ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Patriotic patrol-car lettering triggers libs in California city
Bwana 07:40 AM 04-14-2019
Scary Patriotic Police car lettering. Just one more thing for the libs to be upset about. :-)

Southern California police department is drawing both praise and ire for the new star-spangled logo on the sides of its patrol vehicles, according to reports.

The Laguna Beach Police Department in Orange County recently added American-flag-style lettering for the word "police" on the sides of the vehicles, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

But local artist Carrie Woodburn told the Times the design was too “aggressive,” saying she felt it didn’t represent the community. Laguna Beach is a city of about 23,000 residents, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents," designer Chris Prelitz observed. "So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Councilman Peter Blake was surprised by the backlash. He told the newspaper some people were concerned the design might worry the area's immigrants.

People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were “exceptional” and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

The department did acknowledge the design didn’t come out exactly as planned and the city council said it would take up the issue again at their monthly meeting Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-...parks-backlash

[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:47 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
A couple liberals nobody has heard of are mad about something. Can you say T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D?
Liberal nobodies that have the city council reviewing it at their next meeting.

FYI, people are on to your bullshit.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:54 PM 04-14-2019
LOL, LWNJs just can't help themselves..
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:59 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
That is scary accurate.

It is. Unfortunately, it's too late now - to do anything about it. The die is cast.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:36 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I was talking to a friend the other day - and we were remembering a radio host by the name of Paul Harvey - who was an unabashed absolute American.

It's funny, looking back at Harvey - he predicted that crap like this would come and would happen with increased frequency.

In short? This country is nearly done....and we've done it to ourselves.
I have a CD of Paul Harvey News and commentary sitting here next to my computer as we speak! It's in MP3 format. I wish it was in whatever format you call it for it to play in a CD player. I would love to be able to listen to it on my way to work :-)
[Reply]
DanT 08:45 PM 04-14-2019
The Laguna Beach City Council meetings are well documented at their website. One can view the Agenda, Minutes and Video of the March 19 meeting and watch what was said about the Police Logo. There's commentary from the public at 14:55 to 19:10 and then some of the council members talked a little about this issue at 21:40 to about 25:00. They might have talked some more about it later in the meeting, but I didn't listen that long.
http://www.lagunabeachcity.net/cityh...yclerk/mam.htm

Apparently, from my own poking around on the web, the City Council had approved in February going back to black-and-white vehicles and also having a "bolder logo", but the picture being circulated to the public back then of the logo showed a similar image, but with much more muted colors. Here, look at the picture from the Laguna Police Police that was shown in this February 19 article in the mass-circulation newspaper, the Orange County Register. https://www.ocregister.com/2019/02/2...d-white-rides/
Note that the logo is very muted. Apparently, at least one member on the council thought that the logo was of clouds.

Anyway, the police ended up having logos that were much bolder in color, which in fact happened after that same police department showed a muted logo to the Council when it got approval. So a couple of members of the public commented on this and expressed the opinion that the bolder colors were not something that had gotten "noticed" by the Council and that it was not proper to end up with a version of the logo that hadn't been approved by the Council (and, by extension, the public). According to one other council member, she was contacted by some more citizens who were concerned that the logos were bolder than they had thought they were going to be getting.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:48 PM 04-14-2019
Absolutely beyond-stupid-and-ridiculous....unbelievable that it's even ANY sort of 'issue'... :-)
[Reply]
DanT 08:54 PM 04-14-2019
Strictly speaking, it is not just that the colors are more muted in the February picture, it's that all of the letters have some blue in the color and there's not much red, it seems to me. The logos that the police ended up procuring use no blue on I-C-E and use no red on P-O, with only L having both Blue and Red and barely any Red, at that. It's curious that I-C-E gets colored the way it does, given that ICE is the acronym for the Federal Government's Immigration and Customs Enforcement. That could just be a curious co-incidence, of course.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the folks in Laguna Beach don't like the logo because of the way it emphasizes those three letters.

I don't think I care enough about the issue to find out their concerns. I already looked into what the artist and the other citizen said and determined that, as far as I know, they just don't think it's proper for the logo to have appeared on police cars in the version it did, given that that version hadn't been approved by the council/public. That, as far as I'm concerned, is a valid argument. I strive to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't think someone would have to be a loon to think that it was worthy of comment what the logo ended up looking like, especially given that the folks most responsible for that logo were circulating a qualitatively different version of that logo just a few weeks ago. Of course, it could just be that the logo-maker for the actual cars got carried away and did something different and had his or her own interpretation of what the logo should look like. Artists should take some license, especially if they suffer from whatever disability it was that caused that E to get that weird looking stripe it has.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:11 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Criticism isn't being triggered.

If you freak out by observing your nation's flag, you suck.

Why are you defending people who think the US flag is a representation of something evil? Do you agree with them?
Where do you see me defending these people? The point was that they are a couple of nutters on the fringes of the party, which is quite the opposite of that.

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
[/B]

Liberal nobodies. Canít be stressed enough. Even this guys realizes that his liberal party is full of worthless nobodies.
Every party has their crackpots. Unfortunately the right elected theirs to be President.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:23 PM 04-14-2019
Where do you see me defending these people? The point was that they are a couple of nutters on the fringes of the party, which is quite the opposite of that.

Every party has their crackpots. Unfortunately the right elected theirs to be President.
You tried to elect Hillary. Stop and think about that disaster for a moment.

Crackpot vs crackwhore. .
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:24 PM 04-14-2019
Yeah, sorry. **** america is a regressive talking point that permeates almost every discussion I have, online and in person, with people on the far left. Who make up the VAST majority of people I know due to my art and music hobbies. You don't get to write this off as a few fringe people. This type of thinking is entirely normalized.

Minimizing and deflection are a apologetic tactics. You were definitionally doing that while pretending this was some kind of 'man bites dog' story instead of progressives doing their totally routine '**** america' bullshit.

You can be on the left and not constantly disparage the US, white people, christians, men, and free markets. You just can't be a radical left winger and not do those things. They're big on purity tests.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:57 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yeah, sorry. **** america is a regressive talking point that permeates almost every discussion I have, online and in person, with people on the far left. Who make up the VAST majority of people I know due to my art and music hobbies. You don't get to write this off as a few fringe people. This type of thinking is entirely normalized.
You should minimize your anti SJW diet. What prominent liberals in the media are echoing the sentiments of the people in this article? Who is defending it from the left on here? I can't speak for the people you interact with, but I'm not seeing the support for the worldview you're espousing.

Originally Posted by :
Minimizing and deflection are a apologetic tactics. You were definitionally doing that while pretending this was some kind of 'man bites dog' story instead of progressives doing their totally routine '**** america' bullshit.

You can be on the left and not constantly disparage the US, white people, christians, men, and free markets. You just can't be a radical left winger and not do those things. They're big on purity tests.
Most of those labels are meaningless because they mean different things to different people. You're calling this lady a "progressive", but I consider myself one and I think the issue as I understand it should be a non story. But you might also find my views on those other things you listed to be pretty far to the left. Good luck putting me in a neatly constructed box.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:47 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I have a CD of Paul Harvey News and commentary sitting here next to my computer as we speak! It's in MP3 format. I wish it was in whatever format you call it for it to play in a CD player. I would love to be able to listen to it on my way to work :-)
It is possible to convert that and turn it to a playable CD.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:11 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I am an incurable hillbilly when it comes to computer stuff :-)

I am planning on telling the kids what I want for my birthday is that CD re written or whatever the correct term is so I can listen to it in my truck. I'm thinking my oldest daughter will jump at that. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 11:14 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I thought CD players play *.MP3 by default (edit: I'm wrong). Regardless, there are plenty of converters out there. Heck, you can do it in Windows Media Player.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:16 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I thought CD players play *.MP3 by default. Regardless, there are plenty of converters out there.
It won't play in my trucks CD player, I know that much... I've tried :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up