ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 983 of 3903
« First < 483883933973979980981982983 9849859869879931033108314831983 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:39 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
eDave was premature on that beachtribe thread.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 12:42 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I wonder if in a few years we'll all look back and say the Covid quarantine really jump started my weight gain and we all talk about the covid 20 we put on.
It's funny. Since we've been cooking 100% of our meals for two weeks I think we've been eating a lot healthier.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:43 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's not a plan. It's a pipe dream.

My plan for making it through this? That Giselle Bundchen will leave Tom Brady, see me at a Wal-Mart and decide she must have me before settling for merely making me her play toy and financially supporting my family.

That plan is just as much a plan as "everyone will just do what the government tells them to do..." It is equally as likely to happen.

It's a prayer with the name 'plan' attached to it.

That's my point. Or more accurately, my point is that policymakers know damn good and well that they aren't going to get 100% compliance and all this complaining is mostly hand-wringing and Kabuki theater. They want to be able to say "look - we TOLD these people to stay inside..." so that nobody blames them for anything. It's a CYA bitch-fest from policymakers.

Because their 'plan' of everyone being as calm as hindu cows and doing what they're told is just wholly unrealistic. You know it, I know it and they damn sure know it.

I have to believe they were factoring in 'acceptable noncompliance' and if they weren't...well like I said, that's a really shitty plan.
No doubt CYA plays a huge part in it but as I said it is the only plan left. We didn't do what we needed to do in the early days so this is what we are left with.

Look at what Germany did compared to us.
Originally Posted by :
Late last year — long before most people had heard of the new coronavirus now sweeping the globe — scientists in Germany sprang into action to develop a test for the virus that was causing an unusual respiratory disease in central China.

They had one by mid-January — and labs around the country were ready to start using it just weeks later, around the same time that Europe’s most populous country registered its first case.

In the rare position of having beds to spare, German hospitals have taken in dozens of patients from Italy and France. While that will allow German doctors and nurses to learn how to treat severely ill COVID-19 patients, it also reflects a remarkable confidence in the country’s ability to manage its outbreak at a time when many others are shutting their borders.

The Robert Koch Institute, Germany’s disease control center, has suggested that strong measures imposed almost three weeks ago, including closing schools and restaurants, and later barring more than two people from gathering outside, seem to have slowed the rate of new infections.

[Reply]
DaFace 12:44 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
It's funny. Since we've been cooking 100% of our meals for two weeks I think we've been eating a lot healthier.
In between for me. We're still doing takeout quite a bit (and it's almost easier since it's cheaper not paying for booze and we otherwise have jack shit to spend money on). Our meals have otherwise been more healthy, but my wife loves to bake and has been doing something near daily to pass the time...
[Reply]
Donger 12:45 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In the rare position of having beds to spare, German hospitals have taken in dozens of patients from Italy and France.
Must resist WWII joke...
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:45 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Did you see what our sheriff said in Facebook last week? Someone texted the post to my wife. He’s a ****ing idiot.

Yep read it the other day. Let's post that shit
[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In between for me. We're still doing takeout quite a bit (and it's almost easier since it's cheaper not paying for booze and we otherwise have jack shit to spend money on). Our meals have otherwise been more healthy, but my wife loves to bake and has been doing something near daily to pass the time...
So your house is full of cookies and cakes and pies? I love pie send me an apple...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:46 PM 04-01-2020
in retrospect it was a mistake to buy three bags of bagels and three pounds of cream cheese
[Reply]
Mecca 12:47 PM 04-01-2020
in retrospect it was a mistake to buy three bags of bagels and three pounds of cream cheese

[Reply]
DaFace 12:47 PM 04-01-2020
So your house is full of cookies and cakes and pies? I love pie send me an apple...
Here. You can peruse all the stuff that she does to try and make me fat.

https://www.instagram.com/kelbakesallday/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:48 PM 04-01-2020
Everyone in our household is eating far less than pre-Lockdown.

Since the kids aren't able to have recess twice a day or PE while the parks, Disneyland and walking trails are all closed, they're hardly eating at all because they're not burning their normal calories.

Same goes for me: Lake Hollywood is closed so I can't even go on walks or runs, so I'm eating the bare minimum for most meals because I know I'm not going to be able to burn as many calories as normal.

This probably doesn't apply to the under-40 crowd but for those of us over 40, counting calories each day has become a real thing for me.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:49 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Here. You can peruse all the stuff that she does to try and make me fat.

https://www.instagram.com/kelbakesallday/
Hey that's impressive, my wife makes the Maccarons all the time,that's her thing.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:49 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Your math sucks since we don’t know what the mortality rate is because we have no idea how many people have actually been infected.
We have mortality rates for the flu and similar and it's the same thing.... we have no idea how many people are actually infected each year.

Yeah, there's educated guesswork involved, but hell... 3.3 million at 2% would be 1.65 million at 1% or 825,000 at .5%.

Is 825,000 deaths within a year okay?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:50 PM 04-01-2020
Hey that's impressive, my wife makes the Maccarons all the time,that's her thing.
Yeah, same for mine. Unfortunately, they're just OK for me. I'd much rather have chocolate chip cookies or brownies. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:52 PM 04-01-2020
Hahahha. I love it. People who other people money are scum of the earth. Take what is rightfully yours.
[Reply]
Page 983 of 3903
« First < 483883933973979980981982983 9849859869879931033108314831983 > Last »
Up