ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Looks like another attack in Paris at Notre Dame-just a crazy man or terrorist?
scho63 09:09 AM 06-06-2017
OOPS! :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-sh...150332153.html

Paris (AFP) - A French police officer shot and injured a man who attacked him with a hammer outside Paris's Notre-Dame cathedral on Tuesday, authorities said.

Police sealed off the area in front of the cathedral, where the attacker lay injured on the ground.

The attack comes with France on high alert for more jihadist strikes after a weekend attack in London, where extremists used a van and knives to crush to death and kill seven people, one of them French.

Authorities in Paris asked the public to stay away from Notre-Dame, one of France's biggest tourist attractions situated on the banks of the Seine river in the heart of the capital.

French TV reported scenes of panic during the shooting, with tourists scrambling for cover.

France is under a state of emergency and on its highest possible level of alert following a string of terror attacks that began in 2015, which have killed over 230 people.

In the last fatal attack, a policeman was shot and killed on Paris's prestigious Champs-Elysees avenue on April 20, three days before the first round of the presidential election.

Major attacks in France targeted the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine in January 2015 and in November that year, gunmen and suicide bombers attacked sites around Paris including the Bataclan concert hall, killing 130 people.

Then in July last year, a radicalised Tunisian man drove a lorry at high speed through a Bastille Day fireworks display on the Nice waterfront, massacring 86 people.

Since then there have been a series of smaller attacks, often targeting security forces.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 01:49 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Attack?
Well, it's a while after an attack.

And the attack might not have been directed at Notre Dame.

But historically speaking, it's on fire and it's happening after an attack of some sort somewhere.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:49 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This was already explained in above posts. My mistake for conflating two events.
Ok. That makes sense. I thought there was something I hadnít heard.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:49 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I'm making fun of the Hunchback of Notre Dame who's been driven out, here at home.
Eh. I don't mind jokes. Many of us cope with sadness through humor.

I"m just amazed how any story, no matter how unrelated, will always end up focused around Trump due to neurotic lunatics who can't stop obsessing about the man.

"Notre Dame is burning."

"Fuck Donald Trump!"

It's just so fucking stupid...
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 02:05 PM 04-15-2019

I"m just amazed how any story, no matter how unrelated, will always end up focused around Trump due to neurotic lunatics who can't stop obsessing about the man.

I'd suggest you consider that Trump is the idiot that brought attention to himself, by saying something stupid...again. If the dude would just shut his stinking mouth about stupid stuff, he wouldn't be the punching bag he's made of himself. He has NO ONE to blame but himself...
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:12 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
I'd suggest you consider that Trump is the idiot that brought attention to himself, by saying something stupid...again. If the dude would just shut his stinking mouth about stupid stuff, he wouldn't be the punching bag he's made of himself. He has NO ONE to blame but himself...
Least self-aware person on the board.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:20 PM 04-15-2019
... by saying something stupid...again. If the dude would just shut his stinking mouth about stupid stuff, he wouldn't be the punching bag he's made of himself. He has NO ONE to blame but himself...
Given a level playing field, i would probably agree with that...however, we all know that isn't what it is.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:21 PM 04-15-2019
Thread has been Kotter'd.

...again.
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 02:27 PM 04-15-2019
Terrible terrible tragedy. It's almost 900 years old...it's iconic. I honestly don't know what to say, it's just friggin' tragic.

It's on an island in the middle of the Seine. It's ironically surrounded by water. This just sucks so bad...
[Reply]
patteeu 02:30 PM 04-15-2019
^^^^ Ironic post
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:33 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
^^^^ Ironic post
:-) true dat
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 02:33 PM 04-15-2019
I hope this wasn't terrorism. No, I'm not saying it is, but given the recent history of terrorist crap going on in France, and the fact that this is Holy Week...I dunno...the timing is certainly suspect for such a coincidence...
[Reply]
srvy 02:33 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Just when you thought Donald Trump could not get any stupider . . .

What a fucking moron. :-)
Yeah pretty dumb seeing as the french firefighters were weighing the exact thing. They chose not to fearing it could completely collapse an already unstable structure.

The dumbasses here are you and your ilk for jumping the gun.
[Reply]
srvy 02:37 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
To be fair, Fox is ridiculing Trump's idea too.
So what not experts either.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:38 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
^^^^ Ironic post
Indeed :-)
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 02:54 PM 04-15-2019

"Notre Dame is burning."

"**** Donald Trump!"

It's just so ****ing stupid...
Maybe he shouldn't tweet so much, especially when his tweets are full to the brim with idiocy.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up