ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 791
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182582 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:56 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
As a player, you get drafted to a place not of your choosing out of college.

Once you have a chance to choose where you go or to the place that's going to compensate you the most, why wouldn't you do that?
You absolutely would. I'm just saying, depending on his market, I'd consider a prove it deal.

If he's getting crazy offers for 4+ years, sure, take it. But if the market is only 2-3 years for like $6-7M per, I'd consider betting on myself. Go play for a team who you think might win the SB, like a KC or NE, and see if you can't play your way into a massive contract. Guys who win Super Bowls always get overpaid, so if you play well on top of that, he might get $12M+ per year next offseason.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:56 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
"Liability"? Did you see the other guys In the secondary? :-) And if you're really telling me that a healthy Berry would "not" help this defense, then you're welcome to move along. Because all you'll be doing is allowing your Berry hate to blind you of reality.

The bottom line is the doctors have apparently said he will be fully healthy at the start of training camp and Andy Reid has said he expects to see Berry back In full flow. Are you gonna listen to the people who are close to the situation or are you so bitter that you can't handle not getting your way?
Yes, "liability". As in, "when the Chiefs decided to put Eric Berry back in the starting lineup, they began losing games in part to #29 being a liability on the field".

Or, we can do it like this:

"After to losing to Seattle, the Kansas City Chiefs defense began to turn the corner somewhat, and began to show signs of life. This short-lived burst went immediately to the shitter when the Chiefs unwisely decided to reintroduce Hobospirit29 to the starting lineup, where he proved himself to be a slow, sluggish liability in all subsequent starts"

And please tell us how Hobospirit29's Haglund deformity is going to magically cure itself without surgery? Is he simply going to will it away? Perhaps call on the Holy Spirit to dissolve the growth for him? HOW is Eric Berry going to be "fully healthy" with no treatment for his deformity, which is causing him to play at a level more becoming the players who have subbed for him instead of a multi-millionaire all-pro, please?
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You absolutely would. I'm just saying, depending on his market, I'd consider a prove it deal.

If he's getting crazy offers for 4+ years, sure, take it. But if the market is only 2-3 years for like $6-7M per, I'd consider betting on myself. Go play for a team who you think might win the SB, like a KC or NE, and see if you can't play your way into a massive contract. Guys who win Super Bowls always get overpaid, so if you play well on top of that, he might get $12M+ per year next offseason.
When Nelson is about to get 8 mil, I'd imagine Roby will get atleast that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:58 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Wouldn’t want him then. Roby has drastically underperformed the last couple years, so if he’s content to take the deal that it earns him, it tells me that he’s content with being average.

If Roby took a one year deal and balled out, he’d probably get double the money next year. But that’s his call of course. Not everyone wants to bet on themselves.
The exact words were, "Elway wanted to restructure his deal, and he wants to explore the market".

Doesn't sound to me like he wants to "prove it".
[Reply]
In58men 10:07 AM 02-28-2019
#Chiefs GM Brett Veach said CB is an area that they’ll be aggressive with this offseason, while praising Charvarius Ward’s development after joining team at the end of the preseason last year.

Via BJ Kissel
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 02-28-2019
The bottom line is the doctors have apparently said he will be fully healthy at the start of training camp
Link?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 02-28-2019
he's apparently been cleared to play by the doctors.
Link?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:02 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yes, "liability". As in, "when the Chiefs decided to put Eric Berry back in the starting lineup, they began losing games in part to #29 being a liability on the field".

Or, we can do it like this:

"After to losing to Seattle, the Kansas City Chiefs defense began to turn the corner somewhat, and began to show signs of life. This short-lived burst went immediately to the shitter when the Chiefs unwisely decided to reintroduce Hobospirit29 to the starting lineup, where he proved himself to be a slow, sluggish liability in all subsequent starts"

And please tell us how Hobospirit29's Haglund deformity is going to magically cure itself without surgery? Is he simply going to will it away? Perhaps call on the Holy Spirit to dissolve the growth for him? HOW is Eric Berry going to be "fully healthy" with no treatment for his deformity, which is causing him to play at a level more becoming the players who have subbed for him instead of a multi-millionaire all-pro, please?
Lol "signs of life"? Against a tanking Raiders and a Colts who couldn't handle playing In the snow? Ok. I guessed you missed the previous games where the defense was an absolute joke WITHOUT Berry? Or does that not suit your agenda? Furthermore you can't seem to fathom the basics so I'll say it again. THE DOCTOR SAID HE DOESN'T NEED SURGERY. And also nobody from the organisation, nore Eric himself, ever confirmed what injury he had, So there's a chance it might not even have been a haglund deformity.

The bottom line is you Berry haters have done nothing but spew bile and lies about that man and can't seem to handle the possibility of him staying and playing next season. Which is utterly pathetic imo.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:02 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Link?
Google it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 02-28-2019
Google it.
I have. The doctor in Wisconsin said he didn't need surgery. He hasn't been given a full bill of health, cleared to play, or told that he will be fully ready for the 2019 season, as you asserted.

He's been told that having surgery isn't necessary, as in it won't help him. That doesn't mean ANY of those things you said it did.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:05 AM 02-28-2019
Google it.
I can't see why everyone hates you....
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:09 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have. The doctor in Wisconsin said he didn't need surgery. He hasn't been given a full bill of health, cleared to play, or told that he will be fully ready for the 2019 season, as you asserted.

He's been told that having surgery isn't necessary, as in it won't help him. That doesn't mean ANY of those things you said it did.
Reid said he expects him to take full participation in training camp, what else do you want exactly? Berry's x-rays? :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:10 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I can't see why everyone hates you....
Well I sure hope you CAN see why I don't care :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:15 AM 02-28-2019
Anyone who thinks Eric Berry needs to stay here is remembering what he use to be, not what he is.

He is an expensive headache, that you never know if he can even play or not. This is a guy with a repaired ACL, a repaired achillies, his other heel is fucked and he had cancer...sounds like his body is done to me.

Move on from Berry and Houston..go get Landon Collins, draft Adderly, it's time for this defense to be different.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:15 AM 02-28-2019
:-) Chiefs expected Berry back by week 5. We all saw how that turned out.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 791
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182582 > Last »
Up