ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Looks like another attack in Paris at Notre Dame-just a crazy man or terrorist?
scho63 09:09 AM 06-06-2017
OOPS! :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-sh...150332153.html

Paris (AFP) - A French police officer shot and injured a man who attacked him with a hammer outside Paris's Notre-Dame cathedral on Tuesday, authorities said.

Police sealed off the area in front of the cathedral, where the attacker lay injured on the ground.

The attack comes with France on high alert for more jihadist strikes after a weekend attack in London, where extremists used a van and knives to crush to death and kill seven people, one of them French.

Authorities in Paris asked the public to stay away from Notre-Dame, one of France's biggest tourist attractions situated on the banks of the Seine river in the heart of the capital.

French TV reported scenes of panic during the shooting, with tourists scrambling for cover.

France is under a state of emergency and on its highest possible level of alert following a string of terror attacks that began in 2015, which have killed over 230 people.

In the last fatal attack, a policeman was shot and killed on Paris's prestigious Champs-Elysees avenue on April 20, three days before the first round of the presidential election.

Major attacks in France targeted the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine in January 2015 and in November that year, gunmen and suicide bombers attacked sites around Paris including the Bataclan concert hall, killing 130 people.

Then in July last year, a radicalised Tunisian man drove a lorry at high speed through a Bastille Day fireworks display on the Nice waterfront, massacring 86 people.

Since then there have been a series of smaller attacks, often targeting security forces.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:20 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is the man that blamed the California wildfires on not raking.
OK, so the real issue here is that you're an idiot. The problem with a lot of the California wildfires was, in fact, the way the lands were being managed. That included the lack of underbrush clearing and forest thinning a/k/a "raking". Even the left has now acknowledged this.

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/a...228847924.html

But you keep posting your bullshit. I'm sure your parents are very proud to have raised one of the stupidest humans on the planet.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 04:42 PM 04-15-2019
I am quite aware of what he was going for in relation to Finland. It didn't apply, was half-baked and the way he said it was beyond idiotic. I'm sorry if that touches a nerve because you are certain what he meant to say was something less idiotic and more thought-out. Do you know forest management wouldn't help shit in the Skirball or Malibu fires? But keep lobbing personal insults because I think the president sucks and regularly makes ridiculously stupid comments. It makes your points look extremely legit and makes you look extremely mature.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:44 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't get why Trump's tweet distracted so many of you. It's innocuous and it's trivial by comparison to the fire.
They aren't 'distracted' by anything Trump says or does.
Anything Trump says or does is the firmament of their entire existence.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:24 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Most of us know by now that he's not an expert on many of the things he comments on and he doesn't have a panel of experts driving his twitter account. We aren't caught off guard when he says something that turns out to be wrong and we don't assume that because he says it it's right. Try that, maybe.
It's isn't about being caught off guard, or relying on what Trump says to be correct.

It's more about the office itself. It's the office held by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln. It's the highest office in the land, and the holder of that office is considered the Leader of the Free World.

There used to be an unwritten rule that the President of the United States wouldn't go around saying stupid shit day and night.

So, even though we are all used to it by now, still, when it happens, we all have a head shake moment.

We could ignore all of the idiotic shit that comes out of his mouth and phone, but there really isn't a good reason to ignore it. He is, after all, the President of the United States. When he speaks or tweets, it's news.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:37 PM 04-15-2019
I am quite aware of what he was going for in relation to Finland. It didn't apply, was half-baked and the way he said it was beyond idiotic. I'm sorry if that touches a nerve because you are certain what he meant to say was something less idiotic and more thought-out. Do you know forest management wouldn't help shit in the Skirball or Malibu fires? But keep lobbing personal insults because I think the president sucks and regularly makes ridiculously stupid comments. It makes your points look extremely legit and makes you look extremely mature.
It was a suggestion to fight the fire from the air. If those on the ground felt it would be too much risk, that's their call.

However, here's a helicopter making a water drop in Russia

And here's a brief water drop story

Originally Posted by :
On April 2, 2012, firefighters and firefighting helicopters struggled to put out a massive blaze that broke out on the 67th floor of the under-construction Federation Tower East. "The fire was visible from much of the Russian capital's western half. Two firefighting helicopters noisily circled the blaze, dumping huge buckets of water on the flames before the Emergencies Ministry said the fire had been stopped from spreading by about 11:30 p.m. (1930 GMT), some three hours after it broke out."[2] “The area affected by the fire has exceeded 300 square meters (3,229 square feet)”, Major-General Sergei Anikeyev, deputy head of the city's emergency department, told the news agency Itar-Tass. “The 14 people who were at the top floors when the fire started have been evacuated. No one was hurt,” he told Itar-Tass.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...r#Construction

Secondly, yes, forest management would have helped the fires, and you trying to point out a specific fire or two, in order to avoid acknowledging that Trump was right on the subject in general, is dishonest of you. So, you've earned the insults. If you don't want to be called stupid or dishonest, don't be stupid or dishonest. It's pretty basic stuff.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 04-15-2019
So, getting back to the OP, I think we're going to find out that somehow this fire was an accident, and not an attack.

It just doesn't really fit the typical terrorist MO.

If they it blew up, sure. If hundreds of people were trapped inside when they set it alight, okay. If some terrorists shot the place up, THEN burned it down (though I still think they'd try to blow it up rather than just set fire to it), yeah that would fit.

Just setting fire to it? uh, maybe not.
[Reply]
seamonster 06:14 PM 04-15-2019
Parroting MSM ORANGE-MAN-BAD talking points is every bit as dense as Trump calling out California for not managing their non-stop brush fire inferno's.
[Reply]
ping2000 06:20 PM 04-15-2019
At least his students get a break for a week.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:31 PM 04-15-2019
This is what happens when you hire Islamic construction workers.
True story
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:32 PM 04-15-2019
You're a worthless person.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:51 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
This is what happens when you hire Islamic construction workers.
True story
Can confirm.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 06:52 PM 04-15-2019
So...900 years old, and after all this time it just combusted?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:11 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You're a worthless person.
Yet your mom won't leave me alone
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:14 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
They aren't 'distracted' by anything Trump says or does.
Anything Trump says or does is the firmament of their entire existence.
This is what you believe?
[Reply]
lostcause 08:16 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
OK, so the real issue here is that you're an idiot. The problem with a lot of the California wildfires was, in fact, the way the lands were being managed. That included the lack of underbrush clearing and forest thinning a/k/a "raking". Even the left has now acknowledged this.

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/a...228847924.html

But you keep posting your bullshit. I'm sure your parents are very proud to have raised one of the stupidest humans on the planet.
Glad you can so mental gymnastics to cover the idiocy of your president.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up