ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2166 of 3903
« First < 1166166620662116215621622163216421652166 216721682169217021762216226626663166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 10:28 PM 05-21-2020
I think the internet has actually made our culture stupider.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:29 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Weird shoving sick people back in nursing homes could have bad outcomes?!?!, who would have ****ing thought that.
Dude, some people have just dug in their heels and refuse to even listen to anything outside of their own conclusions. That goes both ways to a degree. Many people will grasp onto any bad news without question and shoot down or otherwise find holes no matter how minute in any good news.

The lock down in large part may have been more devastating than not locking down but some people are so myopic in their view they refuse to see it. I mean when you say stupid things like you can't go to an AA meeting but you can go to a liquor store something is wrong. Opioid abuse is up big time. Calls into mental health hotlines are up big time. Spousal, child, drug and alcohol abuse are up big time. And there are 100's if not 1000's of deaths directly related to this but they aren't "covid" so who gives a fuck? Be lucky you died at home from a heart attack because you were to scared to go to the empty hospital. At least you didn't die from Covid.

When you send sick people into a nursing home something is wrong. WTF would you knowingly do that? Then we hear people scream about the death rates and cases going up largely in part because of that.

3 months ago we were told this was nothing to worry about
2 months ago we were told to wipe down everything in sight
2 months ago we were told not to wear masks or gloves
1 month ago we were told to start wearing masks
Couple weeks ago we were told to stop wearing gloves
Couple days ago we were told we don't need to wipe shit down so much

We got told South Dakota was going to be a huge hot spot because they never locked down

We got told Georgia was sacrificing people or whatever

We got told Florida was going to blow up

And if you dare question any of the mainstream narrative then by God you are a selfish fucker that doesn't care if people die.

And all this lock down shit was to keep the hospitals from being overrun. Okay. Great. Mission accomplished. In fact maybe too well as now hospitals have been laying people off.

Now that we have achieved that there are new reasons to stay locked down in some areas. For some reason you can't go to church but you can go to Wal-Mart.

And never mind the fact that when only Home Depot and the grocery store is open you're going to have a shit load of people doing just what you don't want.....all going to the same places.

This entire thing is fucked up in so many different ways but for some reason we are only supposed to see it in one way.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:30 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
This board has diminished more brain cells than drugs or alcohol ever could, no question.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:35 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
This board has diminished more brain cells than drugs or alcohol ever could, no question.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, some people have just dug in their heels and refuse to even listen to anything outside of their own conclusions. That goes both ways to a degree. Many people will grasp onto any bad news without question and shoot down or otherwise find holes no matter how minute in any good news.

The lock down in large part may have been more devastating than not locking down but some people are so myopic in their view they refuse to see it. I mean when you say stupid things like you can't go to an AA meeting but you can go to a liquor store something is wrong. Opioid abuse is up big time. Calls into mental health hotlines are up big time. Spousal, child, drug and alcohol abuse are up big time. And there are 100's if not 1000's of deaths directly related to this but they aren't "covid" so who gives a fuck? Be lucky you died at home from a heart attack because you were to scared to go to the empty hospital. At least you didn't die from Covid.

When you send sick people into a nursing home something is wrong. WTF would you knowingly do that? Then we hear people scream about the death rates and cases going up largely in part because of that.

3 months ago we were told this was nothing to worry about
2 months ago we were told to wipe down everything in sight
2 months ago we were told not to wear masks or gloves
1 month ago we were told to start wearing masks
Couple weeks ago we were told to stop wearing gloves
Couple days ago we were told we don't need to wipe shit down so much

We got told South Dakota was going to be a huge hot spot because they never locked down

We got told Georgia was sacrificing people or whatever

We got told Florida was going to blow up

And if you dare question any of the mainstream narrative then by God you are a selfish fucker that doesn't care if people die.

And all this lock down shit was to keep the hospitals from being overrun. Okay. Great. Mission accomplished. In fact maybe too well as now hospitals have been laying people off.

Now that we have achieved that there are new reasons to stay locked down in some areas. For some reason you can't go to church but you can go to Wal-Mart.

And never mind the fact that when only Home Depot and the grocery store is open you're going to have a shit load of people doing just what you don't want.....all going to the same places.

This entire thing is fucked up in so many different ways but for some reason we are only supposed to see it in one way.
Insert applause gif here.

This is exactly what I tried to say but didn’t do such an eloquent job. I blame the bourbon.

We’re just a bunch of lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, to riff on Floyd.

There are facts. I respect facts. I also respect the fact that not everyone sees this crisis through the same lens as me.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:45 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Insert applause gif here.

This is exactly what I tried to say but didn’t do such an eloquent job. I blame the bourbon.

We’re just a bunch of lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, to riff on Floyd.

There are facts. I respect facts. I also respect the fact that not everyone sees this crisis through the same lens as me.
Well I don't know how eloquent it is and it is really just a rant. You can post 2 competing articles from the same site and watch 2 people dig their heels in on why one is wrong. I believe if you have symptoms you should wear a mask. I believe you shouldn't be getting up in someone's grill regardless of Covid. And actually the 6ft thing is the most effective. The mask on the other hand isn't going to do you any good if you sit there and chat up someone for several minutes. The mask in large part is just to keep you from hacking your crap all over someone. Otherwise even without a mask casually passing someone in say an isle at the store isn't going to expose you long enough to get infectious. They have already stated they think it takes about 1,000 units of this shit to infect you and that we we expel about 900 units a minute between talking and breathing. A mask will extend that to maybe 2-3 minutes at best.

So again, the key is keeping distance when you get down to it.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:52 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Public perception in Kansas or Missouri may be different than other parts of the country.

I think the NFL will play regardless and that has nothing to do with comparing this to the flu. It’s just all about the money for them.
I see Olive & Ivy is re-opening. Take your ass up there and have a fillet for me. It's arguably one of the best steaks I have ever had. If you order it cooked anything more than medium rare I will slap you with a dirty sock twice.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:52 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Uninformed ideas about public health have real life consequences. It's a lot more important than what happens in a football game, and it absolutely should be taken seriously.
If uninformed ideas about public health are so dangerous (they are) then should an open thread about a world pandemic really exist on a football message board? Let’s not forget where we are.

Thank God the masses aren’t relying on us.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:54 PM 05-21-2020

[Reply]
srvy 11:01 PM 05-21-2020
Yep you should cut the cord.
[Reply]
srvy 11:07 PM 05-21-2020
Eleazar is still stewing that Tyreek isn't on death row and instead is still in the NFL with full custody of his kids and crazy GF out of the picture.

You should leave again for months like you did after Reek was cleared. Have a good cry then come back with name change and hope no one remembers.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:43 PM 05-21-2020
Boys go to Mars to get candy bars. Girls go to Jupiter to get stupider.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:28 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I see Olive & Ivy is re-opening. Take your ass up there and have a fillet for me. It's arguably one of the best steaks I have ever had. If you order it cooked anything more than medium rare I will slap you with a dirty sock twice.
Are you asking me on a date?!?!
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:29 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Uninformed ideas about public health have real life consequences. It's a lot more important than what happens in a football game, and it absolutely should be taken seriously.
Like the fact the vast majority of people who are in danger from Covid are older unhealthy people? Or that we have already accomplished th initial goal of not overrunning out healthcare systems?
[Reply]
TLO 06:40 AM 05-22-2020
Another outbreak in a meat packing plant in North Carolina. 500 something out of over 2000 employees tested positive. Most had no symptoms.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:42 AM 05-22-2020

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus https://t.co/8vGvGEfh5a pic.twitter.com/Tenblyj98u

— New York Post (@nypost) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Page 2166 of 3903
« First < 1166166620662116215621622163216421652166 216721682169217021762216226626663166 > Last »
Up