ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 103
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:48 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Hardman made a mistake on ONE PLAY.

And now he's giving "minimal effort".

:-)
Yeah, I don't get it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:50 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We, and Mahomes, already said that if the ball is placed better, he catches it in stride and he scores.

If he had run the route proper, he probably scores, too.

There's plenty of fault on Hardman for that singular play but it doesn't negate all the other things he did yesterday.

It's the whole black and white, polarized mentality that exists here (and in society in general). A balanced take wouldn't be met with nearly as much resistance but there's people here who simply can't function like that.
Yeah, and Mahomes had earned all the benefit of the doubt. Hardman hasn't since he's still doing the same fucking shit that Mahomes was yelling at him for in his rookie season. It's fucking infuriating that he has all the physical tools to be a legitimate playmaker in this offense without having it be scripted especially for him but yet he's just too fucking stupid in a football sense to utilize them proper. He's obviously not putting the proper work in if we're still seeing the same fundamentals be absolutely fucked time and time and time again. Maybe he does need the Rodgers treatment where he gets the stink eye and is starved out for a game or two to wake. The. Fuck. Up. And put in the effort to reach some of that potential.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, and Mahomes had earned all the benefit of the doubt. Hardman hasn't since he's still doing the same fucking shit that Mahomes was yelling at him for in his rookie season. It's fucking infuriating that he has all the physical tools to be a legitimate playmaker in this offense without having it be scripted especially for him but yet he's just too fucking stupid in a football sense to utilize them proper. He's obviously not putting the proper work in if we're still seeing the same fundamentals be absolutely fucked time and time and time again. Maybe he does need the Rodgers treatment where he gets the stink eye and is starved out for a game or two to wake. The. Fuck. Up. And put in the effort to reach some of that potential.
Well, if that's the case, he won't be around next year and everybody will be happy.

This year has already started and he's going to be a big part of the offensive game plan, for better or worse.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:53 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Mahomes is going to throw 40 passes per game. Not everyone of them will be perfect.

That wasn't great placement but it was good enough.

I do expect a guy who may get 5 targets a game to dive for a pass that lands 2 feet in front of him. Maybe I'm crazy.
I'm on your side- people are giving Hardman a pass because the Chiefs won the game handily. Hindsight is 20/20- change the circumstances and people would roast Hardman for not diving. You got to make an effort to make a play there and that type of effort level has been consistent with Hardman throughout his career. Ultimately I believe that's why Skyy Moore will pass Hardman as the season goes on.

Skyy laid out for one in training camp FFS.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/stat...ggx5Cr9pHw_3ug
[Reply]
Hoover 02:53 PM 09-12-2022
This team is going to be like those old Eagles teams with McNab. You never know what WR is going to get the ball, but the QB is going to rack up some numbers.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:53 PM 09-12-2022
Maybe he does need the Rodgers treatment where he gets the stink eye and is starved out for a game or two to wake. The. Fuck. Up. And put in the effort to reach some of that potential.
Hardman got benched for a few games last year. Seemed like it helped.

It can't feel good for him to see the disappointment from Mahomes on their misconnections and he obviously searches his name on Twitter to see who is talking shit about him.

That's why this diving issue, which seems pretty minor, is sort of a big deal. It would go a long way into showing that he's doing his best.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I'm on your side- people are giving Hardman a pass because the Chiefs won the game handily. Hindsight is 20/20- change the circumstances and people would roast Hardman for not diving. You got to make an effort to make a play there and that type of effort level has been consistent with Hardman throughout his career. Ultimately I believe that's why Skyy Moore will pass Hardman as the season goes on.

Skyy laid out for one in training camp FFS.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/stat...ggx5Cr9pHw_3ug
Nobody is giving Hardman a pass. The fact that you would say that just reinforces what I said earlier about polarization.

There's an ocean of difference between "Hardman sucks" and "Hardman is unassailable". Just because people don't want to destroy the guy for a couple of plays doesn't mean they think he's great.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:55 PM 09-12-2022
Yeah, and Mahomes had earned all the benefit of the doubt. Hardman hasn't since he's still doing the same ****ing shit that Mahomes was yelling at him for in his rookie season. It's ****ing infuriating that he has all the physical tools to be a legitimate playmaker in this offense without having it be scripted especially for him but yet he's just too ****ing stupid in a football sense to utilize them proper. He's obviously not putting the proper work in if we're still seeing the same fundamentals be absolutely ****ed time and time and time again. Maybe he does need the Rodgers treatment where he gets the stink eye and is starved out for a game or two to wake. The. ****. Up. And put in the effort to reach some of that potential.
If he's that bad, Andy won't play him and Pat won't throw him the ball. That is, unless you're suggesting that Andy/Pat don't/can't actually see what's REALLY happening on the field (like you do.)
[Reply]
philfree 02:55 PM 09-12-2022
Laying out for a pass that's overthrown to a point that it's uncatchable is a waste. I would have loved to see Hardman run under that pass, but it was just too far overthrown. He's not Tyreek Hill but he doesn't need to be.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:59 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If he's that bad, Andy won't play him and Pat won't throw him the ball. That is, unless you're suggesting that Andy/Pat don't/can't actually see what's REALLY happening on the field (like you do.)
I mean, it's incredibly obvious they don't think he's capable of much more than being a WR3/Gimmick when Juju and MVS come in as FAs and are almost immediately pencilled in above him on the depth chart.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:02 PM 09-12-2022
Just curious, are there scenarios we can remember where mecole caught a difficult ball? Laying out, jumping, high pointing a ball, etc… I’m completely going off memory.

Because my concern isn’t about effort. I think he’s trying. I just wonder if he has the right receiver instincts to adjust to the ball. Tyreek was short but he routinely did this.

Again, completely going off memory so I could be misremembering
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:04 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Just curious, are there scenarios we can remember where mecole caught a difficult ball? Laying out, jumping, high pointing a ball, etc… I’m completely going off memory.

Because my concern isn’t about effort. I think he’s trying. I just wonder if he has the right receiver instincts to adjust to the ball. Tyreek was short but he routinely did this.

Again, completely going off memory so I could be misremembering
It's true, Hardman doesn't track the ball very well when it's in the air.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:05 PM 09-12-2022
I mean, it's incredibly obvious they don't think he's capable of much more than being a WR3/Gimmick when Juju and MVS come in as FAs and are almost immediately pencilled in above him on the depth chart.
Perfect. It seems you have little to be worried about.
[Reply]
Shoes 03:06 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
Laying out for a pass that's overthrown to a point that it's uncatchable is a waste. I would have loved to see Hardman run under that pass, but it was just too far overthrown. He's not Tyreek Hill but he doesn't need to be.
The ball brushed his fingertips- I'm not asking the guy to lay out for an uncatchable pass.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:07 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've read your posts in the fitness thread, bro, you are held together by fucking duct tape and sheer force of will lol

How do you feel about the fact that you've got more gumption than our WR3 who's making $4m this year and fighting for a roster spot next year?
I have removed a lot of duct tape this year. :-)

My experiences of playing sports with no fear is exactly why I know Mecole made the correct decision there. No reason to risk season, or life altering, injury on the 5th play of the season.

Having to rely on pain killers to make it through the day is not a fun thing to live with.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 103
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Up