ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Media Center>Most Memorable moments from Game of Thrones
Buehler445 08:14 PM 05-20-2019
Now that it's all said and all done, what are your most memorable scenes from the show? There is a lot to draw from, I'm interested in what impacted you the most.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:59 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And now we're going on 10 years since the last book dropped. Lazy bastard. Is there anybody left on earth that cares?
Didn't he release a Barristan Selmy chapter a few years ago?
[Reply]
Frazod 05:03 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Didn't he release a Barristan Selmy chapter a few years ago?
Don't know. Don't care.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:06 PM 12-30-2020
And now we're going on 10 years since the last book dropped. Lazy bastard. Is there anybody left on earth that cares?
Yeah, there's no way he's finishing those books at this rate. He's already 72.

Looks like D&D's conclusion is all there's ever gonna be. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 05:08 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, there's no way he's finishing those books at this rate. He's already 72.

Looks like D&D's conclusion is all there's ever gonna be. :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 05:09 PM 12-30-2020
Don't know. Don't care.
You know he's just sitting on three or four more finished books, trying to maximize the payoff.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:21 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sorry dude. You're stuck with Bran the Broken. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 05:28 PM 12-30-2020
HBO starts production on the spin off in 2021 with GRRM executive producing. Which would seem to mean his old ass won’t be working on the books. But who knows?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:51 AM 12-31-2020
Doesn't Brandon Sanderson specialize in completing other dudes' novel series?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:57 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
What amazes me is just how forgettable the show is to me now.

Season 8 just destroyed everything before for me.
The show took a noticeable dip in quality for me in season 5 (though it had some of my favorite moments beyond that point), but seasons 1-4 are truly all-time TV. I put those seasons up against The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc.

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Doesn't Brandon Sanderson specialize in completing other dudes' novel series?
He's probably the best shot we'll have at getting a finished product. I'm currently reading his Stormlight Archive and he's great but I think Martin's writing is a bit more layered. No one writes at the speed Sanderson does, though. If he ever takes over, he'll have this thing wrapped up within a few years.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:04 AM 12-31-2020
The thing I don't understand about the end of GOT is why they tried to condense it into such a little amount of episodes. There was so much story left that in the short time they had they had no shot of actually making it end well.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:10 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The thing I don't understand about the end of GOT is why they tried to condense it into such a little amount of episodes. There was so much story left that in the short time they had they had no shot of actually making it end well.
Once they caught up with the books and didn't have any more source material, I think they were completely lost as to what to do. I think when they started the series, they figured that George would have written some more books by the time they got to that point. When he didn't, they kinda shit their pants and decided to end it ASAP.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:20 AM 12-31-2020
The most memorable unseen moments from Game of Thrones:

The Long Night
[Reply]
vailpass 11:26 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The most memorable unseen moments from Game of Thrones:

The Long Night
:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:17 PM 12-31-2020
If you came to it late, like I did, and binged it all without the gaps in seasons, S8 is not as bad simply because you didn't have to wait 18+ months just to be disappointed. They obviously struggled after running through the primary source material, but it wasn't a complete disaster after S4. Season 6 was arguably one of the best seasons (I know some places rated it above S4). Once they got the Star Wars promise, they mailed it in and rushed to a finish.

With that said, the part that bothered me the most, from years of playing Total War, were the awful, awful battle tactics.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 PM 12-31-2020
The sad part is, if somebody who had never seen GoT asked me if it was worth watching, knowing how shitty the ending is, I'd say no. I wouldn't even recommend the books, since they started to largely suck after the third one and the series will probably never be finished anyway (die in fire Martin :-)).

Also, since the misery/joy ratio was pretty much 90/10 even when it was good, I think binging all eight seasons in short order would likely make one suicidally depressed.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up