ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 382
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:45 PM 10-19-2011
Went to the beer store for a 6 pack, and ended up with three... didn't know it was the first day for Nutcracker, and I've heard nothing but great things about the Pumpkin Ale.

[Reply]
Phobia 05:51 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Went to the beer store for a 6 pack, and ended up with three... didn't know it was the first day for Nutcracker, and I've heard nothing but great things about the Pumpkin Ale.

You did well, young man. Invite me over now. You have 2 of my top 20 beers in your fridge. Of course, there are probably 50 beers on my top 20 depending on the season.
[Reply]
Phobia 05:53 PM 10-19-2011
If I may make a suggestion though... Let that Nutcracker sit for another 2-3 weeks before opening one. I had an early season sixer last year that tasted horrible. It needs a little more time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:20 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
If I may make a suggestion though... Let that Nutcracker sit for another 2-3 weeks before opening one. I had an early season sixer last year that tasted horrible. It needs a little more time.
Sure, stop by... I'd like an estimate on a deck.

Thanks, I'll try waiting on the Nutcracker.

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Sam Adams... actually don't like the original all that much, but tried several last winter and had some Black Lager and their Pumpkin Ale last weekend.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:35 PM 10-19-2011
I'm still waiting on a stout called Abyss, from Deschutes, an Oregon brewery. The distribution map shows that it is still "coming soon" to Kansas and Missouri. Has anyone out there tried it? The write up has me anxious to sample it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:36 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by KC native:
I love hop stupid (it's the first lagunitas beer I ever tried). I've been all over it since it showed up in the store. Probably had a good 7 or 8 bottles of it.
Lagunitas is my current favorite brewery. Everything I've tried from them has been amazing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:37 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I'm still waiting on a stout called Abyss, from Deschutes, an Oregon brewery. The distribution map shows that it is still "coming soon" to Kansas and Missouri. Has anyone out there tried it? The write up has me anxious to sample it.
Deschutes is another great brewery. Enjoyed everything I've tried from them. Hop in the Dark is a great dark IPA.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:38 PM 10-19-2011
Since it's approaching the Holidays, you must try Anchors Christmas Ale. It's slightly different every year, but is OUTSTANDING.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 06:51 PM 10-19-2011
local pub has Founders' Breakfast Stout, Canadian Breakfast Stout, and Kentucky Breakfast Stout coming up, but the prices are ridiculous...

also has Southern Tier's Pumking next week, which I've yet to try

tried sierra nevada torpeda and liked it but wasn't blown away
had a shipyard xxxx ipa and liked it a bunch...just a sucker for double ipa
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:51 PM 10-19-2011
The Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale was pretty subtle... good, but subtle. This Schlafly Pumpkin Ale smells just like pumpkin pie and it's definitely stronger than the Sam Adams.

:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:53 PM 10-19-2011
I may have to venture out for this pumpkin ale. Sounds good.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:12 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Screw that; fresh Nutcracker is awwwwwwwwwwwesome. If you like hoppy beers, that is. Fresh Nutcracker behaves so much like an IPA.
[Reply]
Shag 10:27 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have 3 bottles of 2011 Abyss in my cellar - great beer. Hope you are able to track some down...
[Reply]
Phobia 12:24 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Screw that; fresh Nutcracker is awwwwwwwwwwwesome. If you like hoppy beers, that is. Fresh Nutcracker behaves so much like an IPA.
By all means, crack one now. If he likes it great. I like a little age on my Nutcracker though.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:25 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale was pretty subtle... good, but subtle. This Schlafly Pumpkin Ale smells just like pumpkin pie and it's definitely stronger than the Sam Adams.

:-)
Not a fan of SA's pumpkin. But the Lagunitas isn't bad. Schlafly's is just like eating a piece of mom's pumpkin pie except it tastes a lot better.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 382
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up