ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3059 of 3903
« First < 2059255929593009304930553056305730583059 30603061306230633069310931593559 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:21 PM 10-30-2020
Do masks help slow spread of COVID-19 in Kansas? One study says ‘Yes,’ by as much as 50%

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...#storylink=cpy

The study found that counties with a mask mandate saw a decrease in their 7-day rolling average of daily cases per 100,000 population starting 14 days after the mandate, according to Ginther. Moreover, cases have remained flat, despite some spikes.

Counties without mask mandates have seen the 7-day rolling average of daily cases per 100,000 steadily increase. And in September, those counties started to have higher case rates compared to counties with a mask mandate, she said.

[Reply]
BWillie 03:19 PM 10-30-2020
Im gonna eat so much gross healthy shit when I get Covid. If I cant taste it...well then broccoli down the hatch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:28 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im gonna eat so much gross healthy shit when I get Covid. If I cant taste it...well then broccoli down the hatch.
:-)
[Reply]
Coach 03:43 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Seems legit.

Might as well throw in spinach while you're at it.
[Reply]
sedated 03:57 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Might as well throw in spinach while you're at it.
IMHO, spinach doesn't taste like anything anyway.

I'd probably pull a Lewdog and just eat chicken breasts all the time.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:34 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
IMHO, spinach doesn't taste like anything anyway.

I'd probably pull a Lewdog and just eat chicken breasts all the time.
Don’t let that sum bitch lie to you, he wasn’t eating chicken breast. That fucker was eating asshole for 3 meals a day and again as a late night snack.
[Reply]
TLO 06:38 PM 10-30-2020
How are you feeling, Pete?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How are you feeling, Pete?
Doing okay, I guess all things considered. My swollen gland is finally starting to go down and that was painful. I started breaking out in hives early this morning which I tend to do when I get really sick so been eating Benadryl all day which has kept me down. Still cannot taste or smell anything. I don't think that's returning any time soon. The hardest part is staying away from my Son. We were going to let him sit outside and watch kids come up and get candy but now we decided otherwise. His Halloween is ruined.

My Wife took him outside to let him get some fresh air and stuff and some girls from down the street came running down when his buddy from across the street came running over screaming "NO! HIS DAD HAS CORONA!!"

It's like thanks, kid...iittle shit. LOL
[Reply]
TinyEvel 07:33 PM 10-30-2020
US will top 100,000 new cases today per Johns Hopkins figures. Already at 101,000
[Reply]
Fish 09:02 PM 10-30-2020
Shitty, but useful data.... :-)

Sewage testing shows a country flush with coronavirus cases

When Rosa Inchausti and her colleagues started testing wastewater in Tempe, Arizona, it was 2018 and they were not looking for coronavirus. They were tracking the opioid epidemic.

But because they were set up to sample the city sector by sector, they were able to switch gears and begin sampling sewage for evidence of coronavirus.
"We were ready for this," Inchausti told CNN.
Now the city is regularly sampling sewers to keep an eye on the pandemic. And things are not looking good in parts of Tempe.
And they're not looking good in Boston, or in Reno, Nevada, or in many other cities across the country.

Biobot Analytics has been analyzing sewage, looking for evidence of coronavirus, for dozens of customers, including Boston.
As daily coronavirus counts top 70,000 as measured by standard testing, sewage testing suggests things are going to get a whole lot worse.

"It's a leading indicator," Inchausti said. "The proof is in the poop."
Across the country, cities and universities are testing sewage to monitor the virus. Studies suggest it's a useful way to augment standard person-by-person coronavirus testing and while a sewage sample cannot point to an infected individual, it can give an indication that infections are circulating in an area, a neighborhood or even in an individual building.
Early on in the pandemic, it became clear that Covid-19 virus makes its way into the digestive system and could be found in human feces. From there, it's just a quick flush into the sewers.

Mariana Matus, co-founder and CEO of Biobot Analytics, which is analyzing sewage for dozens of customers, said sewage testing can show virus is starting to circulate even before people start showing up at hospitals and clinics and before they start lining up for Covid-19 tests.
"People start shedding virus pretty quickly after they are infected and before they start showing symptoms," Matus told CNN.
The results are clear on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority website, which displays Biobot's analysis of data covering 2 million MWRA customers in the Boston area. It shows a spike in viral samples in April and May, falling back through the summer. Now the virus is showing up again, with samples at levels close to what was seen at the height on the pandemic in the spring.
"We are seeing an upturn in the wastewater data which I think broadly matches what we are seeing across the country," Matus said. "It's been interesting seeing this almost second wave."

Continued:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:39 AM 10-31-2020

[Reply]
notorious 06:59 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by :
Sewage testing shows a country flush with coronavirus cases
Great pun. :-)
[Reply]
Hog Rider 08:22 AM 10-31-2020
Driver with coronary issues has a massive heart attack while driving.
Vehicle veers and hits a concrete barrier.
Collision kills him before heart attack.
What 'caused' the drivers death?
[Reply]
loochy 08:25 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
Corona of course
[Reply]
Donger 08:26 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
Newton
[Reply]
Page 3059 of 3903
« First < 2059255929593009304930553056305730583059 30603061306230633069310931593559 > Last »
Up