ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3139 of 3903
« First < 2139263930393089312931353136313731383139 31403141314231433149318932393639 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 08:33 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What?

Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Heard the vaccine is only going to be effective for a short window (3 months) so welcome to quarterly Rona shots

[Reply]
TLO 08:34 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
What do you mean get it twice? PCR test +?
Yes. There was someone who had 2 positive tests a couple months apart if I remember correctly.

Asymptomatic the first time. Mild symptoms the second.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:37 AM 11-18-2020
Yes. There was someone who had 2 positive tests a couple months apart if I remember correctly.

Asymptomatic the first time. Mild symptoms the second.
I can't speak to that person but we do know that people are infectious for 5 days or so and can test positive months afterwards as the PCR tests can pick up fragments of virus.

The PCR tests are run at so many cycles that up to 90% of the positives are not actually infectious according to the NY Times.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:38 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do you think the music scene will eventually recover?

We've lost a few well-known venues over the last few weeks. Things are looking bleak for people that do this for a living. My gig is only part-time so it's more just frustrating to me not being able to play but I've got a buddy that is doing construction work and things aren't looking good.
I feel it will come back in time but the venue landscape may look a lot different. The speculation here (Chicago) is that 90% of existing music venues will be forced to close without the Heroes Act passing.

And who knows, maybe all of this will help spawn something new and exciting that will thrive. That's my hope anyway.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well then...

So, since there is no safe live music and I cannot earn in either performing or in production, I've been working on a buddy's crew rehabbing and painting houses.

Today we started on a lady's house in Leawood. We wear masks when in contact with the client but not around each other as my buddy rents a room in my house and we're around each other all the time. This client did not wear a mask around us at all, all day long, and was frequently in close quarters with us.

Tonight we got an email from her. Apparently, she'd been not feeling well for the last week or so and so she had gotten a Covid test. It came back today, after we left.

Positive.

How considerate of her. I guess we're just the help, so who cares, right?

**** ME.
Thats BS. We are 9 months in this shitshow. You get flu like symptoms, stay the fuck away from your workers or strangers. Maybe its only seasonal flu, maybe not. Everyone should treat it as Covid until the negative tests come back.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:46 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats BS. We are 9 months in this shitshow. You get flu like symptoms, stay the **** away from your workers or strangers. Maybe its only seasonal flu, maybe not. Everyone should treat it as Covid until the negative tests come back.
It's unfortunate that the focus wasn't "If you're sick, stay home."

CDC telling people they could break quarantine to vote was :-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:01 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's unfortunate that the focus wasn't "If you're sick, stay home."

CDC telling people they could break quarantine to vote was :-)

She WAS home. It was in her home.

She was just being really inconsiderate by not telling the painters.
[Reply]
Pants 09:26 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Talked to Mom yesterday and she’s on lockdown because she rode In the car with my sister who then came down with the Rona. She doesn’t have any symptoms, so fingers crossed. She’s 82.
Hopefully your mom did not get and if she did, I hope it's a very mild case. Thoughts and prayers. Both my parents had it (although they are much younger), so I kind of know the feeling.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 09:42 AM 11-18-2020
Heard the vaccine is only going to be effective for a short window (3 months) so welcome to quarterly Rona shots
Sorry but false
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 11-18-2020
Getting it twice is extremely rare

Enough that I wouldn’t worry about it
[Reply]
TLO 09:48 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Getting it twice is extremely rare

Enough that I wouldn’t worry about it
The number of people being infected twice is so minuscule that it's basically a rounding error. There are so few documented cases from around the world that it's not worth worrying about at all.
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 AM 11-18-2020
The number of people being infected twice is so minuscule that it's basically a rounding error. There are so few documented cases from around the world that it's not worth worrying about at all.
This
[Reply]
petegz28 09:51 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
the internet
Originally Posted by loochy:
websites
And from what I understand it isn't that you got infected twice but that you had a "persistent infection". So you never really got rid of it to begin with. But who knows? Lewdog had it twice but he is a weird fucker as it is.
[Reply]
TLO 09:51 AM 11-18-2020
I've looked all over and found nothing that says anything about this.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 11-18-2020
I've looked all over and found nothing that says anything about this.
I've heard you have to get two does of the vaccine and I think they are about 3 months apart so maybe that's what he is referring too??? :-)
[Reply]
Page 3139 of 3903
« First < 2139263930393089312931353136313731383139 31403141314231433149318932393639 > Last »
Up