ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 151
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:42 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
There are some high school highlights out there where Dok does some dribbling on drives.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
When he puts the ball on the ground, he isn't the turnover machine that he used to be, but I still cringe. I prefer him to catch, turn, and shoot without dribbling.

Oh what am I saying. I prefer him to catch and dunk with both feet in the air. Much harder to get called for traveling that way.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:51 PM 02-23-2020
Maybe Agbaji will be this year’s version of 2012 Elijah Johnson.

EJ was up and down all year, but finished really strong through the Big 12 Tourney and NCAA Tourney.

He averaged just over 15 points over the last 8 games that year. If Ochai can do something similar, he can win it all.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:44 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You thought the #1 team, who’s won 23 straight, would get “blown out” at home?

Nobody is this stupid.
They've struggled the last month to beat some bad teams. They've only won so many games because they are in a weak conference.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:41 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They've struggled the last month to beat some bad teams. They've only won so many games because they are in a weak conference.
Leave, troll.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:11 PM 02-23-2020
Saving his best for the last part of his career at KU.

In the month of February, Azubuike has had games of:

17 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks
20 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks
15 points, 17 rebounds, 4 blocks
23 points, 19 rebounds, 3 blocks

— Nick Schwerdt (@nick_schwerdt) February 23, 2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:39 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

That’s putting in mans work.
[Reply]
sedated 07:14 PM 02-23-2020
I just wish Doke learned to block shots softly (like Withey) instead of rocketing them out of bounds and giving possession right back.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:18 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I would have never thought Dok could stay out of foul trouble long enough to put up numbers like that. Never mind the conditioning.

He be the man.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:17 PM 02-23-2020
So I rewatched the KU vs UNC Final Four game from 2008 today. I hadn’t seen it in awhile, so it was fun to watch a beat down laid on UNC by the best KU team ever.

A few things stood out to me:
-Aldrich was super active
-Our guards made theirs look like they were running in quicksand
-Hansbrough was easily frustrated and stifled by 4 bigs that were all bigger and much more athletic than him
-And speaking of which, holy shit. Hansbrough got the ultimate star treatment from the refs in that one. UNC could’ve been down 40 in the first half had Hansbrough not gotten several calls to go his way.
-I forgot just how smooth Rush was at everything. The game looked so easy for him that it almost looked like he wasn’t trying.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:32 PM 02-23-2020
https://247sports.com/college/kansas...lor-144159787/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
https://247sports.com/college/kansas...lor-144159787/
In the NBA it's a given to foul in that spot, but I think you can easily justify not fouling at the college level. These kids aren't good enough at creating a good 3PT shot with such little time (unless you are Mario Chalmers).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:01 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I just wish Doke learned to block shots softly (like Withey) instead of rocketing them out of bounds and giving possession right back.
He's basically elevated his defense to peak Withey level now other than doing that. He likes to make them dramatic.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Maybe Agbaji will be this year’s version of 2012 Elijah Johnson.

EJ was up and down all year, but finished really strong through the Big 12 Tourney and NCAA Tourney.

He averaged just over 15 points over the last 8 games that year. If Ochai can do something similar, he can win it all.
EJ had a lot more raw offensive talent. Agbaji is very stilted when he tries to make offensive moves generally. As long as he guards and hits his open shots while creating spacing for Dotson/Garrett drives and Udoka posts/PnRs, I'm fine with what he's doing though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:04 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So I rewatched the KU vs UNC Final Four game from 2008 today. I hadn’t seen it in awhile, so it was fun to watch a beat down laid on UNC by the best KU team ever.

A few things stood out to me:
-Aldrich was super active
-Our guards made theirs look like they were running in quicksand
-Hansbrough was easily frustrated and stifled by 4 bigs that were all bigger and much more athletic than him
-And speaking of which, holy shit. Hansbrough got the ultimate star treatment from the refs in that one. UNC could’ve been down 40 in the first half had Hansbrough not gotten several calls to go his way.
-I forgot just how smooth Rush was at everything. The game looked so easy for him that it almost looked like he wasn’t trying.
Dominating Hansbrough in that game was maybe the most satisfying time I've ever had watching KU basketball.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:56 PM 02-23-2020
I talked some shit on on Self and the state of you guys' program, post the unspeakable outrage a few weeks ago. Self corrected your team, I shouldn't be surprised. He is a good coach when it's all said and done. Yes, he has some real nba talent on the roster front to back where Duke has only Vernon Carey and maybe Cassius Stanley, but self is the reason you guys will win it all this year. K.U. deserves it because you guys are sticking together through some bullshit and buying into the message. I still feel like Duke prepares their players better for whatever comes after Division 1 BB, be it the nba, coaching or pro basketball outside of the U.S. That said, when you guys got a real team and buy in it's way more dominant. The programs have the same ultimate goal, but they go about their business differently. Good luck next month and I'm definitely rooting for you guys unless you face Duke. In which case not even god will be able to help you.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 151
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Up