ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3005 of 3903
« First < 2005250529052955299530013002300330043005 30063007300830093015305531053505 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 08:13 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
you were bragging the other day about how well the NFL was doing and why people can't be more like them, weren't you?

Did you miss the news that a game is being canceled because players on the Titans got Covid?
I still think the NFL has done a great job so far and they still haven't said how any of them got infected but the speculation is it might be one of the bus drivers.

Just don't be like some of the Raiders and go to an indoor fundraising event and not wear masks.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Exactly. Or how shutting down an entire nation for a miniscule percent of the population would have disastrous coinciding consequences. But hey you could still cram into a Walmart and eat your taco bell. Meanwhile small business eroded and depression and anxiety over losing jobs erupted
Yeah I never understood the difference of being able to go to Wal-Mart but not another small business. It made little sense if any.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:41 AM 10-02-2020
Yeah I never understood the difference of being able to go to Wal-Mart but not another small business. It made little sense if any.
Or how no "super spreader" events have been linked to any stores that have been open the entire damn time. Corrupt bullshit. If this shit was super dangerous, you'd see entire stores and their families wiped out with essential workers who have been around thousands of people a day for 6 months.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 10-02-2020
It's close contact for prolonged amounts of time. Most essential workers aren't in close contact with the public for long periods of time.

Super spreader events have been shown to happen all around in situations like meat processing factories where people are in tight unventilated spaces for prolonged time.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
They'll be fine, I'm sure.
He's 75 and obese. Not the best combo.

Hopefully they just have it mild and recover quickly.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:03 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's close contact for prolonged amounts of time. Most essential workers aren't in close contact with the public for long periods of time.

Super spreader events have been shown to happen all around in situations like meat processing factories where people are in tight unventilated spaces for prolonged time.
This bug is weird, had one of the mangers here at work have a kid in the household who was symptomatic test positive. A HS senior who has an identical twin brother and as usual they are very close and do everything together.

Nobody else in the household has tested positive or had symptoms including the twin brother. Multiple tests have been done on family members. The mom is a nurse. This is following the full quarantine etc...kids are back in school and he is back to work. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This bug is weird, had one of the mangers here at work have a kid in the household who was symptomatic test positive. A HS senior who has an identical twin brother and as usual they are very close and do everything together.

Nobody else in the household has tested positive or had symptoms including the twin brother. Multiple tests have been done on family members. The mom is a nurse. This is following the full quarantine etc...kids are back in school and he is back to work. :-)
Yeah, they're finding now the majority of people don't spread infection. It's super spreaders doing alot of it. Dunno if it's viral load or whats causing it.

Influenza is similar in this regard though, so this bug isn't crazy in that way.

My great grandma has it, they're thinking she had a stroke this morning, not doing well. Fucking terrible year for me man.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:13 AM 10-02-2020
Sorry to hear that O
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:14 AM 10-02-2020
So far 3 deaths, 3 currently hospitalized and 2 released from hospital recovering.

15 have tested positive
Damn O.city, that's terrible. My sincerest condolences for your lost loved ones, hoping a speedy recovery to everyone else afflicted
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 10-02-2020

That still doesn't address the point of why small retail business were shut down but large retail businesses weren't.

Shops like local butchers and florists were already endangered here. Now they're gone.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:17 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That still doesn't address the point of why small retail business were shut down but large retail businesses weren't.

Shops like local butchers and florists were already endangered here. Now they're gone.
This...absolutely fucking this. It's corrupt bullshit is what it is. Shutting the entire country down EXCEPT for large corporations is not something that I can stand for. It's total BULLSHIT.
[Reply]
sedated 09:19 AM 10-02-2020
Wal-Mart sells things like prescription drugs and food, necessities for every day life. You can't see a difference between that and going to a bar, concert, or movie theater?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 10-02-2020
My great grandma has it, they're thinking she had a stroke this morning, not doing well. Fucking terrible year for me man.
Are you kidding me? Dude, take care.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:20 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

It is weird and we don't have a clue right now why. So if we all just take a common sense approach and SD and wear masks we will be mostly ok.

For example, our popular Mexican restaurant just had an outbreak and they just reopened back up after a week and now only doing takeout. We have had alot of cases and I imagine some of it is from them because they never had tables socially distanced and people were packed in there. I haven't ate inside a restaurant since this whole thing started but that place is packed especially on weekends.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Wal-Mart sells things like prescription drugs and food, necessities for every day life. You can't see a difference between that and going to a bar, concert, or movie theater?
Our local pharmacy was shut down for 3 weeks. Local grocers were shut down or limited in customers for several weeks.

It isn't just fucking bars or movie theaters.
[Reply]
Page 3005 of 3903
« First < 2005250529052955299530013002300330043005 30063007300830093015305531053505 > Last »
Up