ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump told CBP head he'd pardon him if he were sent to jail for violating immigration
RodeoPants2 03:37 PM 04-12-2019
Yikes.

Originally Posted by :
President Donald Trump told Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan he would grant McAleenan a pardon if he were sent to jail for having border agents block asylum seekers from entering the US in defiance of US law, senior administration officials tell CNN.
Source
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:08 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Abusing that power should be impeachable.
Did you think Obama should have been impeached for DACA?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:11 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I bet you say that pretty subjectively, huh?
Thatís the funny thing. He thinks the opposition should have some type of veto power over pardons. His 7th grade civics teacher really failed him.
[Reply]
Donger 12:50 PM 04-13-2019
Your own article say maybe not:

So...

Should our policy be based on what a few do or the many?
I said many are. You think a 1700% increase is normal?
[Reply]
Donger 12:51 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Not what i said.

Do you think itís fine for trump to conspire with CBP officers to break the law under the promise of a pardon for those officers?
No, that's what I said. I'd like to know precisely what law you think Trump is breaking. You know, before impeachment proceedings.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:53 PM 04-13-2019
Inpee foaty fie!!!!
[Reply]
Donger 12:55 PM 04-13-2019
Abusing that power should be impeachable.
POTUS can pardon pretty much anyone he wants, for any reason he wants:

In the United States, the pardon power for offences against the United States is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution which states that the President "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

Do you think that Ford should have been impeached over his Nixon pardon?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:37 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Would our liberals agree that many of the illegals are gaming our gracious system?
What the hell does this have to do with the president asking federal agents to break the law with the promise of a pardon?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:40 PM 04-13-2019
No, that's what I said. I'd like to know precisely what law you think Trump is breaking. You know, before impeachment proceedings.
Impeach proceedings dont require a law to be broken. You see no abuse with the president asking federal agents to break the law under promise of a pardon?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 02:41 PM 04-13-2019
POTUS can pardon pretty much anyone he wants, for any reason he wants:

In the United States, the pardon power for offences against the United States is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution which states that the President "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

Do you think that Ford should have been impeached over his Nixon pardon?
So would you be OK if trump ordered the execution of Speaker Pelosi then pardoned the killer? (and pardoned himself)
[Reply]
Donger 02:57 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
What the hell does this have to do with the president asking federal agents to break the law with the promise of a pardon?
Nothing. Why do you ask?
[Reply]
Donger 02:58 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Impeach proceedings dont require a law to be broken. You see no abuse with the president asking federal agents to break the law under promise of a pardon?
Yes, I know. I think Trump is taking an extreme measure (if he did) in the face of Democrat intransigence and failure to tackle this issue.
[Reply]
Donger 02:59 PM 04-13-2019
So would you be OK if trump ordered the execution of Speaker Pelosi then pardoned the killer? (and pardoned himself)
Oh stop it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:00 PM 04-13-2019
Oh stop it.
One might be wise to recall that bargaining is a stage of grief. Perhaps a generous person might applaud the progress.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:16 PM 04-13-2019
Oh stop it.

So you are ok with the president conspiring to commit some federal crimes but not all?

I mean, I realize some crimes are more severe than others.
[Reply]
Donger 03:19 PM 04-13-2019
So you are ok with the president conspiring to commit some federal crimes but not all?

I mean, I realize some crimes are more severe than others.
As much as I hate whataboutisms, do you have the same reaction when those on the left actively conspire to give aid and comfort to illegal aliens?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up