ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Greatest movie franchises of all time
DaFace 02:46 PM 04-03-2019
With Endgame on the horizon, I started thinking about how the MCU compares to the other great franchises over the years. So...what are the best ones of all time? We'll generate a giant list then put it through a Rain Man style poll series in the Lounge (probably seeded by box office or something like that).

Here's the current list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
[Reply]
DaFace 12:16 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Star Trek vs Star Wars i hope they go head to head on their own at some point. Should be interesting of those two Franchise CP wins out without any other Franchise taking votes from them.
That's an odd one in this context. In terms of ticket sales, Star Wars destroys Star Trek, and it isn't even close. But in terms of the universe, Star Trek is technically way bigger because of all of the TV series.

It's really apples to apples, but we'll see what happens when I start putting these into brackets. I may do some sort of a "play in round" to try and get the list down to a 64-team bracket.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:17 PM 04-05-2019
Sharknado

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
vailpass 12:18 PM 04-05-2019
Abbot & Costello
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:24 PM 04-05-2019
Ghost Busters 1 &2 without the third installment that actually hurts the Franchise.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:43 PM 04-05-2019
Is there going to be a minimum of three movies to be qualified? I think there should be.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:02 PM 04-05-2019
This list is insane. We're talking about the BEST of all time? Fast and the Furious? The Hangover?! TRANSFORMERS??

The winner is The Dark Knight Trilogy. Nolan ftw.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:34 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Is there going to be a minimum of three movies to be qualified? I think there should be.
Eh, I'm a bit of an anarchist. If people don't think something is a franchise, they shouldn't vote for it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:22 PM 04-05-2019
Heh. I just found out they made a Taken 3. Who knew?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:01 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Heh. I just found out they made a Taken 3. Who knew?
I thought that one was titled "Took"
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:02 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I'm a bit of an anarchist. If people don't think something is a franchise, they shouldn't vote for it.
Fair enough.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:59 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Fair enough.
Mostly I just don't want to have to be responsible for too many rules. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:01 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Sharknado

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
While I don't like rules, I think made for TV movies are DQ'd.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:06 PM 04-05-2019
Couldn’t Marvel easily be broken into smaller ones like Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, etc. and then the rest that stand alone are the MCU? It’s something like 15 movies or so right now? It might make for a more even comparison in matchups. Also might prevent votes solely on volume or votes against them because of a few bad movies on people’s minds. This current way is fine too but just a thought.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:12 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Couldn’t Marvel easily be broken into smaller ones like Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, etc. and then the rest that stand alone are the MCU? It’s something like 15 movies or so right now? It might make for a more even comparison in matchups. Also might prevent votes solely on volume or votes against them because of a few bad movies on people’s minds. This current way is fine too but just a thought.
That seems...complicated.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:48 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
If you were to go that route you would almost certainly have to break the Bond franchise up based on who played the lead role for consistency sake.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up