ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 65
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelvin Benjamin is available [and has signed with the Chiefs, but not really, just a dumbass bump]
BandwagonChiefsFan 06:47 PM 12-05-2018
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36043328028672
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:53 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Has anyone posted the actual contract in this monstrosity of a thread? Looks like it's just vet minimum, so we're paying him a whopping $185k. :-)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...enjamin-14437/

I'm still skeptical he'll make any difference, but I'm more than happy to have him at that salary.
He took this deal because he knows he needed to go somewhere that he can truly prove himself to be valuable. And I suspect that he will.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:57 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One thing that worries me is he's not very productive compared to target vs reception ratio. His career numbers are 207 receptions vs 404 targets. Compare that to another above average receiver such as Allen Robinson who has 243 receptions vs 457 targets.
Might be just kool-aid, but a few thoughts....
The obvious - inaccurate QBs, he's not a #1 receiver (but was asked to be), he can be a matchup role player in KC.

The less obvious (maybe kool-aid) - he gets a shitload of targets even though he's not a good separation receiver. That tells me that Cam/Allen used him a ton as a bailout and just chucked it up to him because they saw nothing else. He's not good enough to be a volume receiver. Lowering the volume might help a ton with catch %. If a lower % of his throws are lower % catch opportunities, his catch % should improve.

Optimistic, I know.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 04:06 PM 12-07-2018
I like it and think it will pay off.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:09 PM 12-07-2018
Just squeak through this last month with HFA, get Watkins back for the playoffs, and Benjamin might be integrated into the offense enough by then to give us 4 legit receiving threats on any given play. It’s too much to handle in combination with Mahomes IMO if they can stay upright.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:15 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He took this deal because he knows he needed to go somewhere that he can truly prove himself to be valuable. And I suspect that he will.
Pretty sure anything he makes comes off what Buffalo is paying him so nobody was going to give him much and it doesn't matter what we pay him, he makes the same.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:17 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just squeak through this last month with HFA, get Watkins back for the playoffs, and Benjamin might be integrated into the offense enough by then to give us 4 legit receiving threats on any given play. It’s too much to handle in combination with Mahomes IMO if they can stay upright.
The next 3 games are gonna be tough. Sucks we lost Hunt and Sammy, but hopefully Berry brings a spark to the defense and Benjamin kicks ass.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:18 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The next 3 games are gonna be tough. Sucks we lost Hunt and Sammy, but hopefully Berry brings a spark to the defense and Benjamin kicks ass.
Seattle worries me for sure but you get Baltimore at home and then LA on a short week at home. Then extra days to prep for Seattle. So the schedule favors us.

I think we win at least 3. Now whether or not NE loses is another story...
[Reply]
O.city 04:20 PM 12-07-2018
Just win the next 2 and you’ve pretty much locked up a bye

Win the next 3 and you’ve got hfa
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:23 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

Oh just :-). In the Watkins thread you were declaring the season is all but over. You bi-polar ignoramus.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:26 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Oh just :-). In the Watkins thread you were declaring the season is all but over. You bi-polar ignoramus.
This whole fucking message board is bi-polar. Anyone calling anyone Bi-polar is hypocrisy at its finest.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:27 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
This whole ****ing message board is bi-polar. Anyone calling anyone Bi-polar is hypocrisy at its finest.
Hey! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 04:28 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

What is the tie breaker scenario if we tie the Chargers in record, and we split the regular season 1-1 with them?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:28 PM 12-07-2018
Doing some reading and it looks like KB went diva mode in Carolina and asked to be traded because he wasn't getting his targets.

Probably the same reason he basically quit on the Bills.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:29 PM 12-07-2018
What is the tie breaker scenario if we tie the Chargers in record, and we split the regular season 1-1 with them?
Chiefs have a better division record.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:29 PM 12-07-2018
We have a better division record, assuming we beat the Raiders to end the season.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 65
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up