ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3105 of 3903
« First < 2105260530053055309531013102310331043105 31063107310831093115315532053605 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:46 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
From the article
I think they're mostly worried about the holidays, as they should. We've been wearing masks and indoor dining/bar service was shut down 2 weeks ago. Its people gathering in general.

They won't/can't enforce it. Its more of a plea to the community.

From another article:

Originally Posted by :
Additionally, officials said CDPH Health Orders require any gatherings held inside private residences be limited to six non-household members.

“The City has the authority to fine individuals for breaking this requirement and hosting large social gatherings in their private residences,” officials said in a statement.

[Reply]
loochy 03:47 PM 11-12-2020
My theory

1. More testing
2. More people congregating indoors due to colder weather
3. Less people caring about masks and social distancing

I say 1 and 3.

El Paso is going crazy. Do you think it is cold in El Paso?

There's a spike in here DFW too (nothing like El Paso, but still). We're having the best weather of the year right now....highs in the mid to upper 70s. People are spending lots of time outside.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:52 PM 11-12-2020
Wife works for a hospital/therapy that just had to bring in covid patients which means this is getting bad again.

She is currently implementing new care centers for elderly people and her boss told her today that they will definitely be at the top of the list for vaccination.

News about Moderna releasing their results this month are promising. I think we are gonna have the vaccine ready in January. Wouldn’t be surprised if our Super Bowl media weeks will be clustered down chiefs news bc vaccine readiness will dominate the airwaves.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:53 PM 11-12-2020
My theory

1. More testing
2. More people congregating indoors due to colder weather
3. Less people caring about masks and social distancing
I'm not buying more testing. Not a valid excuse at all for the exponential increase. No data to back up that theory.

Every state in America is seeing the % of positive cases spike. Some are at 25%-45% positive cases tested. Thats evidence that its just not more testing, but covid is spreading exponentially in our communities.

The IMHE model is predicting 300K deaths by the end of the year. #2/3 are more likely the cause and also the % of cases spiking.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:57 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm not buying more testing. Not a valid excuse at all for the exponential increase. No data to back up that theory. But, every state in America is seeing the % of positive cases spike. Some are at 25%-45% positive cases tested. Thats evidence that its just not more testing, but covid is spreading exponentially in our communities.

The IMHE model is predicting 300K deaths by the end of the year. #2/3 are more likely the cause.
We're spiking here and I see masks pretty much everywhere. People here are wearing them and we're spiking anyway. I know elsewhere in the state, it's an issue because the governor just put a mask mandate in place but in my community, we're largely compliant already and still seeing a 20% plus spike.
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 11-12-2020
I think masks give false comfort

Masks and distancing and hand washing
[Reply]
TLO 04:00 PM 11-12-2020
I'm not buying more testing. Not a valid excuse at all for the exponential increase. No data to back up that theory.

Every state in America is seeing the % of positive cases spike. Some are at 25%-45% positive cases tested. Thats evidence that its just not more testing, but covid is spreading exponentially in our communities.

The IMHE model is predicting 300K deaths by the end of the year. #2/3 are more likely the cause.
You can't dismiss the increased testing entirely like that. If we had done this level of testing in February, March, and April - we probably would have been blown away by the number of daily cases.

I stopped paying any attention to what the IHME model said about 4 months ago.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:01 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly nasty fucking thing.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:05 PM 11-12-2020
You can't dismiss the increased testing entirely like that. If we had done this level of testing in February, March, and April - we probably would have been blown away by the number of daily cases.

I stopped paying any attention to what the IHME model said about 4 months ago.
I agree more tests are being done than say a month ago. But, not an exponential increase to give any credence its more testing. I'm not seeing the cause and effect relationship. Its more than one reason.

It's okay, you can have your opinion, I'll have mine. Not saying your wrong. We both hope the experts know the "real" reason for the exponential increase and what to do to stop it.
[Reply]
TLO 04:12 PM 11-12-2020
I agree more tests are being done than say a month ago. But, not an exponential increase to give any credence its more testing. I'm not seeing the cause and effect relationship. Its more than one reason.

It's okay, you can have your opinion, I'll have mine. Not saying your wrong. We both hope the experts know the "real" reason for the exponential increase and what to do to stop it.
My fear is they don't. And I'm concerned it's more complicated than people not taking precautions and gathering more.

But that's just the fearful side of me.

My logical side says to keep doing what I've been doing for the last 8 months and take all the precautions I can. There's nothing else that can really be done. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:13 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We're spiking here and I see masks pretty much everywhere. People here are wearing them and we're spiking anyway. I know elsewhere in the state, it's an issue because the governor just put a mask mandate in place but in my community, we're largely compliant already and still seeing a 20% plus spike.
Yeah, masks are not a pancea. Just a part of an overall strategy. I think O.city is probably right. People wearing masks may have been over confident they wouldn't get it or pass it along. Maybe if everyone had a n95 mask to wear, that might make a difference in the % of positive cases.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:14 PM 11-12-2020
JoCo having an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss shutting down non-essential businesses.
[Reply]
TLO 04:15 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
JoCo having an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss shutting down non-essential businesses.
Fuck. St Joe will be following close behind I'm guessing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:16 PM 11-12-2020
Yeah, masks are not a pancea. Just a part of an overall strategy. I think O.city is probably right. People wearing masks may have been over confident they wouldn't get it or pass it along. Maybe if everyone had a n95 mask to wear, that might make a difference in the % of positive cases.
It has always been and continues to be that masks in public + SD in public + don't gather indoors + hand hygiene will most likely keep you from getting Covid.
[Reply]
loochy 04:21 PM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

i.e. only closing gyms and bars

i.e. doing nothing in reality, only symbolically so they can say they did something
[Reply]
Page 3105 of 3903
« First < 2105260530053055309531013102310331043105 31063107310831093115315532053605 > Last »
Up