ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2983 of 3903
« First < 1983248328832933297329792980298129822983 29842985298629872993303330833483 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 09-23-2020
Mom just called and told me one of my great uncles is being airlifted to Como with this stuff. He's stable and improving but having oxygen problems.

God damn 2020
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mom just called and told me one of my great uncles is being airlifted to Como with this stuff. He's stable and improving but having oxygen problems.

God damn 2020
I am so sorry O.City. If you don't mind me asking how did they all get infected?
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am so sorry O.City. If you don't mind me asking how did they all get infected?
Wife's family they're thinking one of the sisteers and brothers went to a funeral down there of a guy who had it so probably got it from there. Then they had a family dinner with just the brothers and sisters and I guess it went from there.

My side, no clue. Community spread I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 09-23-2020
Apparently my uncle is improving quicky, so thats good news. Wife's family is having a really hard time.

This year sucks.
[Reply]
tooge 02:09 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Some people like to have their ignorance and/or lies exposed, it seems.
Donger, you are correct. Fauci never said masks were useless. But, he did say this:

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

And we all know that at the time, Fauci was THE person that the media was listening to and reporting about regarding the right advice. So, if you listened to Fauci back in March, you would think that you shouldn't be wearing a mask if you weren't sick. Plain and simple.
[Reply]
Donger 02:13 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
Donger, you are correct. Fauci never said masks were useless. But, he did say this:

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

And we all know that at the time, Fauci was THE person that the media was listening to and reporting about regarding the right advice. So, if you listened to Fauci back in March, you would think that you shouldn't be wearing a mask if you weren't sick. Plain and simple.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=44700
[Reply]
sedated 02:52 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
And we all know that at the time...
When I was 6 I wanted to be a ninja. Things change.
[Reply]
phisherman 03:14 PM 09-23-2020
Looks like Missouri governor Mike Parson tested positive for Covid today.
[Reply]
loochy 03:30 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
TLO 03:39 PM 09-23-2020
He's asymptomatic and his wife is mildly symptomatic.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:13 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wife's family they're thinking one of the sisteers and brothers went to a funeral down there of a guy who had it so probably got it from there. Then they had a family dinner with just the brothers and sisters and I guess it went from there.

My side, no clue. Community spread I guess.
Thanks and I hope they get better. This virus is really rough on older people that is for sure.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:18 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
He's asymptomatic and his wife is mildly symptomatic.
It seems like if you catch covid from someone outside the house, and especially if masks are involved, the infection is often pretty mild due to generally low initial viral load. I've read things speculating this is likely.

It's when you get the full blast dose from a family member for many hours or even days that you're in trouble.

I imagine Parsons gets checked daily. So maybe that's enough to keep from blasting his wife with it. We'll see how she does.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:18 PM 09-23-2020
Covid 19 just made Covid 19...

political.

Does this virus not know the rules of the thread?!
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:23 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It seems like if you catch covid from someone outside the house, and especially if masks are involved, the infection is often pretty mild due to generally low initial viral load. I've read things speculating this is likely.

It's when you get the full blast dose from a family member for many hours or even days that you're in trouble.

I imagine Parsons gets checked daily. So maybe that's enough to keep from blasting his wife with it. We'll see how she does.
Was reading an article and he was with a group of people that included the state treasurer. State Treasurer was able to get a rapid test and was negative.

I know I had read something about us trying to get a rapid test available, but I wasn't aware that we actually have one we are using. How do I get one?
[Reply]
TLO 05:00 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Was reading an article and he was with a group of people that included the state treasurer. State Treasurer was able to get a rapid test and was negative.

I know I had read something about us trying to get a rapid test available, but I wasn't aware that we actually have one we are using. How do I get one?
Rapid testing fairly widely available, from my understanding. I've been rapid tested a number of times due to the nature of my work.
[Reply]
Page 2983 of 3903
« First < 1983248328832933297329792980298129822983 29842985298629872993303330833483 > Last »
Up