ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 101 of 254
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:13 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I will warn you, it is a serious undertaking. Luckily one of my best friends is a high level computer geek, and with his assistance/supervision I've done most of the work on my last couple of builds. Swapping out components once it's done isn't so bad, but I wouldn't attempt an actual build without him actually being there. It's a bitch. So many ways you can screw it up, and expect at least one component to be defective, even if you paid enough that it shouldn't be. Last time one of my RAM sticks was bad. The hardest part, though, is running all the goddamn cables and making sure they're connected in the right spots. It's not exactly intuitive.

Unless you are completely confident in your ability, I strongly suggest that you find somebody knowledgeable and experienced to help you. And get a big case. That makes it much easier, but even then it's a major pain.

Good luck.
Yeah, I've got a couple buddies that are long time PC gamers/builders. Might have to offer them some booze to help.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:36 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Yeah, I've got a couple buddies that are long time PC gamers/builders. Might have to offer them some booze to help.
Definitely. And make sure it's top shelf. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 02-27-2019
I will build you a custom rig to your exact specs for $150/hour. Just ship all the stuff directly to me. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 08:30 PM 02-27-2019
Sure. But don't pay the ferryman til he gets you to the other side.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 09:10 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Sure. But don't pay the ferryman til he gets you to the other side.
For sure. They would probably to it for free, TBH. These guys love building.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:37 PM 02-27-2019
I think once you got good at it, it could be fun. But it's something I do once every few years, so while I remember what needs to be done generally, I forget the little details. And those are what can turn it into a nightmare.

One other thing - you may know this, but I'll mention it just in case - make sure the components you buy are compatible. Certain types of RAM, chipsets and boards won't work well together, or perhaps not at all. You can't just buy stuff because it's highly rated or has the specs you want. Definitely do your research first. Another issue I had last time around was with the case, which I specifically picked out because of it's size. The processor fan was just a little too big to fit where it was supposed to go, so we had to switch out several of the preinstalled fans to make it work. That was annoying as hell. There's always some stupid shit that can trip you up.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:33 PM 02-28-2019
My point was to not get your rig builders drunk while they are in the middle of assembling it. The mistake rate tends to go way up.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:40 PM 02-28-2019
Fortnite Save the World major Hero Change patch is here, I may play that again in the distant future.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...t-improvements

[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:58 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
My point was to not get your rig builders drunk while they are in the middle of assembling it. The mistake rate tends to go way up.
Gotcha. I'd imagine so lol.

Gonna do some research and make a decision on this this summer.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:20 PM 02-28-2019
Gotcha. I'd imagine so lol.

Gonna do some research and make a decision on this this summer.
Have fun with it. When you are ready stop back by here, there are a lot of people with good advice and also the occasional antifreeze recommendation.:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 08:54 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I will warn you, it is a serious undertaking. Luckily one of my best friends is a high level computer geek, and with his assistance/supervision I've done most of the work on my last couple of builds. Swapping out components once it's done isn't so bad, but I wouldn't attempt an actual build without him actually being there. It's a bitch. So many ways you can screw it up, and expect at least one component to be defective, even if you paid enough that it shouldn't be. Last time one of my RAM sticks was bad. The hardest part, though, is running all the goddamn cables and making sure they're connected in the right spots. It's not exactly intuitive.

Unless you are completely confident in your ability, I strongly suggest that you find somebody knowledgeable and experienced to help you. And get a big case. That makes it much easier, but even then it's a major pain.

Good luck.
I have to disagree. Youtube a couple of build guides and you can be pretty confident. If you can put together legos, you can put together a PC. No moving parts, just snap in pieces and a couple of wires.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:16 PM 03-15-2019
Playstation is heavily promoting DAYS GONE a PS4 exclusive. Anybody have any thoughts? Feels a little bit like the Last of us?

developed by Bend Studios, it does look really nice.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:24 PM 03-17-2019
Kind of different direction.....but I just finished a season of "super mega baseball 2" on PS4.

It's been years since I've played a bb game on PS (as I got too bored, too quick typically.....with long games, slow pace, etc. etc.).

It's actually a really fun game. Pace is very quick....has a "mojo" system for whether players are 'hot' or 'cold". Lots of season stats/leaders, etc.

Gameplay is just plain fun. Lots of control....you can change jersey colors, names, player names, looks, etc. Stadiums are fun too.

For those of you who've been around a while - it reminds me of baseball stars, with next-gen graphics, controls, etc.

For about 10-12 bucks on PSN .....great value.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:34 AM 03-18-2019
Days Gone is something I'm very interested in playing.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 08:34 AM 03-18-2019
https://snk40th.com/

I'M thinking about picking up a PS4 so I can play SNK games. SNK for PS4 is due out tomorrow

24 titles with arcade and console versions
[Reply]
Page 101 of 254
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up