ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3238 of 3903
« First < 2238273831383188322832343235323632373238 32393240324132423248328833383738 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I know this is like my 4th or 5th pandemic that wiped out a million people in record time and shut down all the countries. How about you?
:-):-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:24 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Fuck yourself Joe
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 PM 12-03-2020
I know this is like my 4th or 5th pandemic that wiped out a million people in record time and shut down all the countries. How about you?
Poverty wipes out millions globally every year. Where's the outcry?

I mean, it seems to me the difference here is that regular people like here can't "catch" poverty but they absolutely can catch COVID.

It's personal. The altruism is pretty fake. Not saying you specifically but I'd be willing to be there's several right here in this thread.
[Reply]
Pants 10:31 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Fuck yourself Joe
Yeah, once I get that vaccine, I'm not wearing a mask. LOL
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:41 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
false choice. You gave money and your time to help the homeless. What’s a matter with you? You don’t care about kids with cancer?

2,403 died in Pearl Harbor:
"A day that will live in infamy."

2,977 died on September 11th:
"Never forget."

2,885 Americans died yesterday from COVID
Guess I missed whatever day it was in school about that time in history a novel virus was wantonly released unto the world as a deliberate act in order to achieve a goal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:47 PM 12-03-2020
Your really old. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:06 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't see people here filling up threads with literally 1000's of posts about kids with cancer.

So yeah, it is a false choice.

There are DEFINITELY people here in this thread that care way more about COVID than any other human tragedy, as evidenced by their participation.
The tragedy with COVID is that the country could have both had fewer deaths and less economic damage if people had collectively behaved in a manner that reduced the spread and if the powers that be had done things differently.

There is nothing comparable that can be done to prevent kids from getting cancer.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:36 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Your really old. :-)
Because he took proper precautions in all of those pandemics.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:39 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The tragedy with COVID is that the country could have both had fewer deaths and less economic damage if people had collectively behaved in a manner that reduced the spread and if the powers that be had done things differently.
Can you elaborate?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:25 AM 12-04-2020
A friend of my wife is in the hospital for at least 5 days needing blood thinners. Late 30s

Dry heaving, unable to keep anything down, and the blood is clotting.

Apperently, we are starting to see young adults die from covid because of blood clots and they are starting blood thinners as a regular treatment.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:34 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
A friend of my wife is in the hospital for at least 5 days needing blood thinners. Late 30s

Dry heaving, unable to keep anything down, and the blood is clotting.

Apperently, we are starting to see young adults die from covid because of blood clots and they are starting blood thinners as a regular treatment.
Coagulopathies have been an unfortunate issue for many seriously ill COVID patients, and microvascular thrombosis has been indicated as a precipitating factor for respiratory failure among patients that die. All admitted patients should at the very least receive prophylactic doses of low molecular weight heparins (like enoxaparin) if they don't have a contraindication.

Those that demonstrate VTE/PE will need therapeutic doses and will likely be at increased risk of thrombosis for several weeks/months after discharge.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:36 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Guess I missed whatever day it was in school about that time in history a novel virus was wantonly released unto the world as a deliberate act in order to achieve a goal.
All I know is that once I am fully vaccinated I am going to a Chinese buffet and I am going to wantonly release some wontons into my gullet.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:14 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Coagulopathies have been an unfortunate issue for many seriously ill COVID patients, and microvascular thrombosis has been indicated as a precipitating factor for respiratory failure among patients that die. All admitted patients should at the very least receive prophylactic doses of low molecular weight heparins (like enoxaparin) if they don't have a contraindication.

Those that demonstrate VTE/PE will need therapeutic doses and will likely be at increased risk of thrombosis for several weeks/months after discharge.
Thanks for explaining it using the right words I know my wife said but I am unable to remember or spell.

/she does disability determination so is more use than me to using the jargon
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 12-04-2020
All I know is that once I am fully vaccinated I am going to a Chinese buffet and I am going to wantonly release some wontons into my gullet.
:-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:36 AM 12-04-2020

What a horrifying thought that is, to be under 40 and receiving heparin because of this fucked up virus.
[Reply]
Page 3238 of 3903
« First < 2238273831383188322832343235323632373238 32393240324132423248328833383738 > Last »
Up