ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 240
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It can be more than one thing... and it's almost always more than one thing.

Many people here have already said they probably lose that game anyway, despite the refs, including myself several times.

But, I don't know how anyone can look at those calls and say they didn't have an impact on a game that could have been within one possession at the beginning of the 2nd half..... yeah, they don't win that game 100 times out of 100 if they only score 9 points, but being within arms reach obviously changes everything downstream in the 2nd half.

I understand the years and years of people complaining about the refs after EVERY loss has made for a 'boy that cried wolf', so there's this knee jerk reaction to say "stop crying!!!"..... but, just because people cried wolf 10 times doesn't mean there wasn't actually a wolf on the 11th time.
Exactly.

When 2 of the 5 studio hosts say at halftime that the game is being over-officiated, it's a problem. It's not the ONLY problem but it's still a problem.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:19 AM 02-15-2021

Many people here have already said they probably lose that game anyway, despite the refs, including myself several times.

But, I don't know how anyone can look at those calls and say they didn't have an impact on a game that could have been within one possession at the beginning of the 2nd half..... yeah, they don't win that game 100 times out of 100 if they only score 9 points, but being within arms reach obviously changes everything downstream in the 2nd half.

I understand the years and years of people complaining about the refs after EVERY loss has made for a 'boy that cried wolf', so there's this knee jerk reaction to say "stop crying!!!"..... but, just because people cried wolf 10 times doesn't mean there wasn't actually a wolf on the 11th time.
i think we lost that game when Fisher went out against the Bills. Our o-line took a beating this year, between injuries and Dr. Larry opting out. Last year our injuries seemed to hit us beginning to middle of year, which boded well for us as our starters returned and the backups got some playing time. Not the case this year.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:20 AM 02-15-2021

That's true but there are going to be games and there have been games the refs have sucked and it benefits the Chiefs. That's just how sports is. Gotta take good w the bad.

Main reason we lost was because of how bad our oline was. You can blame refs all you want but bad calls will happen almost every game. Refs are human too. How you think Raiders fans felt w tuck rule?

Chiefs need to focus on what they can control. Gotta get more depth w oline and tweak a few other areas. We'll be alright.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:51 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's true but there are going to be games and there have been games the refs have sucked and it benefits the Chiefs. That's just how sports is. Gotta take good w the bad.

Main reason we lost was because of how bad our oline was. You can blame refs all you want but bad calls will happen almost every game. Refs are human too. How you think Raiders fans felt w tuck rule?

Chiefs need to focus on what they can control. Gotta get more depth w oline and tweak a few other areas. We'll be alright.
Yeah, the Chiefs need to focus on what they can control and improve, me complaining on the internet doesn't change that. :-)

There are game-changing calls all the time, and the Rams/Saints non-call is arguably worse than anything in this SB.... except I've never seen the volume of calls go against one team that were so wrong. As much as it sucks to point to one play, we're talking about... 4 or 5, or maybe one or two more than that? It's far beyond any acceptable level of mistakes, IMO, and it sucks the NFL doesn't even acknowledge it, much less would do anything about it.

And despite today's complaining, I have compartmentalized it away as something that simply lowers my expectations for the NFL product. Their product mostly sucks already, given the watered down regular season and having so few teams and match-ups that are really worth watching.... so, I really look forward to the mid-late January games and the SB, and of course far more so now with Mahomes.

So, you say over the course of a lifetime Chiefs fan, you get these ~15-20 years where the Chiefs are hopefully always in those games, or at least most years.... and then you hope they can make it to say ~5-7 SBs (if not more), and maybe they make it to ~8-10+ AFCCGs.

So, over ~30 years of being a fan and maybe another 40 years, I'm hoping they're in ~15 very meaningful games, and maybe they win say 10 of those.

Over the course of 45-50 years.

And the NFL has refs who don't know the rules or are part of a conspiracy or whatever, that makes it look like the NFL is telling fans, fuck you, not this year? Yeah, it sucks... and it did overshadow what looked like a great dog fight early on.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:50 PM 02-15-2021

I've seen plenty of wolves.

Postseason only?
Marcus Allen "fumbled" while laying on his back, Wild Card NYE 1994
Tony Gonzalez "incomplete, out of bounds" January 1998, Divisional vs Dungver
Tony G "OPI" vs Indy, Jan 2004 Divisional
Colts defender "recovered" Alex Smith's fumble while oob, @Indy, Divisional Jan 2014
Triplette's "Forward Progress" vs Ten, Jan 2018

There's been plenty of "wolves", sir. We've all seen them. Some of us just convince ourselves that we didn't see a wolf...but we all saw it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:02 PM 02-15-2021
Yeah, the Chiefs need to focus on what they can control and improve, me complaining on the internet doesn't change that. :-)

There are game-changing calls all the time, and the Rams/Saints non-call is arguably worse than anything in this SB.... except I've never seen the volume of calls go against one team that were so wrong. As much as it sucks to point to one play, we're talking about... 4 or 5, or maybe one or two more than that? It's far beyond any acceptable level of mistakes, IMO, and it sucks the NFL doesn't even acknowledge it, much less would do anything about it.

And despite today's complaining, I have compartmentalized it away as something that simply lowers my expectations for the NFL product. Their product mostly sucks already, given the watered down regular season and having so few teams and match-ups that are really worth watching.... so, I really look forward to the mid-late January games and the SB, and of course far more so now with Mahomes.

So, you say over the course of a lifetime Chiefs fan, you get these ~15-20 years where the Chiefs are hopefully always in those games, or at least most years.... and then you hope they can make it to say ~5-7 SBs (if not more), and maybe they make it to ~8-10+ AFCCGs.

So, over ~30 years of being a fan and maybe another 40 years, I'm hoping they're in ~15 very meaningful games, and maybe they win say 10 of those.

Over the course of 45-50 years.

And the NFL has refs who don't know the rules or are part of a conspiracy or whatever, that makes it look like the NFL is telling fans, **** you, not this year? Yeah, it sucks... and it did overshadow what looked like a great dog fight early on.
This isn't Rams vs Saints no way Chiefs were winning that game.

I mean I never got the feeling we were going to win that game. Did you think we would win it if refs called game different? Maybe I thought we could comeback a little because of our past but Brady isn't Watson or Tannehill or we weren't playing at home. I knew if we got down early it'd be hard to win. Brady knows how to win especially when he has a lead and is at home.

Then you add the way our oline was playing we are lucky the score wasn't worse than it was. Chiefs played like shit and Bucs were on fire on offense and defense...

I just can't understand why so many of you have a hard time admitting Bucs were the better team that day?

It is what it is. Like you said complain all you want it doesn't change what Chiefs need to do. I'm just saying main reason we lost was oline. Refs should be way down the list if there at all.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:08 PM 02-15-2021

I never got the feeling we were going to win that game. Maybe a little because of our past but Brady isn't Watson or Tannehill or we weren't playing at home. I knew if we got down early it'd be hard to win. Brady knows how to win especially when he has a lead and is at home.

Then you add the way our oline was playing we are lucky the score wasn't worse than it was. They played like shit and Bucs were on fire on offense and defense...

I just can't understand why so many of you have a hard time admitting Bucs were the better team that day?

It is what it is. Like you said complain all you want it doesn't change what Chiefs need to do. I'm just saying main reason we lost was oline. Refs should be way down the list if there at all.
:-)

You are the rube that the NFL counts on as a fan.

The Chiefs set a SUPER BOWL RECORD for most penalties in a half.

That's how we got "outplayed". The refs weren't going to even let us in that game for a minute, because if you give Mahomes even a sliver of a chance, then he's going to take it.

Nope, that game was predetermined from the outset, and you can tell when you watch it.

I mean, the Bucs Oline was holding Jones, Clark, and Okafor all game. MUGGING them.

Where were THOSE flags?

Amazing, you say "refs should be way down the list", I say either you're a rube with a double-digit IQ or you're an NFL op sent here to spread disinformation.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:28 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

That's how we got "outplayed". The refs weren't going to even let us in that game for a minute, because if you give Mahomes even a sliver of a chance, then he's going to take it.

Nope, that game was predetermined from the outset, and you can tell when you watch it.

I mean, the Bucs Oline was holding Jones, Clark, and Okafor all game. MUGGING them.

Where were THOSE flags?

Amazing, you say "refs should be way down the list", I say either you're a rube with a double-digit IQ or you're an NFL op sent here to spread disinformation.
And, yet, you post this in a dumb Andy Reid thread.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 01:34 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Where were THOSE flags?

Regardless of the outcome of the 1st half, you do realize that in the 2nd half the only accepted penalty on KC at all was a false start on Hill, right? Also that teams have come back from worse spots in the Super Bowl than 21-6 at the half or even 28-9 at 7:41 to go in the 3rd. There was more than a sliver of a chance, but it was not taken. Not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but the one spreading false narratives here is you. If it really was just the refs holding the Chiefs back, there's no reason they couldn't or shouldn't have come back in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:49 PM 02-15-2021

I mean I never got the feeling we were going to win that game. Did you think we would win it if refs called game different? Maybe I thought we could comeback a little because of our past but Brady isn't Watson or Tannehill or we weren't playing at home. I knew if we got down early it'd be hard to win. Brady knows how to win especially when he has a lead and is at home.

Then you add the way our oline was playing we are lucky the score wasn't worse than it was. Chiefs played like shit and Bucs were on fire on offense and defense...

There's really not "so many"... probably only a few, really.

I really do think those handful of calls overshadowed a great effort by the Bucs, both defensively for obvious reasons and offensively for some of the adjustments they made.

And even taking away all the calls, the Chiefs are still losing, they still have to score more than 9 points and get into the end zone... so, it's not a clear cut "don't make this call and the Chiefs win", by any means. (at the same time, who knows how many other calls happen if things play out differently... they were that freakin' bad)

They were shutout in the '18 AFCCG at halftime against Brady and had only scored 7 through 3 quarters... so even though the SB looked much more like a dog fight, it's not like their offense hasn't looked like night and day within the same game before, or against Brady.

I just would have liked to see more of a 'fair fight' so to speak and to see what would have happened had it been a one possession game even well into the 3rd quarter.

If those calls don't happen and it's potentially 10-6 going into halftime and 17-9 in the 3rd? Oh, I'm definitely believing the Chiefs can figure it out... 100%. They probably still lose, but I'm willing to bet those types of calls and watching how the first half ended has to be a little deflating for even the most experienced and resilient teams and perhaps had an impact on how they played in the 2nd half (except Mahomes, who's obviously a machine).

And outside of Mahomes, the team didn't deserve to win that night.... but, I think they still had a fighting chance to pull it out of their collective asses had it not been for the refs adding 11-14 points on the board.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:54 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:
Regardless of the outcome of the 1st half, you do realize that in the 2nd half the only accepted penalty on KC at all was a false start on Hill, right? Also that teams have come back from worse spots in the Super Bowl than 21-6 at the half or even 28-9 at 7:41 to go in the 3rd. There was more than a sliver of a chance, but it was not taken. Not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but the one spreading false narratives here is you. If it really was just the refs holding the Chiefs back, there's no reason they couldn't or shouldn't have come back in the 2nd half.
Yeah, I watched that Super Bowl where Atlanta got jobbed for another "Tom Brady moment of greatness, brought to you by The Shield".

All that you mentioning it does at this point is prove how rigged the NFL is for Brady.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:57 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
And, yet, you post this in a dumb Andy Reid thread.
1. The point of this thread is now, as has always been, that if he's as great as everyone claims, then he's complicit in the cover-up and a great company man for the Shield. Not my fault you're too fucking stupid to understand that.

2. The mods could've nuked this thread last year if they wanted to, I actually asked that it be done then. But it didn't happen...for whatever reason...and now, he we are, one year later, and this thread has become more relevant than ever...

The more things change, eh?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 02-15-2021
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:05 PM 02-15-2021
And outside of Mahomes, the team didn't deserve to win that night.... but, I think they still had a fighting chance to pull it out of their collective asses had it not been for the refs adding 11-14 points on the board.
Mahomes played like shit, too.

For Mahomes, I mean.

Lots of times, Tampa Dlinemen cut in on the edge, leaving those little openings that Patrick usually slips through for yardage...he left those all game, didn't take them.

One of them, was I think a third down and we were heading to Tampa's end zone, third down. Shotgun. WR came in motion from the left and Kelce was iso'ed 1-on-1 to the left of and squared in and was WIDE FUCKING OPEN. Tampa Dline crushed our oline and Mahomes sprinted right...there was a moment where Mahomes could've either taken it and ran or flipped it to a wide open Kelce...but he just threw it out of bounds.

Mahomes looked like shit. Not playing-wise...his EYES. His FACE.

He looked tired...beaten already...his body language...there was a shot of him standing on the sidelines with Reid, and he looked like...look, I know this isn't accurate, it's just a comparison - he looked like someone who had been up all night. Like worried. Or doing drugs. Or studying to beat a team. Or worrying about some guy named Donkey Kong Suh.

And for real, all the drops and balls hitting dudes in the face aside...there were some missed checkdowns, there was...

That's not the PMII I've watched for 3 years.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:22 PM 09-19-2021
Figured I'd get this fired up again.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 240
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239 > Last »
Up