ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3056 of 3903
« First < 2056255629563006304630523053305430553056 30573058305930603066310631563556 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 04:04 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Pete, do you mind if I ask how are you isolating from your son? I mean, I assume you both live in the same household. Or is it like a divorce situation?
I am pretty much living in my bedroom with the door closed. If I have to come out I wear a mask. I stay away from him when I do come out.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:07 PM 10-29-2020
Huh? Only 6 days? I thought the quarantine time was 14 days. Or am I way behind? Admittedly, I haven't been following very closely the past few months.

Edit: NM, I just needed to keep reading subsequent posts.
Okay so this is how it works. They deem you contagious for 10 days from the day your symptoms onset. My symptoms onset last Friday but I didn't get test results until Wednesday.

For my Son though there is a chance he can get infected within that 10 days so they say he needs to wait 14 days more after my day 10 to see if he has it.
[Reply]
Redbled 05:02 PM 10-29-2020
Pete, do you mind if I ask how are you isolating from your son? I mean, I assume you both live in the same household. Or is it like a divorce situation?

Health dept told us you should see no one for the 10 days. Separate bedroom and bathroom. Walking around the house will not count if that’s told to most schools and health depts.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:57 AM 10-30-2020

First spotted by @dansinker, this is just a remarkable correlation.

Google searches for "loss of taste" and "loss of smell" versus population-adjusted new coronavirus cases. https://t.co/I38fXZsyb8 pic.twitter.com/e9tptqt8bn

— Philip Bump (@pbump) October 30, 2020

Maybe something
[Reply]
eDave 01:32 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Maybe something
I've been staring at these, analyzing as best I can, and read the replies and I just don't know what this is saying.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:46 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've been staring at these, analyzing as best I can, and read the replies and I just don't know what this is saying.
Searches for "loss of taste and smell" in a region seem to line up pretty well with covid cases in the same region. Except Florida has that one weird bump.
[Reply]
eDave 01:50 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Searches for "loss of taste and smell" in a region seem to line up pretty well with covid cases in the same region. Except Florida has that one weird bump.
Oh! :-)

I just assumed that was assumed so what is this trying to tell me that I don't know? That explains my stupidness. Thanks, my dood.
[Reply]
Otter 10-30-2020, 05:38 AM
This message has been deleted by Otter. Reason: for respect of CP
WhawhaWhat 06:49 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Spoiler!
Wrong forum champ.
[Reply]
Otter 08:40 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Wrong forum champ.
I didn't see anything political in there but I'll delete if considered so.

Just trying to play contrarian.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:12 AM 10-30-2020
It's OAN. Hard to say it's unpolitical.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It's OAN. Hard to say it's unpolitical.
If you're going to qualify links based on a presumed political agenda, the amount of links in this thread is going to shrink to nothing.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:04 AM 10-30-2020
One coworker tested positive for the Rona a few months back and no symptoms. He had to take three weeks off. Another coworker I work more closely with tested positive a few weeks back. She said she felt like she had the flu and lost taste for a few days. Otherwise everything was normal. Her significant other never had a test and never had any symptoms even though they live together. She took two weeks off.

Lots of different information out there. Everyone hoping their immune system is just like Stephen Lyon Crohn's
[Reply]
Fish 10:10 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you're going to qualify links based on a presumed political agenda, the amount of links in this thread is going to shrink to nothing.
The numbers they are using are well known to be misrepresented for political purposes though. They're using confusion over comorbidities to try and say people didn't die of covid. But that's not how death certificates work. No differently than how death certificates from cancer will also list comorbidities like pneumonia, etc. If a cancer patient fights cancer for 5 years, ends up getting pneumonia because of a weakened immune system, and dies, it will list cancer and pneumonia as causes of death. Nobody would ever say that person didn't die of cancer because pneumonia is also listed on the death cert and not just cancer. It's completely disingenuous and done for only one purpose.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
The numbers they are using are well known to be misrepresented for political purposes though. They're using confusion over comorbidities to try and say people didn't die of covid. But that's not how death certificates work. No differently than how death certificates from cancer will also list comorbidities like pneumonia, etc. If a cancer patient fights cancer for 5 years, ends up getting pneumonia because of a weakened immune system, and dies, it will list cancer and pneumonia as causes of death. Nobody would ever say that person didn't die of cancer because pneumonia is also listed on the death cert and not just cancer. It's completely disingenuous and done for only one purpose.
Other outlets are doing the same. Who gets to arbitrate what sites are "political" and what ones aren't?

This discussion is supposed to be apolitical but a big part of remaining that way is remaining impartial as well.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:30 AM 10-30-2020
Because the whole "Covid deaths are actually because of pneumonia" (which was caused by covid) argument is complete horseshit that's been debunked on this thread ad nauseam. That argument has been put forward as a political football, and that's the only reason it's ever brought up. It's nonsense to say that isn't political. OANN is just the icing on the cake.
[Reply]
Page 3056 of 3903
« First < 2056255629563006304630523053305430553056 30573058305930603066310631563556 > Last »
Up