ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 153
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:32 PM 12-19-2020
that............was................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

First time I've yelled/cheered in a movie since Empire or ROTJ!!!!!!!!

Wow - Favreau and team "gets it".......they gave us everything we should have had in the last 6 films.

I'm going to bed happier than I have been in a long, long time!!!
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:14 AM 12-20-2020
So now that I've come down from the excitement, there is a pretty big plot hole that will need explaining that I'm surprised got past Filoni. Maybe they tried to keep things so secret that Favreau didn't even let Filoni see the finale script but...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:25 AM 12-20-2020
Loved loved loved it! I'm so glad it was Hamil. I dgaf if he had to be deaged. It wouldn't have been the same with sebastian stan. Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker. It was just jaw dropping.

So happy. I assume this is the only time we see Luke?
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:36 AM 12-20-2020
There's no way Filoni was not involved in the finale.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:43 AM 12-20-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:53 AM 12-20-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:47 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 03:52 AM 12-20-2020
An interesting video came up on my Youtube feed about the visual effects that they use for the show. I don't know if it has been shared in this thread already but I'm going to embed it here:

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:17 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It *seems* as if they're following the original EU in which Thrawn returns from the Unknown Regions to reorganize the Empire.

He had a cloned Jedi named Joruus C'baoth, who, due to the cloning process, was no longer a Jedi but a "Dark Jedi". He wasn't a Sith but he was evil and "guided" the Empire through The Force, just like Sidious.

It took Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and a cast of others over the course of three novels to finally defeat Thrawn and "new" Empire.

The series also introduced Mara Jade, among other notable EU characters.
I hope they go this route. It's also possible, I think, that this is part of how Snoke clones started getting created. That would have to be carefully done to avoid being infected by the stench of the new trilogy.

Side note rant:

How much more imposing and scary is the First Order IF that trilogy of movies is built around a returned empire under the command of super genious Thrawn, with his cloned Dark Jedi sidekick who has managed to corrupt the Skywalker blood heir?

(Tries to control his rage at not having a cohesive plan before beginning a trilogy and letting directors have too much creative control over said trilogy, which led to it being a jumbled mess).

That said, I do see a possible path to introducing Thrawn, associating him with the rise of the First Order, and then tying off that story arc with him gone and the First Order still a threat that is moving forward with less-capable leaders.

It can be done well. I would trust Filoni and Favreau to have a good overall plan as long as Kathleen Kennedy isn't allowed to sprinkle her BS on it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:27 AM 12-20-2020
It *seems* as if they're following the original EU in which Thrawn returns from the Unknown Regions to reorganize the Empire.

He had a cloned Jedi named Joruus C'baoth, who, due to the cloning process, was no longer a Jedi but a "Dark Jedi". He wasn't a Sith but he was evil and "guided" the Empire through The Force, just like Sidious.

It took Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and a cast of others over the course of three novels to finally defeat Thrawn and "new" Empire.

The series also introduced Mara Jade, among other notable EU characters.

It's awesome that the creative team are taking the best elements of the EU like the " Lothal's "Jedi Temple temporal displacement" catacomb retcon could occur then it could further into metaphysical Force butterfly effect due to existing in the same time stream as your counterpart which automatically resets events like revealing that Din was the one who saved Grogu. You can redue Eps 1-3 leave the original alone and deviant from JJ and TJ's bullshit bu explaining how the Force left the Skywalker era alone and created a new sequence of events were caused due to the Force being dormant then quakes to alter the new trilogy.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:02 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by :
But the actual in-the-flesh actor was Max Llyod-Jones. Let us introduce you.

Although the London-born thespian isn’t a household name, he has a pretty solid resume, including “Adventures in Baby-Sitting,” “The Sandlot,”
I cannot find his role in "The Sandlot" on IMDB.
Did he change his name or something?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:06 AM 12-20-2020
The dark troopers remind me of of the robots in Reel Steel.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:08 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The dark troopers remind me of of the robots in Reel Steel.
1995, 1998, 2020. Phase 1, II & III of the Dark Trooper program.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12-20-2020, 02:29 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Thread is broken
Hammock Parties 02:43 PM 12-20-2020
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, YES!!!!!!

Link please!
You manage to break the thread? :-)

https://streamable.com/g3us0u
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:21 PM 12-20-2020
I broke the thread quoting. I sent an PM to the Mods.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 153
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Up