ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Patriotic patrol-car lettering triggers libs in California city
Bwana 07:40 AM 04-14-2019
Scary Patriotic Police car lettering. Just one more thing for the libs to be upset about. :-)

Southern California police department is drawing both praise and ire for the new star-spangled logo on the sides of its patrol vehicles, according to reports.

The Laguna Beach Police Department in Orange County recently added American-flag-style lettering for the word "police" on the sides of the vehicles, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

But local artist Carrie Woodburn told the Times the design was too “aggressive,” saying she felt it didn’t represent the community. Laguna Beach is a city of about 23,000 residents, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents," designer Chris Prelitz observed. "So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Councilman Peter Blake was surprised by the backlash. He told the newspaper some people were concerned the design might worry the area's immigrants.

People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were “exceptional” and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

The department did acknowledge the design didn’t come out exactly as planned and the city council said it would take up the issue again at their monthly meeting Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-...parks-backlash

[Reply]
patteeu 08:01 AM 04-14-2019
Crazy Californians. Suzzer says these people have gumption, but I guess the US flag is too much for them to bear the sight of.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:01 AM 04-14-2019
Carrie Woodburn can die in a tire fire.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:07 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Carrie Woodburn can die in a tire fire.
Member of far left groups. Appears once did "Go Fund Me" for trip thru Europe". Drew $325. Apt.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:16 AM 04-14-2019
Trump, American Flag and Christianity the things that scare them. O’bummer, illegal immigrants and ISiS things that comfort them.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:19 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Member of far left groups. Appears once did "Go Fund Me" for trip thru Europe". Drew $325. Apt.
If she would have been asking for a trip to Syria I'd have donated.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 08:28 AM 04-14-2019
A couple liberals nobody has heard of are mad about something. Can you say T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D?
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:42 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
A couple liberals nobody has heard of are mad about something. Can you say T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D?
Yep some people are T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D by the sight of Stars and Stripes! :-)
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:55 AM 04-14-2019
There are other things to worry about with the police departments around this country than the way their cars get painted.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:01 AM 04-14-2019
Yeah, that's what the article is about. Dopey, triggered liberals.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:04 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Scary Patriotic Police car lettering. Just one more thing for the libs to be upset about. :-)

Southern California police department is drawing both praise and ire for the new star-spangled logo on the sides of its patrol vehicles, according to reports.

The Laguna Beach Police Department in Orange County recently added American-flag-style lettering for the word "police" on the sides of the vehicles, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

But local artist Carrie Woodburn told the Times the design was too “aggressive,” saying she felt it didn’t represent the community. Laguna Beach is a city of about 23,000 residents, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents," designer Chris Prelitz observed. "So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Councilman Peter Blake was surprised by the backlash. He told the newspaper some people were concerned the design might worry the area's immigrants.

People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them,” he said.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were “exceptional” and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

The department did acknowledge the design didn’t come out exactly as planned and the city council said it would take up the issue again at their monthly meeting Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-...parks-backlash

Why take up a non-existent "issue?" If people are uncomfortable then they have to deal with it. If the cop cars said something about supporting the KKK or some other bullshit, then yes that's an issue. Having an American flag through the paint job is not any kind of "issue."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:12 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
There are other things to worry about with the police departments around this country than the way their cars get painted.
Who are you trying to convince?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:13 AM 04-14-2019
Everything's offensive
[Reply]
Bwana 09:36 AM 04-14-2019

BOOOOO!

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:38 AM 04-14-2019
Why are leftists so ****ing triggered by the stars and stripes?

While democrats 'hating america' has been a pretty routine attack from the right I always thought it was hyperbolic partisan nonsense. Whinging out everytime something resembles your nation's flag does nothing to mitigate such beliefs that the left strongly dislikes their nation.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up