ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1973 of 3903
« First < 973147318731923196319691970197119721973 197419751976197719832023207324732973 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 09:06 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Hope you stay well.
Thanks.

I drank a lot of bourbon on Saturday and I'd say that's definitely better than gargling like Pete's suggesting.

I'm likely cured.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Thanks.

I drank a lot of bourbon on Saturday and I'd say that's definitely better than gargling like Pete's suggesting.

I'm likely cured.
Heh I said gargle vinegar. You start gargling whiskey and we will have a problem. Swallow that shit like a man.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:48 PM 05-10-2020
Not sure if this chart has been posted, but this is a good chart for breaking down the deaths by age range.
https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku

Some interesting statistics in there if you do the math. Obviously it isn’t up to the minute but we can probably assume the percentages will stay about the same. Seems like it’s definitely not as fatal in the younger crowds as the headlines try to make it seem.

It lists 44,016 total Coronavirus deaths. I did the percentage breakdown.

0-24 years old: .13% (This age group is twice as likely to die from influenza according to the chart)
25-34 years old: .72%
35-44 years old: 1.81%
45-54 years old: 5.14%
55-64 years old: 12.31%
65-74 years old: 21.26%
75-84 years old: 27.32%
85+ years old: 31.30%
[Reply]
Stryker 09:50 PM 05-10-2020
For those that work from home, be grateful. You guys do not see the infected first hand - trust me, it is NOT pretty. We have officially cured and released 350 +individuals infected. :-):-):-)

This will get worse before it gets better - fact. If all NFL teams have to be on the same page before training can begin, then you can forget it. Jets, Giants, Redskins and Lions will hold this season back.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:02 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
For those that work from home, be grateful. You guys do not see the infected first hand - trust me, it is NOT pretty. We have officially cured and released 350 +individuals infected. :-):-):-)

This will get worse before it gets better - fact. If all NFL teams have to be on the same page before training can begin, then you can forget it. Jets, Giants, Redskins and Lions will hold this season back.
As well as Seattle, New Orleans and San Francisco. It is going to effect the season - believe it.
[Reply]
jaa1025 12:31 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:

I'm sure many of us have seen the infected and just don't know it because most infected develop no symptoms or minor symptoms that mirror a cold. A fraction of the infected end up in the hospital with the "not pretty" symptoms. I'm sure that the patients that end up hospitalized from the flu or pneumonia have similar "not pretty" experiences as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:58 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
I'm sure many of us have seen the infected and just don't know it because most infected develop no symptoms or minor symptoms that mirror a cold. A fraction of the infected end up in the hospital with the "not pretty" symptoms. I'm sure that the patients that end up hospitalized from the flu or pneumonia have similar "not pretty" experiences as well.
I love how you guys try and minimizing the jobs of people dealing these patients like the you know anything about it. Maybe these jobs should take some time off as we try and open up.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:51 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Got a link to those numbers?
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:26 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I love how you guys try and minimizing the jobs of people dealing these patients like the you know anything about it. Maybe these jobs should take some time off as we try and open up.
Serious question, if the hospitals are mainly empty and running at 50% or less capacity from everyone you talk to who work in them, how is this so much harder on the doctors and nurses than normal?

I know a ton of people who work in medicine, they are all "underwhelmed" at this point. Maybe in NYC or specific areas its a bit much but in 95% of the country its not.

Now once electives and minor procedures open back up they are going be slammed I am sure.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:33 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yes today is Sunday but 720 deaths is the lowest number seen in well over a month. Either all the counters took the day off for Mother's day or even for a Sunday we are very low.

People need to keep in mind as the media starts freaking out on the Tuesday-Frida numbers, Sat and Sun aren't as good as they look but Monday and even possibly Tuesday aren't as bad as they look.
thats why ive been telling you for weeks to average those days out...
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:36 AM 05-11-2020
i cant believe all the guys waiting on the MLB test arent talking about it now that it has came out.

oh wait, yes i can... it doesnt support their 40% infected numbers.

5600+ from across the nation, 28 teams IIRC and the antibody rate is .7%.

thats not very encouraging
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:43 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Sadly with hospitals empty thise people are being forced to take time off.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:49 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Serious question, if the hospitals are mainly empty and running at 50% or less capacity from everyone you talk to who work in them, how is this so much harder on the doctors and nurses than normal?

I know a ton of people who work in medicine, they are all "underwhelmed" at this point. Maybe in NYC or specific areas its a bit much but in 95% of the country its not.

Now once electives and minor procedures open back up they are going be slammed I am sure.
The departments that deal with acute respiratory illness are near, full or above capacity which is a small portion of the hospital because we don't normally need them at this rate, and having to deal with every patient as suspicious for COVID is time consuming, mentally and physically exhausting .

So yes most of the Hospital is quiet but the people dealing with these patients are dealing with a lot and putting themselves and family at risk .

Not every hospital/region is the same but just because it isn't affecting everyone doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:51 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm at a hospital right now and it's dead. Normally super packed. Eerie seeing things like this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 06:51 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:

We may as well shut them all down them since we don't look they are needed.
[Reply]
Page 1973 of 3903
« First < 973147318731923196319691970197119721973 197419751976197719832023207324732973 > Last »
Up