ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 486 of 3903
« First < 386436476482483484485486 4874884894904965365869861486 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:22 PM 03-19-2020
Politicians are going to be political and any smart politician is going to say this is the end of the world. That way when it isn’t they get to take credit. That’s a non-partisan observation.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:22 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Dominos is giving me the squirts and I'm down to half a roll of TP
:-)

I've got 28 rolls and 96 to be delivered Tuesday!
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:23 PM 03-19-2020
Yes. It slowed. I did not say anything about measures used to accomplish it.

Originally Posted by SupDock:
Did you read the article?

China did great work and managed to gain complete control of the virus, Levitt said. “Currently, I am most worried about the US. It must isolate as many people as possible to buy time for preparations. Otherwise, it can end up in a situation where 20,000 infected people will descend on the nearest hospital at the same time and the healthcare system will collapse.”

Israel currently does not have enough cases to provide the data needed to make estimates, Levitt said, but from what he can tell, the Ministry of Health is dealing with the pandemic in a correct, positive way. “The more severe the defensive measures taken, the more they will buy time to prepare for needed treatment and develop a vaccine.”

Levitt avoids making global forecasts. In China, he said, the number of new infections will soon reach zero, and South Korea is past the median point and can already see the end. Regarding the rest of the world, it is still hard to tell, he said. “It will end when all those who are sick will only meet people they have already infected. The goal is not to reach the situation the cruise ship experienced.”

[Reply]
TLO 05:23 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Call me bud. I'll cheer your ass up.
I appreciate the offer, but I'll be alright.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:24 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oops, my mistake, sorry. I get the math, but we do have some pretty solid case history from other countries who got the bug long before we did to work with, and I simply don't see it.

I think we should start a new thread giving predictions of total US cases. The winner gets a lifetime supply of TP.
LOL

I think we’ll have several hundred thousand confirmed cases and 10x - 200x that in asymptomatic and mild cases.
[Reply]
eDave 05:24 PM 03-19-2020
David's Hamburgers is giving away a free domestic beer, or well drink, for a roll of TP or box facial tissue.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:25 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oops, my mistake, sorry. I get the math, but we do have some pretty solid case history from other countries who got the bug long before we did to work with, and I simply don't see it.

I think we should start a new thread giving predictions of total US cases. The winner gets a lifetime supply of TP.
We have had 4000+ new cases today in the entire country. Yes I fully expect that to keep climbing as testing increases.

BUT that means either 1/2 the freaking country is walking around with this and are yet to be tested and are not going to the ER or otherwise passing away or a much smaller group has it and mitigation should hopefully prove effective.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:27 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
LOL

I think we’ll have several hundred thousand confirmed cases and 10x - 200x that in asymptomatic and mild cases.
Think about this for a second....

With all the mitigation steps taking place right now for us to get into the several hundred thousand number either a shit load of people already have it and we don't know it and they in large part don't either, or mitigation isn't going to prove effective.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:27 PM 03-19-2020
Call me bud. I'll cheer your ass up.
Scho’s excess whores?
[Reply]
Monticore 05:28 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
:-)

I've got 28 rolls and 96 to be delivered Tuesday!
X2 I assume you got 2 ply
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:28 PM 03-19-2020
David's Hamburgers is giving away a free domestic beer, or well drink, for a roll of TP or facial tissue.
barter system in place before a societal Breakdown?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:31 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
LOL

China, a country of a billion people, only has 81,000 confirmed cases and you think we at least triple that with a third of the population? :-)
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:31 PM 03-19-2020

Two Lakers players have tested positive for coronavirus, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. The team may test the remaining players who did not take tests Wednesday morning.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
Kiimo 05:32 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am gonna nitpick here a bit again, since I don't understand numbers but the current estimated population of the state of CA is 39.94 million. 56% of that is 21.8 million. He said 25 million or roughly 56%.

Okay, just had to toss that out there....
That number is from the last census so maybe he's assuming the 2020 census has increased numbers?

My only basis is driving on the 405 so I'll say yes, hmmm that seems to fit with my experience
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:32 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
barter system in place before a societal Breakdown?
I've already traded TP for beer at the drive thru liquor store.

I doubled my money too.

Dumbasses!
[Reply]
Page 486 of 3903
« First < 386436476482483484485486 4874884894904965365869861486 > Last »
Up