ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Looks like another attack in Paris at Notre Dame-just a crazy man or terrorist?
scho63 09:09 AM 06-06-2017
OOPS! :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-sh...150332153.html

Paris (AFP) - A French police officer shot and injured a man who attacked him with a hammer outside Paris's Notre-Dame cathedral on Tuesday, authorities said.

Police sealed off the area in front of the cathedral, where the attacker lay injured on the ground.

The attack comes with France on high alert for more jihadist strikes after a weekend attack in London, where extremists used a van and knives to crush to death and kill seven people, one of them French.

Authorities in Paris asked the public to stay away from Notre-Dame, one of France's biggest tourist attractions situated on the banks of the Seine river in the heart of the capital.

French TV reported scenes of panic during the shooting, with tourists scrambling for cover.

France is under a state of emergency and on its highest possible level of alert following a string of terror attacks that began in 2015, which have killed over 230 people.

In the last fatal attack, a policeman was shot and killed on Paris's prestigious Champs-Elysees avenue on April 20, three days before the first round of the presidential election.

Major attacks in France targeted the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine in January 2015 and in November that year, gunmen and suicide bombers attacked sites around Paris including the Bataclan concert hall, killing 130 people.

Then in July last year, a radicalised Tunisian man drove a lorry at high speed through a Bastille Day fireworks display on the Nice waterfront, massacring 86 people.

Since then there have been a series of smaller attacks, often targeting security forces.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:28 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_tanker

Is there really an American who doesn't know this is a real thing? Other than the press, I mean.
Not that any of the constituent parts of the brain trust lighting up Trump for that tweet know it, but air dropping water on the Cathedral would probably destroy the structure.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:29 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Not that any of the constituent parts of the brain trust lighting up Trump for that tweet know it, but air dropping water on the Cathedral would probably destroy the structure.
More than fire?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:29 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
At this point it doesnít matter. Itís done.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 12:31 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
:-)

Considering it took 2&1/2 hours to put water to it that would be a reasonable thought so no wonder it escaped a elementary schoolteacher - you fucking dumbass
[Reply]
eDave 12:31 PM 04-15-2019
Not disagreeing with Trump but how long does it take to get a loaded tanker there?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:34 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Not disagreeing with Trump but how long does it take to get a loaded tanker there?
I'd feel confident in betting real money that nobody in Western Europe has the capacity to fight fires like the Western USA does.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:35 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The French will announce plans to rebuild, a mosque will be built so the French can show the world they arenít meanies.
It's such a wonderful opportunity to build a monument to modern humankind's collectivist transcendence of the primitive idea of an Almighty God the Creator and its infantile implication of objective, absolute truth.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:35 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Right. So a lot smarter thing to do would be to just let it burn......right?

I mean......don't try to fight it from above and below with available technology. Just let that fu**er burn to the ground.

How can anyone be so stupid as to think that pouring water or retardants on it from above could possibly help?
I'm sure the surrounding neighborhoods would be just hunky-dory with THAT since targeting is imprecise, at best, especially in urban settings....it would also lead to destruction of many surrounding structures as well. Ding-dong....

Try again? :-)
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:38 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
"FireBoss aircraft are capable of working as a land-based aircraft or as a float plane, the Fire Boss can skim water from nearby water sources to continue fighting a fire without having to return to base. The Fire Boss can load up to 3,025 litres of water in 12 to 15 seconds and be back on its way to the fire line in less than 30 seconds."
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:39 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
We're gonna need a tanker to put out the TDS fire.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:40 PM 04-15-2019
I'm sure the surrounding neighborhoods would be just hunky-dory with THAT since targeting is imprecise, at best, especially in urban settings....it would also lead to destruction of many surrounding structures as well. Ding-dong....

Try again? :-)
They have helicopters that can do the same thing.

On the planet that I live on.....helicopters can and do hover and drop the load right on target.

But then maybe not the planet on which you apparently reside.
[Reply]
kstater 12:41 PM 04-15-2019
Notre Dame was an inside job. Buildings just dont fall down from fire like that./Taco John

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:42 PM 04-15-2019
Reports that the entire roof has collapsed, and that the entire wooden structure inside is on fire, and likely to be destroyed.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:43 PM 04-15-2019
"FireBoss aircraft are capable of working as a land-based aircraft or as a float plane, the Fire Boss can skim water from nearby water sources to continue fighting a fire without having to return to base. The Fire Boss can load up to 3,025 litres of water in 12 to 15 seconds and be back on its way to the fire line in less than 30 seconds."
Why good-golly if we could get 50-60 of those things working on this....they'd be dumping a whole 928 gallons of water every couple of minutes or so, as long as they could organize and coordinate that Congo-line of "Flying Water Tankers!" And I'm sure the neighborhood around the Cathedral would be just FINE....with all that...considering the fall-out potential. Good thing we got that stable genius Trump on this deal....

They have helicopters that can do the same thing.

On the planet that I live on.....helicopters can and do hover and drop the load right on target.

But then maybe not the planet on which you apparently reside.
"Well, THAT would solve everything, I tell you!"

Originally Posted by kstater:
Notre Dame was an inside job. Buildings just dont fall down from fire like that./Taco John

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It was W's fault no doubt...the gubmernt is behind this, I tell you!!!

[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04-15-2019, 12:45 PM
This message has been deleted by Mr. Kotter. Reason: Dup
NinerDoug 12:49 PM 04-15-2019
Why good-golly if we could get 50-60 of those things working on this....they'd be dumping a whole 928 gallons of water every couple of minutes or so, as long as they could organize and coordinate that Congo-line of "Flying Water Tankers!" And I'm sure the neighborhood around the Cathedral would be just FINE....with all that...considering the fall-out potential. Good thing we got that stable genius Trump on this deal....

It was W's fault no doubt...the gubmernt is behind this, I tell you!!!
They are used for fighting fires in areas that are difficult to access, i.e., wild fires. They can put fire hoses on this urban fire, and are putting fire hoses on it. Trump is a moron.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up