ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3057 of 3903
« First < 2057255729573007304730533054305530563057 30583059306030613067310731573557 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 10:31 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Other outlets are doing the same. Who gets to arbitrate what sites are "political" and what ones aren't?

This discussion is supposed to be apolitical but a big part of remaining that way is remaining impartial as well.
I care more about validity than source. I don't see any other respectable outlets pushing this misinformation any longer. Some other outlets did the same many months ago, yes. But once it was explained by experts how death certificates and comorbidities worked, the misrepresentation stopped. Misinformation should be labeled as so regardless of source. That said, it takes about 2 grams of common sense to realize how extremely politically biased OAN is.
[Reply]
Otter 10:36 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Because the whole "Covid deaths are actually because of pneumonia" (which was caused by covid) argument is complete horseshit that's been debunked on this thread ad nauseam. That argument has been put forward as a political football, and that's the only reason it's ever brought up. It's nonsense to say that isn't political. OANN is just the icing on the cake.
When you going to put you money where your cock massger is and post those gay reps you claim I sent you?

Or do you need more lackeys from the poker board you fat loser?
[Reply]
phisherman 10:48 AM 10-30-2020
If you're going to qualify links based on a presumed political agenda, the amount of links in this thread is going to shrink to nothing.
I totally agree. Just letting the OP of that link know. This also seemed like a rehash of a similar argument from about a month ago.
[Reply]
Otter 10:50 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
When you going to put you money where your cock massger is and post those gay reps you claim I sent you?

Or do you need more lackeys from the poker board you fat loser?
This is where scuzzball whistles past the graveyard claiming he's an honest and nice guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 10-30-2020
[QUOTE=Fish;15286141]I care more about validity than source. I don't see any other respectable outlets pushing this misinformation any longer. Some other outlets did the same many months ago, yes. But once it was explained by experts how death certificates and comorbidities worked, the misrepresentation stopped. Misinformation should be labeled as so regardless of source. /[quote]

You already addressed it correctly then, didn't you? You refuted the information thoughtfully, point by point. There's nothing more to be said about it, unless you lack so much confidence in your refutation that you'd rather just ban the source outright, correct?

Originally Posted by Fish:
That said, it takes about 2 grams of common sense to realize how extremely politically biased OAN is.
The same could be said of Fox News, Yahoo, Breitbart, ABC News, and many many others. Should we disallow links based on the originator of the information or should we allow misinformation to be posted so that it can be properly corrected?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 10-30-2020
Because the whole "Covid deaths are actually because of pneumonia" (which was caused by covid) argument is complete horseshit that's been debunked on this thread ad nauseam. That argument has been put forward as a political football, and that's the only reason it's ever brought up. It's nonsense to say that isn't political. OANN is just the icing on the cake.
Silencing dissension is inherently political. Real science welcomes skepticism and when warranted, crushes it.
[Reply]
Fish 11:32 AM 10-30-2020
You already addressed it correctly then, didn't you? You refuted the information thoughtfully, point by point. There's nothing more to be said about it, unless you lack so much confidence in your refutation that you'd rather just ban the source outright, correct?

The same could be said of Fox News, Yahoo, Breitbart, ABC News, and many many others. Should we disallow links based on the originator of the information or should we allow misinformation to be posted so that it can be properly corrected?
I never said anything about banning the source. My point was made in my first post, my second post was responding to you quoting my post. You were asking me who gets to be arbitrator of sources. I again replied that I didn't care about the source.

I'm not calling for disallowing anything and I don't think we should. Not sure how that wasn't clear the last couple posts.
[Reply]
O.city 11:35 AM 10-30-2020
The whole with or from thing is just cover. It’s a nuanced situation and discussion medically and frankly without medical backgrounds it’s tough.

The human body is a super intricate machine.

I spent 8 years in school in the medical field and a lot of it is over my head. I know covid doesn’t effect teeth atleast to my knowledge.

Is there some bad actors in play? Absolutely. Have we missed some deaths? Absolutely.

Honestly, we’d be better off if we’d quit fighting about it and forget being wrong or right and just say “how can I help brother? What do you need?” And just deal with each other compassionately
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:37 AM 10-30-2020
Silencing dissension is inherently political. Real science welcomes skepticism and when warranted, crushes it.
The whole "person with diabetes who died from covid actually died from diabetes" argument has been crushed. In this thread. Many many times. It's clearly nonsense on its face. Skepticism requires making an actual argument.

Certain posters just keep re-asserting the same talking points every few days - w/o making any new argument or attempt at a rebuttal of the stuff Fish and others have painstakingly explained over and over and over.

Death certificates usually list multiple causes. That's how they work. If you're in the hospital with covid, and pneumonia shows up on your death certificate along with covid, that does not mean that you're being unfairly counted in with covid deaths. It means pneumonia was your major complication from covid. To claim otherwise is ludicrous on its face and clearly just propaganda.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 10-30-2020
The whole "person with diabetes who died from covid actually died from diabetes" argument has been crushed. In this thread. Many many times. It's clearly nonsense on its face. They just keep re-asserting the same talking points every few days w/o making any new argument or attempt at a rebuttal.
Then crush it again. It should be easy if it has been done before.

Or make it political and ask for them to be banned.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:41 AM 10-30-2020
I did crush it again. And so did Fish.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I never said anything about banning the source. My point was made in my first post, my second post was responding to you quoting my post. You were asking me who gets to be arbitrator of sources. I again replied that I didn't care about the source.

I'm not calling for disallowing anything and I don't think we should. Not sure how that wasn't clear the last couple posts.
You responded to me directly, and quoted me quoting phisherman, who explicitly said the post was political based solely on the source site.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 10-30-2020
I did crush it again. And so did Fish.
Then there's no issue anymore, right?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:44 AM 10-30-2020
And when the exact same nonsense comes up tomorrow, and the next day and the next day? How is that not bad faith trolling at that point?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 10-30-2020
And when the exact same nonsense comes up tomorrow, and the next day and the next day? How is that not bad faith trolling at that point?
Report it. That's the proper protocol.
[Reply]
Page 3057 of 3903
« First < 2057255729573007304730533054305530563057 30583059306030613067310731573557 > Last »
Up