ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 301
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:59 PM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Duncan,

Why in the hell did the Royals decline Mike Minors option. The guy comes back from a long hiatus and just absolutely kills it.
2.55 ERA/1.017 WHIP/10.2 SO9/2.9 WAR

Greg Holland's highest WAR was 3.1 and he pitched in 3 more games than Minor pitched.

I know he was a pretty good prospect and was pretty damn good before his last season with the Braves. We sign him to a 2 year deal and according to spotrac KC declines a $10 million option. It makes no sense, he came back, had his best year ever and was basically Greg Holland, but we decline the option. Now he has the 2nd highest WAR in the majors and is by far the best pitcher in the majors this year.

Minor 5.7 WAR
Scherzer 4.7 WAR

Why didn't we just sign him to an extension? Was he against it? Was it because Dayton gave Ian Kennedy too much money? It'd be nice to have him in the starting rotation. God, just think of the haul we could get this year if we had signed him to a 3-4 year deal. He would have been fairly cheap and be under contract this year, next year, and potentially the year after.

So what went wrong?
Minor’s deal, was as mentioned a mutual option, which is almost never picked up. They usually result in a buyout and are how Moore has shifted some money to future years.

He wanted a long term deal and KC wasn’t going to do that, especially with his injury history in Atlanta.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:43 AM 07-01-2019

Zack Greinke made the All-Star team. Pregame, he had this exchange with the media:

How does it feel?

"It's nice."

What was the reaction in the room?

"Cheering."

Would it mean more to you to start the game?

"No, it wouldn't."

Are you at a loss for words?

"Good question."

— Zach Buchanan (@ZHBuchanan) June 30, 2019

[Reply]
FringeNC 08:50 AM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Greinke is clearly a HOF'er, right?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:13 AM 07-01-2019
Greinke needs to double up on his SSRIs.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:04 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Greinke needs to double up on his SSRIs.
I would imagine Greinke is very close to being autistic.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:10 PM 07-01-2019
I forgot Greinke is where Jordan Binnington learned how to handle the media.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:32 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I would imagine Greinke is very close to being autistic.
Asperbers . Although, now it is called Autism spectrum. I know .
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:58 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Oh he's a no doubter. In 16 seasons he's only had 4 where his ERA was above 4 and 2 of those were in his first 3 years.

He's at 196 wins and if he wouldn't have spent his first 7 years with our shit show, then he'd probably have several more. He was 60-67 with a .472 winning percentage with us, since he's left here he's been 136-55 good for a .723 winning percent. It's amazing he's still this good at 35. I wonder when he's planning on retiring?

He's at 2534 SO's, so barring him retiring or completely falling off, he should hit 3000 K's.

I know wins and era don't mean everything, but he's one of the best most consistent pitchers in the league. He's won a Cy Young, has been in the conversation 5 times, 6 time all star, 5 time GG, and 1 time Silver Slugger. He's better than the last 3 starting pitchers that got in, Halladay, Mussina, Morris.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:34 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

Can’t wait for that speech.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:10 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I imagine it'd be the equivalent of someone doing "Tequila" on Karaoke night.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:19 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
"uhhh.. Thanks."
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:22 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oh he's a no doubter. In 16 seasons he's only had 4 where his ERA was above 4 and 2 of those were in his first 3 years.

He's at 196 wins and if he wouldn't have spent his first 7 years with our shit show, then he'd probably have several more. He was 60-67 with a .472 winning percentage with us, since he's left here he's been 136-55 good for a .723 winning percent. It's amazing he's still this good at 35. I wonder when he's planning on retiring?

He's at 2534 SO's, so barring him retiring or completely falling off, he should hit 3000 K's.

I know wins and era don't mean everything, but he's one of the best most consistent pitchers in the league. He's won a Cy Young, has been in the conversation 5 times, 6 time all star, 5 time GG, and 1 time Silver Slugger. He's better than the last 3 starting pitchers that got in, Halladay, Mussina, Morris.
He should have won the Cy Young in 2015 as well.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:56 PM 07-01-2019
International signing period starts tomorrow. I’m assuming the Royals will be pretty active. Supposedly their top target is a guy that reminds a lot of people of Carlos Beltran. Here’s to hoping that works out. We could use another talent like that to stick in the OF in our minor league system.

Something worth keeping an eye on for tomorrow.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:25 AM 07-02-2019

Source: #Royals agree to a $3.8 million deal with outfielder Erick Pena, #5 on @MLBPipeline’s Top 30 Int’l Prospects list. https://t.co/VkyT1PafgI

— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) July 2, 2019

Originally Posted by :
The Royals may have found their next Carlos Beltran.

According to industry sources, the club has agreed to $3.8 million deal with Erick Pena, No. 5 on MLB Pipeline’s Top 30 International Prospects list, a prospect who reminds many evaluators of a young Beltran, who was drafted by the Royals in 1995.

Pena is an athletic outfielder who can hit and play defense. The offense-oriented outfielder can run enough to keep him in center field as he progresses, but there is a chance he ends up in right field. At the moment, hit and power are Pena’s best tools, but the other parts of his game are not far behind. The left-handed hitter has a sound approach at the plate with a slight uppercut swing and hard contact to all fields. He projects to have plus power and does not have a lot of swing and miss, already showing strength and quickness through the strike zone, with the ball jumping off his bat.

Pena projects to be an average runner with a solid arm. He has a high baseball IQ and good instincts. Some think he could be the face of an organization.

Additionally, the Royals are expected to add shortstop Jorge Morales of Venezuela along with outfielder Jairo Mendez and catcher Aldrin Lucas of the Dominican Republic.

[Reply]
RockChalk 09:13 AM 07-02-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Holding off until Duncan tells me what you think of this signing. :-)
[Reply]
Page 149 of 301
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up