ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Patriotic patrol-car lettering triggers libs in California city
Bwana 07:40 AM 04-14-2019
Scary Patriotic Police car lettering. Just one more thing for the libs to be upset about. :-)

Southern California police department is drawing both praise and ire for the new star-spangled logo on the sides of its patrol vehicles, according to reports.

The Laguna Beach Police Department in Orange County recently added American-flag-style lettering for the word "police" on the sides of the vehicles, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

But local artist Carrie Woodburn told the Times the design was too “aggressive,” saying she felt it didn’t represent the community. Laguna Beach is a city of about 23,000 residents, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents," designer Chris Prelitz observed. "So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Councilman Peter Blake was surprised by the backlash. He told the newspaper some people were concerned the design might worry the area's immigrants.

People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were “exceptional” and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

The department did acknowledge the design didn’t come out exactly as planned and the city council said it would take up the issue again at their monthly meeting Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-...parks-backlash

[Reply]
listopencil 11:21 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
It won't play in my trucks CD player, I know that much... I've tried :-)
Use something like this: http://www.anyburn.com/tutorials/burn-audio-cd.htm
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:30 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Well, what the hell.....

This is exactly why the millenials loving Bernie and AOC scare the hell out of me.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:45 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Scary Patriotic Police car lettering. Just one more thing for the libs to be upset about. :-)

Southern California police department is drawing both praise and ire for the new star-spangled logo on the sides of its patrol vehicles, according to reports.

The Laguna Beach Police Department in Orange County recently added American-flag-style lettering for the word "police" on the sides of the vehicles, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

But local artist Carrie Woodburn told the Times the design was too “aggressive,” saying she felt it didn’t represent the community. Laguna Beach is a city of about 23,000 residents, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents," designer Chris Prelitz observed. "So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Councilman Peter Blake was surprised by the backlash. He told the newspaper some people were concerned the design might worry the area's immigrants.

People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were “exceptional” and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

The department did acknowledge the design didn’t come out exactly as planned and the city council said it would take up the issue again at their monthly meeting Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-...parks-backlash

Laguna Beach used to be an artist colony. Used to be a gay city. It's filled with art studios and fancy restaurants. It's populated by rich white people.

I gonna go out on a limb here, and postulate that it wasn't the flag that people objected to, but rather the entire look. Compare the new look to the older vehicle in the background.

They want a neighborhood cop, officer friendly look. They don't want their police cars looking like LAPD.

There was a similar backlash in Davis, California, where I went to school, when they changed their police cars from white with an old fashioned bicycle on the side to the modern police look.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:45 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
This is exactly why the millenials loving Bernie and AOC scare the hell out of me.
LOL, only braindead baby boomers would look at that video of blatant propaganda and think it's in any way convincing.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:57 AM 04-15-2019
More like Lagrima Beach, amirite?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:58 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
LOL, only braindead baby boomers would look at that video of blatant propaganda and think it's in any way convincing.

Oh little fella - “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”

― St. Thomas Aquinas

You see sonny, you are a lost cause, there is no point even trying to help you. Good luck with your life, however.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:11 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Laguna Beach used to be an artist colony. Used to be a gay city. It's filled with art studios and fancy restaurants. It's populated by rich white people.

I gonna go out on a limb here, and postulate that it wasn't the flag that people objected to, but rather the entire look. Compare the new look to the older vehicle in the background.

They want a neighborhood cop, officer friendly look. They don't want their police cars looking like LAPD.

There was a similar backlash in Davis, California, where I went to school, when they changed their police cars from white with an old fashioned bicycle on the side to the modern police look.
Well you did a fine job, you took a fellow commie liberal with you..

[Reply]
DanT 03:39 PM 04-15-2019
Sounds like Davis! I have been living there since 2001. Never knew the police cars used to look like that, but it makes sense, as the highwheel bicycle is on our city logo and we have such a bike-friendly culture. Here's a webpage about the logo and, sure enough, it shows a police car like you described, from 1984.
https://cityofdavis.org/about-davis/...hwheel-bicycle
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:13 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Sounds like Davis! I have been living there since 2001. Never knew the police cars used to look like that, but it makes sense, as the highwheel bicycle is on our city logo and we have such a bike-friendly culture. Here's a webpage about the logo and, sure enough, it shows a police car like you described, from 1984.
https://cityofdavis.org/about-davis/...hwheel-bicycle
Ah, yes. You see the cop's uniform, with the light blue shirt? They went to full navy blue at the same time they changed the police cars.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:28 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
It won't play in my trucks CD player, I know that much... I've tried :-)
How old is your truck? Years ago i had a vehicle, don't recall which one it was, that would throw an error code if i put in a CD that I burned myself. Someone told me to try ejecting it and immediately put it back in....and sure enough it worked. Don't know why, but you could try that. :-)
[Reply]
Detoxing 05:33 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
How old is your truck? Years ago i had a vehicle, don't recall which one it was, that would throw an error code if i put in a CD that I burned myself. Someone told me to try ejecting it and immediately put it back in....and sure enough it worked. Don't know why, but you could try that. :-)
You could also try switching the type of disc you're writing on. IIRC, some old CD players won't play CD-RW so you have to use CD-R.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:50 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You could also try switching the type of disc you're writing on. IIRC, some old CD players won't play CD-RW so you have to use CD-R.
I seem to recall using CD-Rs at the time. But this was 4-5 vehicles ago, must have been my 1998 Dodge Caravan, I'm pretty sure that was the first one i had with a factory CD player. Every vehicle I've had since then will play whatever i shove in there with no issues.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 01:05 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
My truck is an '04 but it has an aftermarket player. So that ain't the problem I don't think. I was told that it was because this CD was formatted in MP3 format. But I admit to being completely retarded on this topic. I didn't try ejecting and trying again. I just assumed the worst I guess. The wife has an 04 also, but hers is a factory player. Maybe I should try that tomorrow? Guess it wouldn't hurt? :-)

Of course,even if it did work in hers, it still wouldn't get me listening to Paul Harvey in my truck headed to work :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 03:12 AM 04-16-2019

I take it you overlooked this quote:

“People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:13 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I take it you overlooked this quote:

“People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.
Counselman who is behind the new look characterizes comments of people who don't like the new look. Not a single quote from a complainer that would verify that characterization.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up