ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:18 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And they're paying a price for it. The difference there is addiction.
You were right to push back against the conspiracy garbage, but hanging your hat on the honesty and integrity of the pharmaceutical industry was hardly the best way to go about it. Purdue Pharma isn't the only company to get caught lying and have to pay for it. Yes, they are paying a price for it, but while especially egregious, it's hardly a first for big pharma.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:22 AM 11-24-2020
I haven't been suitably terrified for the last 8 months and not going to start now. I'll let the 1st responders and high risk groups who want it go first then after the smoke has cleared I'll look into it. Not scared of the vaccine but not scared of Covid either.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 11-24-2020
With this being what it is, I'd think a company like Pfizer would be hesitant to put anything out that would that severely hurt their company financially.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Pretty much this for me as well. I work in State Government, so I'd bet that sooner or later it will somehow be required. But if I didn't have to take it, I wouldn't. If I'm compelled to, I probably will.
You should be compelled at some point. If you work at the DMV or any public facing part of the state government then your decision could infect others citizens that must use and interface with those state government services. Its not your choice and remain in that job.

Thats going to be the minimum. State/Local/Federal are going to require the vaccine. I can easily see businesses that physically reopen making proof of receiving a vaccine a condition of hiring. Bars/Restaurants advertising all staff has received the vaccine etc.

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
It bothers me that movie theaters, concert venues, sports venues etc could have access to my records and confirm or deny my entry based on that. It seems Orwellian to say the least. And like it or not, once that precedent has been set, there is no stopping it's expansion to who knows what.
That ship has sailed. If you use social media, they already know everything about you. Even if you only use this site, I'd bet money that I could throw all your posts into an A.I. and determine way more about you than you realized. That barn door is not being closed.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:33 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With this being what it is, I'd think a company like Pfizer would be hesitant to put anything out that would that severely hurt their company financially.
I agree, completely. That's the argument I would have made. In this case, with the whole world watching so closely, they have every reason to get this right. The anti-vaxx movement is based on zero evidence, so drug companies have every reason to be transparent and nail the COVID vaccine.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:33 AM 11-24-2020
There is not a chance in hell of me trusting the pharmaceutical companies. I'll trust the independent scientists who will look at the Scientific data. When the independent epidemiologists and scientists publicly state, the scientific data is real and we are good to go. I'll get in line.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:34 AM 11-24-2020
This. To say they have no incentive because they have no liability is entirely incorrect.

Half the country is afraid to take a vaccine from ANY pharma company. Let's hypothetically say Pfizer puts something out there that ends up killing tens of thousands of people as an unintended and unforeseen side effect of the mRNA technology. They may be protected from liability, but do one really think that their overall brand doesn't suffer?

They absolutely have an incentive to put something out there that's safe regardless of their direct legal liability. Credibility matters.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:41 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Out of curiosity, do those of you who are worried about it have specific historical precedents that have given you pause? Or is it still just the lingering impacts of Jenny McCarthy?
I'm still interested in hearing responses to this. Is there some historical reason why people are worried about the vaccine?
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 09:45 AM 11-24-2020
Bottom line is that my answer is yes.

Being a young adult with no underlying conditions that I know of that has been working from home since March, I think I have the privilege of being able to wait until my name is called. Which.. realistically won’t be for a while. I never had a problem with staying home and wearing a mask when I need to go out.. so I won’t be jumping in front of people who are more at risk than me.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:48 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Individuals have been subject to compensation for injury due to vaccination for over thirty years and every vaccine dose is subject to an excise tax to fund that program, even though the overwhelming majority of funded claims don't even have merit.
I tooks the vaccine and all of a sudden I'm going balds!!! URR FAULT!

I THINK I AM NOW A AUTOSTICK PERSON BCUZ IF VAXXINE. i get very agitated when i turn on televission to watch newz and can not longer concenterate!

Fizer will pay. I'm going to SUIT them
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 11-24-2020

FDA meeting to review Pfizer COVID19 vaccine has been set for December 10th. Meeting materials should be available 2 days prior to meeting which will be live streamed & open to public. Info to access meeting on FDA website. This transparency should boost confidence & acceptance.

— James E.K. Hildreth (@JamesEKHildreth) November 24, 2020

I think this is really wise. Be as transparent as possible then let people decide.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:17 AM 11-24-2020
That last line in that tweet is rather, odd
[Reply]
DaFace 10:19 AM 11-24-2020
This is purely just an attempt to get ahead of the incoming onslaught of misinformation, but...

The Pfizer vaccine (and probably others) DOES cause some pretty significant side effects for some people (<5%). It's short-lived (only a day or two), and nothing has been shown to be very major in the trial, but don't be surprised if you hear people telling stories of feeling awful and having to stay home from work or whatever after getting the vaccine.

It's expected and not a big deal in the end, but that doesn't mean it'll be fun for those who are impacted.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 11-24-2020
It causes an immune response.
[Reply]
TLO 10:30 AM 11-24-2020
It causes an immune response.
Which in turn causes the side effects in some people, yes?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up