ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Pete Buttplug
Prison Bitch 02:53 PM 04-04-2019
Official hate thread for Pete Buttigieg.




Question: on what issues does he actually differ from the standard Dem Party platform? If his entire schtick is “he’s from Indiana and can talk to Midwesterners!” that means nothing. Not if he’s merely babbling talking points
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:31 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
P. Butt isn’t in it to win it. He knows he won’t win. He’s in it to further his political career which he most assuredly has done.
I very much doubt he finds any sort of political career in Indiana beyond mayor of South Bend. There's no way that state would ever collectively vote him in as governor or senator. And if he wants to be a congressman, most voters view town dog catcher as a good enough resume as long as you say and do the things that resonate with them.

Yeah, he might get a Cabinet spot or something like that, but those are often short-lived positions. If he wants his career in politics to last awhile where he does actual work and stays relevant, he's going to have to eventually win some elections beyond the local level. And I don't think Indiana is the place to make that happen.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:35 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I very much doubt he finds any sort of political career in Indiana beyond mayor of South Bend. There's no way that state would ever collectively vote him in as governor or senator. And if he wants to be a congressman, most voters view town dog catcher as a good enough resume as long as you say and do the things that resonate with them.

Yeah, he might get a Cabinet spot or something like that, but those are often short-lived positions. If he wants his career in politics to last awhile where he does actual work and stays relevant, he's going to have to eventually win some elections beyond the local level. And I don't think Indiana is the place to make that happen.
Good points all. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:36 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'd bet if you drew two circles between left & right... you'd find a ton of overlap. I'd bet there are a ton of dems who sympathize with feminism but overall just want feminists to leave them alone instead pushing their nose into it. And Repubs who sympathize with the idea of anti-"male toxicity" but don't want to be dragged into macho men pushing their nose into how masculine they are. I'd bet there are lots of people who care just enough about social issues but overall just want people to shut the **** up.

But these people don't go to rallies, don't bitch on social media, don't get media ratings. So who gives a shit about them.
Pointed out a long time ago, difference is the 'responsible' right makes an effort to distinguish their positions from the despicable or fringe positions, while the 'mushy' left just shambles along assuming that unless they specifically endorse a position, no one will attribute it to them, even though the loudest and most mainstream voices are endorsing and even seeking to mandate those positions.

Using one of your examples simply because it's the most handy. A moderate liberal may have reservations about the bleating and nagging about 'toxic masculinity.' But the only time they ever weigh in, if at all, is if a conservative complains about the bleating and nagging. And even then they pose some milquetoast rhetorical question like 'why would men want to be toxic?'
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:39 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
How in the world is this "Unloading on Pence"?
Sometimes you guys are such lil whiney pussies

Fair enough. Can I now see the video where Vice President Mike Pence say 'I have a problem with who Pete Buttigeig is?'
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:19 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Pointed out a long time ago, difference is the 'responsible' right makes an effort to distinguish their positions from the despicable or fringe positions, while the 'mushy' left just shambles along assuming that unless they specifically endorse a position, no one will attribute it to them, even though the loudest and most mainstream voices are endorsing and even seeking to mandate those positions.

Using one of your examples simply because it's the most handy. A moderate liberal may have reservations about the bleating and nagging about 'toxic masculinity.' But the only time they ever weigh in, if at all, is if a conservative complains about the bleating and nagging. And even then they pose some milquetoast rhetorical question like 'why would men want to be toxic?'
And I think you're again looking at this from a one-sided "we do nothing wrong, everybody else does everything wrong" standpoint. Moderate conservatives get blamed all the time for not speaking out enough about blatant racism. Silence should not be confused for endorsement. Just as you rightfully hate being called a racist for saying nothing at all, seems silly to then flip the switch and lump a silent Dem for being a nutty prog without saying anything at all. I'd bet you'd meet a lot of people there who sympathize with feminism but are embarrassed by the MeToo movement. Just as you'd meet plenty of conservatives who are embarrassed by homophobes and men who are blatantly (and I mean blatantly) chauvinistic. Of course for social graces a moderate dem might be extra careful not to say something un-PC. Or a moderate conservative might feel like less of a men for not jumping in on blatant homophobia. That doesn't mean that either endorses it.

And to make matters worse, we live in a society of extremes. So of course a moderate dem is more likely to throw support at an over-the-top MeToo feminist than an over-the-top chauvinist. Picking a side and hating the alternative is not the same as an endorsement either.

I still believe there are a LOT of people on both sides of the aisle who are moderate on social positions are just wish that people would give less a shit about them.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:27 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Fair enough. Can I now see the video where Vice President Mike Pence say 'I have a problem with who Pete Buttigeig is?'
Exactly.
But let’s not let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned f*ghagging.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 01:22 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Dude was five seconds away from breaking into a broadway musical number.
I went to work after posting this, but yea. He was struggling to find a way that he and his "husband" weren't flat out awesome. And he and god were closer because of his marriage to this dude. I guess that's possible, but again, I would need to know which god he worships. I'm willing to bet a nickel that the Christian God ain't the one.

... or if it is, he needs to read the Good Book again!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:31 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I went to work after posting this, but yea. He was struggling to find a way that he and his "husband" weren't flat out awesome. And he and god were closer because of his marriage to this dude. I guess that's possible, but again, I would need to know which god he worships. I'm willing to bet a nickel that the Christian God ain't the one.

... or if it is, he needs to read the Good Book again!
I'm vastly less interested in how he defines his relationship with God than I am with how he factors Federal governmental recognition of his relationship with his spouse into said relationship with God.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:52 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You don't think a small % of activists and a very very broad reach of MSM dominates the voice of the party? I can guarantee there is a very sizeable segment of Dems, just as there are Repubs, who don't want to talk politics on social media. They may lean in a certain direction but that doesn't mean they identify with the extremes. I would imagine this base is especially big in smaller industrial regions.
Look at the leading Dem candidates for their nomination. They're all PC
[Reply]
stevieray 05:48 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I went to work after posting this, but yea. He was struggling to find a way that he and his "husband" weren't flat out awesome. And he and god were closer because of his marriage to this dude. I guess that's possible, but again, I would need to know which god he worships. I'm willing to bet a nickel that the Christian God ain't the one.

... or if it is, he needs to read the Good Book again!
Pete is in for a big surprise.

As is the man who "married" them.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:36 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Look at the leading Dem candidates for their nomination. They're all PC
And as I said, it's because the dnc and the party as a whole is totally clueless about the party. They measure the pulse of the party by what happens on the coasts, what's said in msm, and what's said by liberal loudmouths on social media.

It wasn't long ago that Trump won a nomination because he targeted a group of Republicans the party was too stupid to realize existed. "flyovers" as they call them.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:58 AM 04-10-2019
Remember when 10 years ago the republican answer to evangelists was religious zealots like Santorum and Huckabee? And who won the nomination and won big with evangelists? A foul mouthed, abrasive, adulterer, former pro choicer who is clearly not religious. I wouldn't take too much stock on what a national platforms pulse on the actual needs. As I've said before, a huge point where Trump connected was recognizing the flyovers. Something no other repub candidate and no other dem did. It wasn't just the wall. It was telling small town and middle America folks he recognized they were getting screwed.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:00 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Remember when 10 years ago the republican answer to evangelists was religious zealots like Santorum and Huckabee? And who won the nomination and won big with evangelists? A foul mouthed, abrasive, adulterer, former pro choicer who is clearly not religious. I wouldn't take too much stock on what a national platforms pulse on the actual needs. As I've said before, a huge point where Trump connected was recognizing the flyovers. Something no other repub candidate and no other dem did. It wasn't just the wall. It was telling small town and middle America folks he recognized they were getting screwed.
It's much more than just that.

Here's just one example:

When you call those people deplorable....
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:07 AM 04-10-2019
Gee, why did the word “kuckservative” ever come out???

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro, for instance, called Buttigieg “nice and refreshing” for his willingness to engage with those on the other side of the aisle.

New York Times columnist David Brooks described Buttigieg as “smart, modest and self-effacing,” portraying the gay millennial veteran with degrees from Harvard and Oxford as a deft politician with a unique background who could surprise people.

Newt Gingrich, former GOP speaker of the House, said Republicans should start paying attention to the mayor, who “may be the unknown outsider who grows into authenticity.” A Commentary op-ed celebrated the so-called libertarian ideals Buttigieg brought to the race.

Even talk show host Rush Limbaugh, an avid Trump supporter, said after watching Buttigieg’s town hall that he saw “no radicalism” in the “personable” candidate, whom he said would “make mincemeat” out of his primary challengers in a debate

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:19 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It's much more than just that.

Here's just one example:

When you call those people deplorable....
100% yes. Then throw in racist, hillbillies, white privilege. Even if people don't like buttigiegs social platform, his statement that Trump supporters are real people who deserved to be listened to and are angry for a reason, is totally different from the hilarys of the world who views these people as deplorable. 3 years later and her party STILL doesn't get how offensive her comment was.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up