ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 301
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:54 PM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's all good as long as winning isn't too big of a deal.

Have a blast man...
Thanks. It’ll be my kids first time ever at the K(and in KC, for that matter). Can’t wait.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:10 PM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Imagine how many K's he could have if he got to face teammates Pratto, Melendez and Matias? It would be his dream come true.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:50 AM 05-17-2019
If those dudes in the minors don't turn it around this dumpster fire will continue...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:30 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If those dudes in the minors don't turn it around this dumpster fire will continue...

They need the minors to produce talent, period.

The performance of the touted pitchers (Singer, Lynch, Kowar) is encouraging. There are several less-touted guys finding success, too (Bubic, Zach Haake, Jonathan Bowlan, Tyler Zuber).

The big hitting prospect (Pratto, Matias, Melendez) have not gotten off to good starts. It’s worrisome.

The silver lining is how well Isabel was hitting before his took the ball to the face, and how well guys like Gigliotti and Lopez have performed.

You want to hit on as many early round guys as possible, obviously. If they can get some good guys later, that helps mitigate misses in earthier rounds.
[Reply]
nychief 08:35 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They need the minors to produce talent, period.

The performance of the touted pitchers (Singer, Lynch, Kowar) is encouraging. There are several less-touted guys finding success, too (Bubic, Zach Haake, Jonathan Bowlan, Tyler Zuber).

The big hitting prospect (Pratto, Matias, Melendez) have not gotten off to good starts. It’s worrisome.

The silver lining is how well Isabel was hitting before his took the ball to the face, and how well guys like Gigliotti and Lopez have performed.

You want to hit on as many early round guys as possible, obviously. If they can get some good guys later, that helps mitigate misses in earthier rounds.

Wilmington always kills the offensive numbers... but they are brutal so far.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Wilmington always kills the offensive numbers... but they are brutal so far.

Yeah. The K rate is a concern. Patience was acceptable last year in first taste of full season ball and etc. but they have to show progress, not regression, this year. And so far it’s regression.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:59 AM 05-17-2019
Regarding the draft, the buzz is picking up again that the Orioles might take Witt 1-1 instead of Rutschman.

I think the Royals are adding a guaranteed top 50 prospect to their system either way, but Rutschman would be borderline top 20 from day 1.

Hard to go wrong either way, but Rutschman’s proven plate discipline is an exciting thing to me.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:04 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Regarding the draft, the buzz is picking up again that the Orioles might take Witt 1-1 instead of Rutschman.

I think the Royals are adding a guaranteed top 50 prospect to their system either way, but Rutschman would be borderline top 20 from day 1.

Hard to go wrong either way, but Rutschman’s proven plate discipline is an exciting thing to me.

Rutschman is the guy I want too.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 05-17-2019

Alex Gordon tells https://t.co/6TSm0LErFq he now is leaning toward playing beyond this season. And it's either here or nowhere: “I don’t want to play anywhere else. Yeah, I want to retire as a Royal." The story: https://t.co/JmMxRbBsJO via @MLB

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) May 17, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:12 AM 05-17-2019
Forever Royal!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:12 AM 05-17-2019
Just.

Say.

No.

To.

Drafting.

Catchers.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:28 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Just.

Say.

No.

To.

Drafting.

Catchers.

Draft the best guy available to you, regardless of position, in the first.

Rutschman is the safest prospect in the draft because of his plate discipline and proven production. His offensive profile/projection matches the best college bats.

Comparing him to Andrew Vaughn, a worst-case for Rutschman would be him having to move off C and play 1B. Their bat profile is practically identical and you could make a case Rutschman’s is better.

Rutschman also has the athleticism to potentially play 3B or LF I’d catching is causing problems.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:34 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Just.

Say.

No.

To.

Drafting.

Catchers
. re-signing Gordon
Fixed
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:37 AM 05-17-2019

We have recalled RHP Heath Fillmyer and optioned 3B Kelvin Gutierrez to Omaha. #Royals

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) May 17, 2019

[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:59 AM 05-17-2019
Any chance some of the Wilmington pitchers are moved to AA this year? Or will they need to spend a full year in high A?
[Reply]
Page 97 of 301
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up