ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Pete Buttplug
Prison Bitch 02:53 PM 04-04-2019
Official hate thread for Pete Buttigieg.

Question: on what issues does he actually differ from the standard Dem Party platform? If his entire schtick is ďheís from Indiana and can talk to Midwesterners!Ē that means nothing. Not if heís merely babbling talking points
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:40 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
You do know Mike Pence is regarded as one of the most anti gay politicians out there, right?
Some would say anti gay is an overstatement and is just another example of hyperbole from the LBGTQ community.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mike...alsely-accused
[Reply]
Carlota69 10:42 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Some would say anti gay is an overstatement and is just another example of hyperbole from the LBGTQ community.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mike...alsely-accused
Fox News?
OK..lol

Bottom line, Mayor Pete was "Unloading" on Pence.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:43 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Donít blame me for your inability to post any evidence for your claim. Thatís entirely on you.
Ive fucking posted them 1000 times. Each time you retort back about how it doesn't align with a far right position. I'm not bothering with this shit with you anymore. The debate was never even as much about social positions as you're making it to be. It's about whether a more restrained social platform with a more aggressive liberal labor strategy could not win but dent the flyover regions. But please keep telling moderates and liberals about why they should tailor their social positions to yours, of all people.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:44 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
(x)

Either one of the intersectionalist candidates are able to pander to just the precise amount to earn the biggest plurality in the primaries or they keep the field fragmented enough to leave the nomination unresolved going into a brokered DNC convention.

"Fringe" screamers will absolutely decide this election.
I think Bidenís best chance is a brokered convention. The superdelegates (or whatever theyíre called now) come into play if a nominee isnít named with the first ballot.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:46 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I can't prove that to a guy who thinks a guy who says hi to a gay person is far left. I did not say a far left social platform will work. I said that many would accept a moderate left social platform if the party went all in on labor. And there is proof that it's worked. In red strongholds, this rural progressive platform showed very well in the recent midterms. The fact that you think you are any judge or have any understanding at all about where the left right social line exists is laughable. And it shows since you continue to benchmark liberals by how they rate on far right social positions. They are not trying to win people like you because they can't.
It did? Who were the candidates that won on this platform? I thought you said nobody on the D side of the ball was even advocating this platform except him?

The only narrative I've heard about the mid-terms is that it was a big middle finger to Trump. It can't be both.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:48 AM 04-10-2019
I can't prove that to a guy who thinks a guy who says hi to a gay person is far left. I did not say a far left social platform will work. I said that many would accept a moderate left social platform if the party went all in on labor. And there is proof that it's worked. In red strongholds, this rural progressive platform showed very well in the recent midterms. The fact that you think you are any judge or have any understanding at all about where the left right social line exists is laughable. And it shows since you continue to benchmark liberals by how they rate on far right social positions. They are not trying to win people like you because they can't.
This is a provable lie. Vox noted that progressives running in competitive districts were rejected in 2018:

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/7/180717...elections-2018

See how easy it is to provide evidence for a claim? Shall I teach you?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:49 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I think Bidenís best chance is a brokered convention. The superdelegates (or whatever theyíre called now) come into play if a nominee isnít named with the first ballot.
I'll take tthe field compared to any and all candidates that were active in the primaries.

Brokered convention gives the moneyed DNC interests a chance to pick a perfect "compromise" candidate that stands the chance to beat Trump (ostensibly) without alienating independents, moderates and center-left Democrats.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:52 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
It did? Who were the candidates that won on this platform? I thought you said nobody on the D side of the ball was even advocating this platform except him?

The only narrative I've heard about the mid-terms is that it was a big middle finger to Trump. It can't be both.
You just beat me to it. Heís lying again.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:10 AM 04-10-2019

https://www.100daysinappalachia.com/...n-rural-areas/
Again, you are looking at it from the mainstream lens. Perez, the dnc, and the Kamalas and warrens of the world were talking about social justice and Middle fingerling Trump. Rural progressives in many cases were toning down social stances like abortion and gun control while focusing heavily on talking to farmers and other key laborers. The Republicans had a huge stronghold. Despite the progressives making it really really difficult for rural progressives to position themselves on a moderate social platform, they still cut significantly into the rural margins.

There are plenty of midterm success stories of dems attacking rural areas in this way. Don't believe everything the msm tells you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:13 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
This is a provable lie. Vox noted that progressives running in competitive districts were rejected in 2018:

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/7/180717...elections-2018

See how easy it is to provide evidence for a claim? Shall I teach you?
Good ****ing grief. That article literally says everything I've been saying. Progressive dems didn't do well. As I've said it was largely a rejection of progressivism that moved way too far left. Moderate dems did well. No wonder you want a wall because I feel like I'm talking to one right now. Your article specifically says that
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:26 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
All this is moot. Buttigieg is too white male and too mild mannered to win this nomination.
That has already been an accusation. It shows how loony these progressives are about this pc bullshit.

But to your point about Biden... I wouldn't rule out Sherrod brown as a late dark horse. For the same reasons Biden was ever an option except without the creepy MeToo stuff. If brown can get significant union endorsement, which I bet he could, he becomes a very big player and tests my theory that there area lot more in this camp than people realize.

The problem is, because of this stupid primary system, it will take a lot for these silent dems and moderates to find a candidate they're passionate enough about to hit the primary booth. Even if a candidate like that has numbers they may not have nearly enough polling.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:34 AM 04-10-2019
https://www.100daysinappalachia.com/...n-rural-areas/
Again, you are looking at it from the mainstream lens. Perez, the dnc, and the Kamalas and warrens of the world were talking about social justice and Middle fingerling Trump. Rural progressives in many cases were toning down social stances like abortion and gun control while focusing heavily on talking to farmers and other key laborers. The Republicans had a huge stronghold. Despite the progressives making it really really difficult for rural progressives to position themselves on a moderate social platform, they still cut significantly into the rural margins.

There are plenty of midterm success stories of dems attacking rural areas in this way. Don't believe everything the msm tells you.
It sure seems like that article is stretching the definition of rural. I wouldn't consider 250,000 rural. Like, not at all. Maybe that is where we are missing each other. You are considering anything smaller than LA rural. Places like Buffalo, NY and Madison WI fit that description, and I do not consider them rural. Progressivism can be sold in places like that.

I'm thinking along the lines of 50k or less. Heavy on the less. THAT'S rural to me, and Progressivism doesn't fly there (here).
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:57 AM 04-10-2019
It sure seems like that article is stretching the definition of rural. I wouldn't consider 250,000 rural. Like, not at all. Maybe that is where we are missing each other. You are considering anything smaller than LA rural. Places like Buffalo, NY and Madison WI fit that description, and I do not consider them rural. Progressivism can be sold in places like that.

I'm thinking along the lines of 50k or less. Heavy on the less. THAT'S rural to me, and Progressivism doesn't fly there (here).
The way mainstream politics has evolved, its basically any non metro not on the coasts. But yes it gets much tougher to be progressive the smaller the town gets. I disagree that 50k or less is totally untouchable for a moderate progressive. I grew up there and it is largely Trump country but there are still quite a few political moderates. But again, the big question isn't if a dem can win those areas. It's if they can steal a few percentage points here and there.

Growing up in that area, there is plenty of share to be captured with an aggressive labor platform. That includes talking to farmers in ag heavy strongholds. Keep in mind these areas do often vote democratic mayors and councils.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:10 PM 04-10-2019
Well this is the damnest discussion for like, ever. We were talking about Pete Buttplug being a total fraud pretending he’s a moderate, reasonable guy - but who really holds leftwing and even SJW views.

Somehow we got into what rural means. And Zilla whining about whatever he’s whining about.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:15 PM 04-10-2019
The way mainstream politics has evolved, its basically any non metro not on the coasts. But yes it gets much tougher to be progressive the smaller the town gets. I disagree that 50k or less is totally untouchable for a moderate progressive. I grew up there and it is largely Trump country but there are still quite a few political moderates. But again, the big question isn't if a dem can win those areas. It's if they can steal a few percentage points here and there.

Growing up in that area, there is plenty of share to be captured with an aggressive labor platform. That includes talking to farmers in ag heavy strongholds. Keep in mind these areas do often vote democratic mayors and councils.
I've got to go to work so I don't have time to post much here. But a quick point, the small rural areas electing Democrats are the areas that still remember the JFK type Democrats. They are not electing progressives. My wife's grandparents are well into their 80's and as conservative as you would expect folks of their age to be.

They vote straight ticket Democrat. They always have and always will. They don't follow politics, they just do what they always did. You can't convince them that the D's support stuff like abortion and same sex marriage. That's just lies from the media and those damned R's!!!!!

I'd be very interested to see if you can find an example of a 50ish k county that routinely elects progressives. I'm not gonna say that it doesn't exist, but It will be VERY, VERY few and far between I bet :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up