ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2018 of 3903
« First < 1018151819181968200820142015201620172018 201920202021202220282068211825183018 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 07:43 PM 05-12-2020
It's a bit of a long read, but I found this article to be really informative about the actual risks of various types of activities. It's worth the read if you have a few minutes.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them

It's "just a blog," but you can read the author's credentials at the top (immunologist), and it's cited the whole way through. It focuses on how many "transmission events" (outbreaks and other traced infections) have occurred under different circumstances, which I like a lot more than the theoretical stuff based on when virus particles can be found in the air.

A couple highlights from my perspective:
  1. Successful virus transmission is a factor of exposure plus time. The gist is that, if it takes 1000 virus particles to become infected, that can be 100 breaths in an environment where you're taking in 10 at a time, or it could be taking a direct sneeze to the face where you take in thousands all at once. That means that the biggest issues are indoor environments without great ventilation.
  2. "The main sources for infection are home, workplace, public transport, social gatherings, and restaurants. This accounts for 90% of all transmission events. In contrast, outbreaks spread from shopping appear to be responsible for a small percentage of traced infections. Importantly, of the countries performing contact tracing properly, only a single outbreak has been reported from an outdoor environment (less than 0.3% of traced infections)."

So in short, it seems like outdoor activities should be relatively safe. While it's technically possible you could become infected outdoors, it would take a prolonged period of time being exposed to someone's exhaled air. That said, sneezing, coughing, or 80k people yelling at the top of their lungs for 3 hours straight would all make it far more likely.

Retail is probably not terrible, though the distancing guidelines make sense to keep the concentrations of exhaled air to a minimum.

Offices just depend on the ventilation and layout. If you work in an open office, I'd certainly be lobbying to keep the number of people working remotely up as high as possible.

Restaurants? Ehh...let's just say I personally won't be going to any restaurants that don't have an open window I can sit at at least.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:46 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
He's one of those morons taking a fake 50-cal made of wood and PVC to order a sandwich at Subway to "own the libs"
This from the attention-whore who spent weeks on here trying to convince himself and hoping that he had COVID-19.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:48 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea might need to keep the politics out of this. We can disagree but this is a 100% political post.
Ban me from the thread then. I don't give a shit.

To claim this thread is politics-free is fucking rich, considering the same DC assholes are here spreading misinformation and begging to reopen just like they are over in the cesspool.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:50 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Rumor is Cal State system closing for fall semester.
With no sports.
No Fresno State, San Diego State or San Jose State football.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:50 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This from the attention-whore who spent weeks on here trying to convince himself and hoping that he had COVID-19.
Stay classy, as always!
[Reply]
Monticore 07:50 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
It's apparent you married up.:-)

I have a feeling your definition of fished out is probably still a helluva lot better than it is around here.

Looks like a great place to live for someone into the lakes and fishing thing.
Not sure how to embed
Some pics of my little cousin, well not little anymore I know she might be old at 45 For some of you.

https://m.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1204284/viewall
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:50 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is but I would plan around black fly season , you would be staying indoors by choice.
Ontario is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Of course I've only been there in early summer. We fish the Quetico in canoes. My favorite fishing is paddling down the shoreline throwing leech tipped jigs for smallmouth.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:51 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The reason why they said masks were useless in first place is because of people like you, Contamination of the mask especially the inside of it puts your even more at risk, wash hands put it on and leave it on , it should be treated as sterile equipment.
This makes sense.

As I mentioned previously, we have more than 300 medical gloves, which are currently sitting next to the front door. We have more than a dozen cloth masks in various sizes for everyone in my family.

When I go out in public, I don’t put on my mask and gloves until I reach my destination. Once I’ve completed shopping, I unload my groceries but before I get into my car to drive, I take off my mask then dispose of the gloves in a trash can. I immediately use hand sanitizer before driving home.

Once I’m home, I have to unload all of the goods by my front doors, where I have several towels and a spray bottle of Clorox Cleaner with Bleac ready for us. Every single item has to be sprayed down and wiped clean, then they’re brought into the home using a clean and laundered cloth bag.

I then undress and put my clothes directly in the washer, then shower. It’s an exhausting process that takes nearly all day when I shop for two weeks, but so far, so good.

What really sucks are the short runs, like Home Depot. Showering two or three times a day is a bit much.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:54 PM 05-12-2020
Stay classy, as always!
Aw, what's wrong tough guy?

Why the thumbs down?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:54 PM 05-12-2020
So is this going to happen? Saw another that says No USC-Bama game.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:56 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This makes sense.

As I mentioned previously, we have more than 300 medical gloves, which are currently sitting next to the front door. We have more than a dozen cloth masks in various sizes for everyone in my family.

When I go out in public, I don’t put on my mask and gloves until I reach my destination. Once I’ve completed shopping, I unload my groceries but before I get into my car to drive, I take off my mask then dispose of the gloves in a trash can. I immediately use hand sanitizer before driving home.

Once I’m home, I have to unload all of the goods by my front doors, where I have several towels and a spray bottle of Clorox Cleaner with Bleac ready for us. Every single item has to be sprayed down and wiped clean, then they’re brought into the home using a clean and laundered cloth bag.

I then undress and put my clothes directly in the washer, then shower. It’s an exhausting process that takes nearly all day when I shop for two weeks, but so far, so good.

What really sucks are the short runs, like Home Depot. Showering two or three times a day is a bit much.
It is hard to not contaminate your self or things , it is even hard for hospital workers who sometimes have helpers just for donning and doffing PPE.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:57 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
And check out the size of that lake. It's huge. Prime fishing spot.
Does it get any better, I THINK NOT. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:59 PM 05-12-2020
Is this official? I’m not seeing it on ESPN or CBS Sports. I feel like this being official would be a big news deal. I mean, it’s not the SEC or anything but the MWC is a decent mid major, if I say so myself.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:59 PM 05-12-2020
Aw, what's wrong tough guy?

Why the thumbs down?
You are talking smack to yourself?

JFC what a tool.:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:00 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Is this official? I’m not seeing it on ESPN or CBS Sports. I feel like this being official would be a big news deal. I mean, it’s not the SEC or anything but the MWC is a decent mid major, if I say so myself.
ditto. Only seeing twitter. Not anywhere else.
[Reply]
Page 2018 of 3903
« First < 1018151819181968200820142015201620172018 201920202021202220282068211825183018 > Last »
Up