ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 41
« First < 313738394041
Washington DC and The Holy Land>****Trump Impeachment II: Electric Boogaloo****
banyon 01:54 PM 01-08-2021
Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment as early as Monday
From CNN's Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Jamie Gangel

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That could set up a vote in the House early to the middle of next week. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has not explicitly said when this will go to the floor.

This would be the second time the House has unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump.

In December 2019, the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him on both charges last February.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

(four stars on both sides, D2112)

JUST IN: 4-page draft article of impeachment against President Trump that Reps. Raskin, Lieu, Cicilline are planning to introduce Monday: "Incitement of insurrection" pic.twitter.com/KdQrzQy6pf

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:08 AM Yesterday
The real coup is tossing out, literally outright ignoring, of the limits placed on the federal govt in our Constitution. Ya' know as Jefferson stated:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."

[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:20 AM Yesterday
Truly a hard time in our nations history.
Can we rise to the occasion?
What stiff opposition will be faced?

SCHUMER: "Senators will have to decide if Donald John Trump incited the erection." pic.twitter.com/zL4UDs9UbK

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) January 22, 2021

[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:54 AM Yesterday
It’s really too bad he’ll stay in the news with his impeachment trial but there need to be consequences for the attempted coup
[Reply]
mkp785 11:16 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Constitutional lawyer Robert Barnes, Law Professor Turley and Dershowitz both say impeaching a former president out of office who is now a private citizen is unConstitutional. Barnes says it's how it was understood in the past as well. He goes on to say how it could be a Bill of Attainder if the Senate punishes Trump while out-of-office, without a judicialtrial which is unConstitutional and says what his options are legally.

The Constitution explicitly states impeachment applies to who is holding an office and says it twice.

It's the way I read it myself, without putting anything there that's not there or between the lines. It's not rocket science.

Tell us more.
Attached: Screenshot_20201130-095619_Chrome.jpg (310.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:33 AM Yesterday
^ invalid reply
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:39 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Truly a hard time in our nations history.
Can we rise to the occasion?
What stiff opposition will be faced?

Interesting choice of words in relation to Schumer's Freudian slip.
[Reply]
banyon 11:54 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The real coup is tossing out, literally outright ignoring, of the limits placed on the federal govt in our Constitution. Ya' know as Jefferson stated:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
Yeah, no one is doing that, thanks.
[Reply]
banyon 11:54 AM Yesterday
Pelosi confirms article of impeachment will be sent on Monday
Nancy Pelosi has confirmed that she will transmit the article of impeachment against Donald Trump to the Senate on Monday.

“We are respectful of the Senate’s constitutional power over the trial and always attentive to the fairness of the process, noting that the former president will have had the same amount of time to prepare for trial as our Managers,” the Democratic speaker said in a statement.

Pelosi added, “Our Managers are ready to begin to make their case to 100 Senate jurors through the trial process.”

Nancy Pelosi
(@SpeakerPelosi)
The article of impeachment for incitement of insurrection by Donald Trump will be delivered to the Senate on Monday, January 25. https://t.co/FSOWGACfgZ

January 22, 2021
The House impeachment managers will be Jamie Raskin, Diana DeGette, David Cicilline, Joaquin Castro, Eric Swalwell, Ted Lieu, Stacey Plaskett, Madeleine Dean and Joe Neguse.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell had called for delaying the impeachment trial until February to give Trump more time to prepare his defense, but it seems unlikely that Democrats will follow that timeline.

It would take two-thirds of the Senate, which is evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, to convict Trump on incitement of insurrection.

If Trump is convicted, the Senate could bar him from seeking federal office again.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...la-harris-live
[Reply]
2112 11:57 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by banyon:
Nancy Pelosi has confirmed that she will transmit the article of impeachment against Donald Trump to the Senate on Monday.

“We are respectful of the Senate’s constitutional power over the trial and always attentive to the fairness of the process, noting that the former president will have had the same amount of time to prepare for trial as our Managers,” the Democratic speaker said in a statement.

Pelosi added, “Our Managers are ready to begin to make their case to 100 Senate jurors through the trial process.”

Nancy Pelosi
(@SpeakerPelosi)
The article of impeachment for incitement of insurrection by Donald Trump will be delivered to the Senate on Monday, January 25. https://t.co/FSOWGACfgZ

January 22, 2021
The House impeachment managers will be Jamie Raskin, Diana DeGette, David Cicilline, Joaquin Castro, Eric Swalwell, Ted Lieu, Stacey Plaskett, Madeleine Dean and Joe Neguse.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell had called for delaying the impeachment trial until February to give Trump more time to prepare his defense, but it seems unlikely that Democrats will follow that timeline.

It would take two-thirds of the Senate, which is evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, to convict Trump on incitement of insurrection.

If Trump is convicted, the Senate could bar him from seeking federal office again.

LOVE IT!!!

Focus Nancy!! Focus!!

:-)
[Reply]
mkp785 11:59 AM Yesterday

Nancy Pelosi
(@SpeakerPelosi)

January 22, 2021

I'm all for the impeachment trial, but they should've used McConnell's request to delay this to get him to drop his ridiculous attempt at changing the filibuster. They also could've used this to get Biden's cabinet choices in quicker and with no trouble from the repubs.
[Reply]
banyon 01:04 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I'm all for the impeachment trial, but they should've used McConnell's request to delay this to get him to drop his ridiculous attempt at changing the filibuster. They also could've used this to get Biden's cabinet choices in quicker and with no trouble from the repubs.
Schumer does not appear to understand how to negotiate with Mitch. Mitch always takes and never gives anything.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:00 PM Yesterday
Schumer does not appear to understand how to negotiate with Mitch. Mitch always takes and never gives anything.
I know. The arrogance to even suggest the dems promise anything to him as it relates to the filibuster is amazing. Chuck is NOT a strong leader. I'd have more faith in Pelosi battling Mitch than Schumer. He can't back down from McConnell on this. They will block Biden every step of the way if the filibuster isn't an option.

I honestly think that AOC will try and primary him in 22. I'll be very interested in seeing how that goes. He has the old money backing him and she's very, very young but she's debatably the most popular figure on the left.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:07 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I know. The arrogance to even suggest the dems promise anything to him as it relates to the filibuster is amazing. Chuck is NOT a strong leader. I'd have more faith in Pelosi battling Mitch than Schumer. He can't back down from McConnell on this. They will block Biden every step of the way if the filibuster isn't an option.

I honestly think that AOC will try and primary him in 22. I'll be very interested in seeing how that goes. He has the old money backing him and she's very, very young but she's debatably the most popular figure on the left.
Shut up and clean my pool.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Shut up and clean my pool.
You don't have a house, much less a pool. Now get back to mopping the bathrooms out. The 1st is coming up and you gotta pay rent on your trailer. Can't let your boss Mr. Sanchez see you on the cell phone when you should be plunging out toilets.

Off you go little guy.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 41
« First < 313738394041
Up