ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2590 of 2693
« First < 1590209024902540258025862587258825892590 2591259225932594260026402690 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Coogs 08:23 PM 12-25-2023
It’s time to run some plays the whole team can execute. 1st year receivers probably need a 1st year playbook. Not the year 7 playbook that Mahomes is on. And use the limited practice time to perfect those plays, instead of wasting valuable practice time trying to learn some damn trick plays added to a playbook that is obviously to difficult for the receiving corps.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:34 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Combo of tired, frustrated and pressing. That look of frustration we saw after Toney’s drop last week was on his face all game long. Today he tried to put the whole damn thing on his back and got the shit and wind kicked out of him. You can tell he was laboring through all that running around after a while
Yes, I understand the frustration and his lack of trust, but all that running around today, was because he wasn't pulling the trigger or was panicking in the pocket and not keeping his eyes downfield and missing guys he normally hits when he is scrambling. He has every right to be hesitant and lacking trust in his receivers, but he still needs to do his job. That being said, the play calling today did him no favors as well.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:34 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I was at the game. Players weren't getting open for the most part. Pat was horrific but my God I don't think anyone on offense played even an average game.

Also, I counted a 6 play stretch where Rice wasn't on the field and a few other stretches in the game. I don't ****ing understand in what world Rice isn't out there unless he literally can't breathe he's so out of breath. You would think Ross was showing them something in practice the number of plays we gave him.

Everything on offense is a ****ing mess. This might be one of if not the worst Reid team I've ever watched offensively.
CBS postgame discussion between Sims and Esiason stated that receivers were open a lot. That PM just wouldn’t fire. Further, they said the discussion of “trust” or whatever, isn’t his job. It’s to know the ball goes out to this spot on time.

Obviously, I’m paraphrasing and wish I had recorded it so I could discuss it at length. And I don’t know what views Sims and Esiason may have been privy to in order to make those statements.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:36 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, I understand the frustration and his lack of trust, but all that running around today, was because he wasn't pulling the trigger or was panicking in the pocket and not keeping his eyes downfield and missing guys he normally hits when he is scrambling. He has every right to be hesitant and lacking trust in his receivers, but he still needs to do his job. That being said, the play calling today did him no favors as well.
I wish you realized that Mahomes best play comes from outside of the pocket and this season (ironically his worst) he is making it a point to try and stay in the pocket. It wasn't until shit hit the fan today in the 3rd Q that he started to escape and use his legs, and things got better.

Our Oline is garbage. Our WR's are garbage. Trying to stay in the pocket on this team is a setup for failure.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:40 PM 12-25-2023
He ran directly at 25 and then ran step for step with him the rest of the way but according to iowahawkeyechief, that was an easy completion Mahomes and is a throw made multiple times a game around the league :-)
If he's the first read, that's any easy throw that needs to be made. Also, Watson is open on his timing route, but again, don't know what the progression is supposed to be. The WR's and Mahomes have to be better. Mahomes was bad today with decision making and accuracy. To deny that is weird. The play with the overturned pick was one of the worst decisions of his career.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:42 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I wish you realized that Mahomes best play comes from outside of the pocket and this season (ironically his worst) he is making it a point to try and stay in the pocket. It wasn't until shit hit the fan today in the 3rd Q that he started to escape and use his legs, and things got better.

Our Oline is garbage. Our WR's are garbage. Trying to stay in the pocket on this team is a setup for failure.
Ok... :-). If you think he was accurate or had good decision making today, you are foolish.
[Reply]
-King- 08:43 PM 12-25-2023
If he's the first read, that's any easy throw that needs to be made. Also, Watson is open on his timing route, but again, don't know what the progression is supposed to be. The WR's and Mahomes have to be better. Mahomes was bad today with decision making and accuracy. To deny that is weird. The play with the overturned pick was one of the worst decisions of his career.
Uh...I said he played horrific
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:53 PM 12-25-2023

MVS was never open on that play. Never.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:05 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
MVS was never open on that play. Never.
He's not open at :04? He's 4 yards clear of 5 qnd 3 yards in front of 25...you don't wait to throw it, that ball should be thrown when he is behind 5 whos moving to the left, period. Particularly if it was the first read. Watson, is also open on his route, a timing comeback... again, depending on what read.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:09 PM 12-25-2023
Uh...I said he played horrific

good to know. I think that is the good news, he won't continue to be bad.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:17 PM 12-25-2023
He's not open at :04? He's 4 yards clear of 5 qnd 3 yards in front of 25...you don't wait to throw it, that ball should be thrown when he is behind 5 whos moving to the left, period. Particularly if it was the first read. Watson, is also open on his route, a timing comeback... again, depending on what read.

No, he's not. He ran himself right into another defender in less than a second. JFC.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:19 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
503 Million was plenty market compensation.
Mahomes was about to be the 10th highest paid QB in the NFL per year before his pay bump.

Either we need to put on our big boy pants and pay for the league’s best or take on the Wal-Mart philosophy and play hardball with the generational quarterback who has redefined our franchise.

We tried the latter philosophy for over 40 years after Len, and we saw how it turned out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:22 PM 12-25-2023
Complaining about the best QB in the sport making good money for this team is quite something.

And by quite something, I mean inanely stupid.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
CBS postgame discussion between Sims and Esiason stated that receivers were open a lot. That PM just wouldn’t fire. Further, they said the discussion of “trust” or whatever, isn’t his job. It’s to know the ball goes out to this spot on time.

Obviously, I’m paraphrasing and wish I had recorded it so I could discuss it at length. And I don’t know what views Sims and Esiason may have been privy to in order to make those statements.
And yet every time he throws to these guys who are supposedly wide open they find ways to mess it up. Often to catastrophic results. Our best success this year has been when we completely scheme our WRs out of the gameplan. And when your WRs are completely incapable of doing anything downfield you can’t just waste possessions on miscues.

It’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t. And many would argue that not throwing to our WRs is just way too risky these days.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:30 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And yet every time he throws to these guys who are supposedly wide open they find ways to mess it up. Often to catastrophic results. Our best success this year has been when we completely scheme our WRs out of the gameplan.

It’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t. And many would argue that not throwing to our WRs is just way too risky these days.
They addressed that:

Originally Posted by :
Further, they said the discussion of “trust” or whatever, isn’t his job. It’s to know the ball goes out to this spot on time.
We wouldn't be talking about Pat having one of his worst games today if he did his job, regardless of the WR's skillset. He's compounding the problem by not doing his part. I think he will get this, and who knows. Again, all these mistakes and bad play and still mostly one score losses...
[Reply]
Page 2590 of 2693
« First < 1590209024902540258025862587258825892590 2591259225932594260026402690 > Last »
Up