that still goes. But it's enjoyable. I would have paid $15 without complaint. It was damn sure worth $5.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:55 PM 09-14-2020
PS4 owners finally get to play Cuphead. That game is beautiful. And fun. Can be hard as a bitch though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:23 AM 09-15-2020
Hey Icarus, are you going to play Immortals Fenix Rising? :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 08:49 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hey Icarus, are you going to play Immortals Fenix Rising? :-)
I had to look it up. I might!
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:34 AM 09-21-2020

BREAKING: Microsoft is planning to buy Zenimax/Bethesda, an industry-shaking acquisition that will give Xbox ownership of Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, and more. Story hitting Bloomberg shortly

— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:27 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
welp, I guess I've played my last Fallout game!!!
[Reply]
Fish 11:20 AM 09-21-2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 09-21-2020
Shrewd move by MS.

A timed exclusive of say, the next ES game, could all but close the gap between them and Sony as far as exclusives go.

It will be interesting to see which games are exclusive vs. timed, too.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
welp, I guess I've played my last Fallout game!!!
Reactions like this always are weird to me, xbox has made it where all their games are on PC now. Also do any console gamers really go all fanboi and only buy 1 system just cause?

I have a gaming PC a PS4 and xbox 1 and a switchm are we really still in a spot where people really just pick 1?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:59 AM 09-21-2020
Hopefully the first thing they do is shitcan that asshole Howard.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 252
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up