Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Fargo: TV Series on FX
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 04-15-2014
Anyone tune in tonight?
[Reply]
frankotank 12:40 PM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
And don't even get me started on Seinfeld finale. Those who hated it, never understood the show, and it blows my mind that so many deride it.

The entire show was about the quartet escaping comeuppance for their insularity and narcissism due to the nature of episodic television [ie, they did loathsome things, but never caught hell for it because they shrugged everything off at the end of the 1/2 hour], and the finale was every single despicable thing they ever did coming back to haunt them at once.
1 - I think you either over analyze....or....and here's something you don't read on CP...EVER....you're too smart for your own good. :-)
now let me follow that up with something you DO see on CP all the time. shockingly enough...I'm not a dumbass. I'm actually surprisingly intelligent (Adam Ant - Alan Alda aside....). and I will say sir that sometimes your observations blow me away....not in a bad way....just in a....damn how much time did he spend thinking about this shit way!! I'm like damn man....you need a hobby! :-)

2 - LOVED the Seinfeld finale. I've probably seen every episode LEAST twice and probably more. I'll stop and watch an episode any time. my mentioning of Seinfeld was only in the vein of....a show about nothing. But...that was a finale that was PERFECT.

on a side note....some worthless info....and speaking of perfect endings.....got this from a Jerry interview....in the episode where the Seinfeld gang are at the mall...the fish dies...Jerry and George are busted for peeing in public, they cant find the car etc.....Jerry was saying that they didn't know how to END the episode, so at the end when they FINALLY find the car and get in...the car not starting was totally unscripted. and when it happened they were all like.....YES! YES! that's the PERFECT ENDING! :-)
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:19 PM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
This is great

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...-from-season-1

We saw hanzee with his new face in S1. Crazy
I don't buy it.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:22 PM 12-16-2015
I did wonder what was up with the deaf baseball player subplot. That's

[Reply]
Jamie 03:25 PM 12-16-2015
And don't even get me started on Seinfeld finale. Those who hated it, never understood the show, and it blows my mind that so many deride it.

The entire show was about the quartet escaping comeuppance for their insularity and narcissism due to the nature of episodic television [ie, they did loathsome things, but never caught hell for it because they shrugged everything off at the end of the 1/2 hour], and the finale was every single despicable thing they ever did coming back to haunt them at once.
I understand the intentions of the finale, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a glorified clip show that wasn't that funny. Also it was tonally strange, because the characters were never as loathsome as the finale wanted you to believe. As an idea, it makes more sense for a show like Always Sunny, where the characters actually have done so many horrible things it actually strains credulity that they're not already in prison.

Anyway, I liked the Fargo finale.. People get hung up on wanting finales to be big climaxes, but it's just as valid for them to be the denouement, especially for a TV novel-type show like Fargo.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:26 PM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I did wonder what was up with the deaf baseball player subplot. That's

Yup. I thought about that when the kid was signing. It seems a bit far-fetched, but I liked it.
[Reply]
smith11 02:40 AM 12-17-2015
i always wondered why the north dakota judge was eating at a minnesota diner...thought they would tie that to future plot lines
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:14 PM 12-17-2015
Fargo 2 sitting at 100% on rotten tomatoes.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:36 AM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by smith11:
i always wondered why the north dakota judge was eating at a minnesota diner...thought they would tie that to future plot lines
Probably because she lived there.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:52 AM 12-20-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Fargo 2 sitting at 100% on rotten tomatoes.
Makes sense. It was fucking phenomenal.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:33 PM 12-21-2015
Just finished. Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:25 PM 12-21-2015
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Just finished. Really enjoyed it.
Will this stream somewhere? I'd love to watch it again.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:15 AM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Will this stream somewhere? I'd love to watch it again.
Wow, just realized there are 2 seasons! :-)

Finished watching season 1 on Hulu. Season 2 is not available without a cable account. I'll be downloading season 2 later.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:42 PM 12-22-2015
What can they do in Fargo S3? Present day? Didn't they do the late 90s in the first Fargo season?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:21 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What can they do in Fargo S3? Present day? Didn't they do the late 90s in the first Fargo season?
The movie - 1987
Season 1 - 2006
Season 2 - 1979

Season 3 - somewhere around 2010, will not have crossover characters at present.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:38 PM 12-22-2015
The movie - 1987
Season 1 - 2006
Season 2 - 1979

Season 3 - somewhere around 2010, will not have crossover characters at present.
I could have sworn I read somewhere it would have crossovers...
[Reply]
Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up