ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Agrees to 4-Year Contract Extension Ahead of Deadline
Shaid 11:37 AM 07-14-2020
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ad-of-deadline

While the deadline is approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a four-year contract extension with defensive tackle Chris Jones, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Schefter noted the deal is worth $85 million with $60 million guaranteed.

The Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jones in March, guaranteeing him $16.1 million for the upcoming season. He and Kansas City have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to finalize a long-term contract.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We love you more big guy!
[Reply]
scho63 10:33 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This news makes me want to run with my junk hanging out!
Your junk has never hung! More like dangled.....:-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:35 PM 07-14-2020
Let's hope he has the chip on his shoulder to prove the contract he has and not keep eating bags of chips and fatten up
[Reply]
eDave 10:36 PM 07-14-2020
The replies to the original tweet are crazy. Nobody knows shit about anything on there.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:56 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Meh, Mahomes already destroyed the Madden curse. Covid doesn't stand a chance!
Destroyed the Madden curse and even had his kneecap sitting on the side of his leg at one point. No one had us winning the SB at that point.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:57 PM 07-14-2020
Damn, Veach is on fire.

This is a completely different franchise from the one I've suffered with for so many years.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 11:54 PM 07-14-2020
BURT VURCH!!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:17 AM 07-15-2020
According to Overthecap with the Jones move it puts the Chiefs at 6.2 mil in available cap space. Personally I would try and extend Ward or Kelce as the next move
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:20 AM 07-15-2020
According to Overthecap with the Jones move it puts the Chiefs at 6.2 mil in available cap space. Personally I would try and extend Ward or Kelce as the next move
Don't forget we gotta sign the draft picks. You always want a little bit of cash available in case you need to sign someone due to injury as well.

Veach kept the band together so I am happy.....if he managed to extend Ward or Kelce or even The Landlord, that is just icing on the cake.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:22 AM 07-15-2020
:-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:24 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Don't forget we gotta sign the draft picks. You always want a little bit of cash available in case you need to sign someone due to injury as well.

Veach kept the band together so I am happy.....if he managed to extend Ward or Kelce or even The Landlord, that is just icing on the cake.
The rookies will just replace the top 51 so in reality nothing will change. Kelce said he won’t do an extension until Kittle signs. I’d try and lock up Ward to a 5/40 deal rn
[Reply]
BossChief 12:27 AM 07-15-2020
They aren’t going to even start talking about ward on an extension till next year, at the earliest. He’s only played 2 seasons. He’s a restricted FA next offseason, so I’d expect a new deal at that point that’s an extension to the restricted tender. He won’t have a big cap hit for 3 years.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:29 AM 07-15-2020
The rookies will just replace the top 51 so in reality nothing will change. Kelce said he won’t do an extension until Kittle signs. I’d try and lock up Ward to a 5/40 deal rn
If he were to take a league average deal as an extension, I’m sure Veach would call it a deal. The team has 2 more years of cost controlled cheap play from him before he becomes a free agent.

That’s going to be another monster offseason.

Nnadi and Ward.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 12:46 AM 07-15-2020
Makes perfect sense. You don't let one of the best defensive players in the league walk, especially when they play at a premium position and were a monster in the playoffs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:14 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They aren’t going to even start talking about ward on an extension till next year, at the earliest. He’s only played 2 seasons. He’s a restricted FA next offseason, so I’d expect a new deal at that point that’s an extension to the restricted tender. He won’t have a big cap hit for 3 years.
I don't think he's eligible for an extension yet, though I could be wrong (the rules on those RFA deals are weird).

But he's shown so much growth over the last season+ that if you can manage to get him extended on a 3-year deal now (in addition to the remaining year on his rookie deal) you could effectively 'buy out' 2 years of free agency and get a SCREAMING bargain on it, IMO.

And yes, there's a chance he plateaus and you have overpaid a bit for him, but those are the kinds of deals I'd like to see a few more of.

Nnadi, OTOH, as much as I love him - he's just a fairly limited and ultimately kinda fungible player. Unless he comes on a $3-4 million/yr deal, I just don't see the Chiefs bringing him back. He's going to be one of those middle of the roster players that will get overpaid somewhere else and we just won't be able to keep him. He's a little like Conley in that regard. With Saunders around to backfill for a couple years, I just don't see him being overly likely to return.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up