ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 163
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:03 AM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I would love to take a North American wolf & have it mounted & sit next to my fireplace
Sounds pretty fucking manly
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 06:15 AM 12-27-2012
Far & away the most accurate at distance, hand gun I have ever shot. It was 357. But they come in 44 & 50 & I think they come factory ready for a pistol scope.
There's a reason for that. It's one of the very few gas operated pistols around. As a result, unlike most semi-auto pistols it's barrel is fixed. Almost all other barrels recoil back a short distance with the slide. Fixed barrel is inherently more accurate. Expensive though I have a 50AE version and need to get a 44 barrel for it.
[Reply]
kepp 08:42 AM 12-27-2012
I would love to take a North American wolf & have it mounted & sit next to my fireplace
What you need to do is get three, and have them mounted and posed like this:

[Reply]
Iowanian 08:47 AM 12-27-2012
I booked a spring hog hunt with 10 of my fellow cave men.

I'm thinking that should be pretty fun.

I'm setting a goal now to take a bear with my bow next year.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:49 AM 12-27-2012
Once I saw a coffee table with a coyote smashing on a pheasant in a snow scene. Thought it was pretty cool. Wouldn't mind shooting each & having one made.

I'd rather shoot 5 coyotes though about the same color & have a pimp coat made :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:51 AM 12-27-2012
Are there any predator callers here?

I spent a little time with a buddy calling coyotes last year and had a ball, but like everything else, it seems to be a learned skill. I know some, but let's pretend I don't. I'm interested in some basic tips and your favorite setups.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:59 AM 12-27-2012
Did it a few times iowa, no success. They are smart. They will come downwind on ya & the jig is up.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:30 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

I spent a little time with a buddy calling coyotes last year and had a ball, but like everything else, it seems to be a learned skill. I know some, but let's pretend I don't. I'm interested in some basic tips and your favorite setups.
Yes & I,m very good at howling & locating
rabbit call or distress calls
Set ups let see here?
#1 Getting to the spot that you wanna set up in without making so much noise every creature for a mile knows you are there is important. frozen snow is loud. the clothes you wear can be loud. so pay attention to what you wear.
#2 If you & a buddy go out together. Have the guy that is not using the hand-call set up about 15 to 20 yards down wind . The Yote will circle & try to wind what ever it hears in distress. So the guy down wind should get the best shot.
#3 Try not to move. If you have to move at all, do it while the yote is at a nice jog or run. If its standing still dnt even bat an eye lid. yotes are lazy & will take the easiest way or path in all most every time. get yourselves set down.Then glass over the aria real good before you start calling. You just may see one.
If you see a yote coming in & it keeps looking behind its self. Their is another yote with it.Be patient you have a double or triple coming. When time comes to shoot take the furthest yote out. That will give you the best chance at a double triple ect.
If you get busted that animal will never come into that call again. So do your best not to educate them.

As for howling? Those are my secrets that I have spent years learning & perfecting.
It ups your odds if you know what you are doing, & as long as the wind is at your face a yote will almost run you over sometimes. We are not quite to that time of year where I would go all out on howling. Middle Jan when they start to couple up & become very very territorial, is when howling is at its best. Not that it wont work now. It will
What I like most about howling is being able to project a illusion to yotes as far as a mile away. (which you can not do with a distress call) Thee illusion that one or more unknown yotes are in their territory & eating the game that those Yotes will be feeding their pups with. Its a game changer to say the least
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:07 PM 12-27-2012
If you really wanna to learn some useful tricks. I would suggest Randy Anderson's DVD. Calling all coyotes.
Even this old dog learned a trick or two from Randy,& I have been hunting dogs with my oldman long before I was old enough to shoot a rifle.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:12 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Did it a few times iowa, no success. They are smart. They will come downwind on ya & the jig is up.
Ya this is bad thing. But you learn from it. I hope some of what i just wrote will help you. Im game for going out & calling for any of you guys that would have me. Im in Omaha & have know probs driving out to your farms ect. Few things on earth I like more than hunting Coyotes. Good luck guys

Some of my hand calls. I have many. some in this pic are pretty new, a few are old. Lot of my old calls that were my Pops or Grandpas, the reeds are shot & they are worthless but hold sentimental value to me.

[IMG]1227121717_0001.jpg (40.0 KB)[/IMG]

The one on the far right is the Cat Nip. GREAT SOUND! Its one of my newer calls & defiantly a favorite. The one on the far left was a squirrel squeak before I got my hands on it. Its called a lot of dogs in, in its day
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:36 PM 12-27-2012

It's flat as fuck here, so isn't much of a place you can go to get an advantage, so most guys here, just get out of the pickup and call the fuckers in.

Around here, rabbit calls work best.

Make sure it is cold as motherfuck.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:11 PM 12-27-2012

Check into Lobo Watch for some great Wolf Hunts. Neat stuff going on in the Wolf hunt business
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:16 PM 12-27-2012

http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/product...calls/hellfire
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:18 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/product...calls/hellfire
That is a real winner to. I should have mentioned that
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:12 PM 12-29-2012
Nice vid on the Fox pro. You can see how fast it can happen when he misses with the shotgun & switches to a rifle . Bam in your face action

[Reply]
Page 98 of 163
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Up