ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>234 of 235 House Dems co-sponsor bill forcing schools to let males compete as females
CasselGotPeedOn 11:50 AM 04-11-2019
Every House Democrat but one has co-sponsored a bill requiring schools to allow male athletes who identify as transgender girls to compete on female sports teams.

Democrats’ Equality Act would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make “sexual orientation and gender identity” protected characteristics under federal anti-discrimination law. Among other things, the bill would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

Sarah Warbelow, director of the left-wing Human Rights Campaign, praised the bill’s impact on high school sports in written testimony submitted to a House subcommittee on Tuesday.

“Opponents of equality in athletics for transgender athletes have argued that girls who are transgender have unfair physiological advantages over cisgender girls and as a result, will dominate women’s competitive sports,” Warbelow wrote, calling it not “rooted in fact” that biologically male athletes will outperform their female counterparts.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, made a similar argument during an April 2 hearing his committee held on the legislation.

“Many states have sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination laws, and all of them still have women’s sports. Arguments about transgender athletes participating in sports in accordance with their gender identity having competitive advantages have not been borne out,” Nadler said in his opening statement.

In Connecticut, one of the states to which Nadler was referring, two male runners have dominated girls’ high school track. A female competitor called the male runners’ advantage “demoralizing.”

Julia Beck, the head of a self-described radical feminist organization, testified against the bill.

The Democrats’ bill would lead to a male invasion of female spaces, including on the athletic field, Beck said in her April 2 testimony. “Men will dominate female sports,” she warned.

Of the 235 Democrats in the House, 234 have co-sponsored the legislation. (That’s not counting Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico’s non-voting representatives, who also signed on as co-sponsors.)

Reps. John Katko of New York and Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania are the only House Republicans to co-sponsor the bill.

Illinois Rep. Dan Lipinski, the only pro-life Democrat left in the House, is also the only one in his party not co-sponsoring the Equality Act.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/10/d...-girls-sports/
[Reply]
Hamwallet 06:22 AM 04-12-2019
I totally could have made the WNBA around 2000-2001.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:27 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I totally could have made the WNBA around 2000-2001.
Don't give up hope, just check the Chick box in the "Identify As:" section...
[Reply]
stevieray 07:38 AM 04-12-2019
Most of the dims major concerns always evolve around sex.

abortion
homosexuality
homosexual "marriage"
transgender

and like cloclwork, they use sex as a weapon in attempts to destroy people.

Y'all are messed up, man.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 08:43 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Are you high? That was in the OP and doesn’t refute anything.

WTF is wrong with you?
The headline makes it look like the legislation was written with the main point of letting boys play girl's sports.

It wasn't.

Hence, dipshits read the headline, ignore everything else, and get outraged.

Congrats on being easily manipulated.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 08:48 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
FACT: If passed, the Equality Act would force public schools to allow transgender individuals who identify as female to compete in sports with biological girls.

A leading feminist thinks you're a dipshit and wants to kick you in the balls (assuming you have any):

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/J...J-20190402.pdf
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

FACT: The main point of this legislation wasn't about sports participation.


OPINION: This is another case of conservatives manufacturing outrage about something that will affect a very small amount of people.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 08:51 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
The headline makes it look like the legislation was written with the main point of letting boys play girl's sports.

It wasn't.

Hence, dipshits read the headline, ignore everything else, and get outraged.

Congrats on being easily manipulated.
:-)

That’s a rather large consequence of this legislation, you jackass. That high schools “may not discriminate on the basis of gender identity”. IE, they cannot prevent boys who identify as girls to compete in girls sports.

Again, WTF is wrong with you? Are you so hell bent on defending anything presented by someone with a D next to their name that you lost all critical thinking skills?
[Reply]
theoldcoach 08:54 AM 04-12-2019
I don't give a s***what the main point of the legislation was. The result is exactly what we are saying that it is.

Another ridiculous Democratic blunder that will cost them big if this happens.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 08:55 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
FACT: The main point of this legislation wasn't about sports participation.


OPINION: This is another case of conservatives manufacturing outrage about something that will affect a very small amount of people.
FACT: changing federal discrimination laws will affect hundreds of thousands of people.(props on reading your unedited post and realizing “man, that’s incredibly dumb”)

Jim Hammers opinion:it won’t affect very many people, hurr durr conservatives are stoopid.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 09:03 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
:-)

That’s a rather large consequence of this legislation, you jackass. That high schools “may not discriminate on the basis of gender identity”. IE, they cannot prevent boys who identify as girls to compete in girls sports.

Again, WTF is wrong with you? Are you so hell bent on defending anything presented by someone with a D next to their name that you lost all critical thinking skills?
Actually, it's not a huge part of this legislation. There aren't going to be a bunch of boys going out for girl's sports for the competitive advantage.

Conservatives hate this legislation because they find all of this LGBTQ stuff "icky". So they latch onto a very small side effect to bitch about.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 09:14 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
FACT: changing federal discrimination laws will affect hundreds of thousands of people.(props on reading your unedited post and realizing “man, that’s incredibly dumb”)

Jim Hammers opinion:it won’t affect very many people, hurr durr conservatives are stoopid.
Now you're moving the goalposts.

Sure, this law would affect a large number of people. Very positively in fact. The effect on sports will be very small.

OPINION: Not all conservatives are stupid or bigoted. But I don't think they post here.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:20 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
FACT: The main point of this legislation wasn't about sports participation. OPINION: This is another case of conservatives manufacturing outrage about something that will affect a very small amount of people.
So much fuzzy logic in your head. Harvest that & you have a sweater factory.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:28 AM 04-12-2019
Here's your 15 year old daughter's new competitor. No hormone therapy required. Just identify as a girl and you are now the HS state record holder in your state. :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:51 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Here's your 15 year old daughter's new competitor. No hormone therapy required. Just identify as a girl and you are now the HS state record holder in your state. :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
:-):-)



:-):-)
[Reply]
Carr4MVP 03:00 PM 04-12-2019
Why didn't this happen when I was in school? I could have dominated. Haha.
[Reply]
FAX 03:07 PM 04-12-2019
LOL ... the world is falling apart at the seams ...

"Forget about that! Let's write a law that legalizes genetic juicing in competitive athletics! Now, who's buying the first round?"

FAX
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up