ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Patriotic patrol-car lettering triggers libs in California city
Bwana 07:40 AM 04-14-2019
Scary Patriotic Police car lettering. Just one more thing for the libs to be upset about. :-)

Southern California police department is drawing both praise and ire for the new star-spangled logo on the sides of its patrol vehicles, according to reports.

The Laguna Beach Police Department in Orange County recently added American-flag-style lettering for the word "police" on the sides of the vehicles, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

But local artist Carrie Woodburn told the Times the design was too “aggressive,” saying she felt it didn’t represent the community. Laguna Beach is a city of about 23,000 residents, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents," designer Chris Prelitz observed. "So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Councilman Peter Blake was surprised by the backlash. He told the newspaper some people were concerned the design might worry the area's immigrants.

People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were “exceptional” and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

The department did acknowledge the design didn’t come out exactly as planned and the city council said it would take up the issue again at their monthly meeting Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-...parks-backlash

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:40 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
A couple liberals nobody has heard of are mad about something. Can you say T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D?
Criticism isn't being triggered.

If you freak out by observing your nation's flag, you suck.

Why are you defending people who think the US flag is a representation of something evil? Do you agree with them?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:42 AM 04-14-2019
I was talking to a friend the other day - and we were remembering a radio host by the name of Paul Harvey - who was an unabashed absolute American.

It's funny, looking back at Harvey - he predicted that crap like this would come and would happen with increased frequency.

In short? This country is nearly done....and we've done it to ourselves.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:44 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Why are leftists so ****ing triggered by the stars and stripes?

While democrats 'hating america' has been a pretty routine attack from the right I always thought it was hyperbolic partisan nonsense. Whinging out everytime something resembles your nation's flag does nothing to mitigate such beliefs that the left strongly dislikes their nation.
Something either shifted, or was unmasked, when the left's response to Make America Great Again was 'when was America ever great?'

Capra that ain't.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:47 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Crazy Californians. Suzzer says these people have gumption, but I guess the US flag is too much for them to bear the sight of.
If Suzzer had even one shred of decency, he’s put a plastic bag over his head and asphyxiate himself without delay.
[Reply]
2bikemike 09:47 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I was talking to a friend the other day - and we were remembering a radio host by the name of Paul Harvey - who was an unabashed absolute American.

It's funny, looking back at Harvey - he predicted that crap like this would come and would happen with increased frequency.

"And Now You know the Rest of the Story!"
[Reply]
Bwana 09:53 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
"And Now You know the Rest of the Story!"
GOOD DAY........
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:53 AM 04-14-2019

I miss Mr. Harvey’s stories very much. What an inspiring figure he was.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:55 AM 04-14-2019
Well, what the hell.....

[Reply]
2bikemike 09:59 AM 04-14-2019

Originally Posted by Bwana:
GOOD DAY........
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I miss Mr. Harvey’s stories very much. What an inspiring figure he was.
My mother used to shuttle me around to practice and what not during Paul Harvey's show. I would look forward to it.

I miss both PH and my mom!
[Reply]
patteeu 10:05 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
BOOOOO!

:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:33 PM 04-14-2019

A voice that is missed in today's world.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:42 PM 04-14-2019
These immigrants came here to be in America or become Americans. So how would this bother them?

If they really meant illegal immigrants from south of our border many who fly the flag of their home country—then too bad what they think. They don't belong here.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:18 PM 04-14-2019
Holy fuck. Thank God I got out of that shit hole state..

It would be a shame if someone did something to California, and other liberal strongholds for that matter, but it appears they're doing it themselves
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:29 PM 04-14-2019
[/B]
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
A couple liberals nobody has heard of are mad about something. Can you say T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D?
Liberal nobodies. Can’t be stressed enough. Even this guys realizes that his liberal party is full of worthless nobodies.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:44 PM 04-14-2019
Well, what the hell.....

That is scary accurate.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up