ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3086 of 3903
« First < 2086258629863036307630823083308430853086 30873088308930903096313631863586 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 12:42 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

tens of thousands to spare. You need one?

I hope not.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:50 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I agree. But they were going on about safety data and the need to wait a couple weeks yesterday. If they've been able to bypass that then great!

If places have the storage capacity, I say start shipping out the vaccine now. Have it ready to start going in arms as soon as approval is given.
They need to have more safety data and then a thorough review of that safety data and Pfizer doesn't have it yet and I don't think any of the other vaccines do either. People aren't going to take it if they can't trust it.

Also I doubt we are ready for the refrigeration aspect of these mRNA vaccines.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:54 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They need to have more safety data and then a thorough review of that safety data and Pfizer doesn't have it and I don't think any of them do. People aren't going to take it if they can't trust it.

What safety data are we looking for that they don't have? The trial was with ~44k people (maybe ~22k who got the vaccine assuming they split it in half), and they haven't seen any major safety issues yet.

I know they want a full 2 months of data (and I agree that it's needed before they actually start distributing things), but it's not like there's been a pile of safety issues that they just haven't looked at yet.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:55 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They need to have more safety data and then a thorough review of that safety data and Pfizer doesn't have it yet and I don't think any of the other vaccines do either. People aren't going to take it if they can't trust it.

UPS and FEDEX are already retrofitting and adding refrigerated vehicles to their fleets for vaccine distribution. So someone is thinking about this aspect.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:58 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
UPS and FEDEX are already retrofitting and adding refrigerated vehicles to their fleets for vaccine distribution. So someone is thinking about this aspect.
This is one of those situations that I just don't worry about. I can't imagine that Pfizer would have put all this time and money into a vaccine if they thought it would be a huge issue to distribute it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:01 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is one of those situations that I just don't worry about. I can't imagine that Pfizer would have put all this time and money into a vaccine if they thought it would be a huge issue to distribute it.
Won’t dry ice hit the level of cold temps needed?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:06 PM 11-10-2020
Yeah, believe so. I would think you could just about direct ship it to hospitals on dry ice without too much of a problem as long as you can forecast how many are needed in advance. The biggest questions to me are 1) whether there are concerns with dry ice supplies in general and 2) if there will be issues with hospitals requesting more than they can use in the 10-day period and the having doses go bad.

There are challenges for sure, but I just don't see how they would be insurmountable.
[Reply]
TLO 01:06 PM 11-10-2020
Yes it will.
[Reply]
R Clark 01:07 PM 11-10-2020
I would think so but it doesn’t last long if your in and out of container much ,but that might not be an issue. We have a hard time finding it where I live ,that also may not be an issue in the city.
[Reply]
O.city 01:28 PM 11-10-2020
Yeah, believe so. I would think you could just about direct ship it to hospitals on dry ice without too much of a problem as long as you can forecast how many are needed in advance. The biggest questions to me are 1) whether there are concerns with dry ice supplies in general and 2) if there will be issues with hospitals requesting more than they can use in the 10-day period and the having doses go bad.

There are challenges for sure, but I just don't see how they would be insurmountable.
My close friend owns a few pharmacies and they've already been instructed on how they'll be able to get these storage wise. So it's already in the works.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:08 PM 11-10-2020
What safety data are we looking for that they don't have? The trial was with ~44k people (maybe ~22k who got the vaccine assuming they split it in half), and they haven't seen any major safety issues yet.

I know they want a full 2 months of data (and I agree that it's needed before they actually start distributing things), but it's not like there's been a pile of safety issues that they just haven't looked at yet.
Maybe it is me but I think we would need more data than just a month. They also haven't said what age groups they have done but the speculation is they aren't doing children or the elderly yet for example.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 11-10-2020
Let's science the shit out of this fucking virus and stomp it into submission.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:12 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:

If you watch the 60 minutes interview with the general of Warp Speed....yeah it is challenging.

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine will only need to use regular refrigeration and only 1 dose unlike these mRNA vaccines which will require 2 doses 2-4 weeks in between.
[Reply]
TLO 02:20 PM 11-10-2020
The monoclonal antibody announcement kind of came and went without much publicity.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:26 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It sucks and I'm glad I dont' have to make the decisions, but if we have to close bars and restaurants to keep schools open, well.....

Schools and kids are just too important.
You can't keep schools open if you don't have teachers to teach the kids, just like you can't provide adequate care to the people who are sick if you don't have adequate staff.

MU has been on bed holds for weeks now. The peds hospital is cross training pediatric nurses to be able to cover over at the main hospital due to patient surges and staff shortages.

Columbia just went back to all-virtual through mid-January, and as much as it sucks (and it will cost us around $2,000/month), it's the right decision for the educators. I'm just glad that we can afford to shoulder that financial burden.
[Reply]
Page 3086 of 3903
« First < 2086258629863036307630823083308430853086 30873088308930903096313631863586 > Last »
Up