ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 589 of 3903
« First < 89489539579585586587588589 59059159259359963968910891589 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:25 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
hearing that other people are scared helps me cope with my own fear about it.

Wow. So irrational and unhealthy. You really need to focus on logic and rational thinking. If you encounter fear, responding with “oh I’m fearful too therefore what we are fearful of must be logical” doesn’t help others nor yourself. It is negatively self serving because it allows you to avoid challenging the reasons you are fearful. It’s a defense against challenging your own thoughts or reality on the topic. Try slowing down and actually thinking about the things you come across. How do they compare to other sources? Do they make sense? Is there something that potentially counters a certain point or idea that would give a more complete picture?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is true. I cling to the positive news and enjoy sharing that. But my happiness is short lived because I read something that is nothing but bad news.
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I was living that cycle, man. I’m glad I have become moderately numb to the onslaught of info being pumped out.

All we can actually do is wash our hands frequently and stay inside for the meantime. Hang in there, brother.
we can talk about acting faster, medical supplies, ventilator and test kit shortages etc. later. When it’s all over. but focus on the here and now, what’s being done right by everyone right now....

99% of the the best we have in the medical field think social distancing, quarantine of known outbreak is our best choice out of all the bad choices we have. The vast majority of us are cooperating. Right now, tonight, this is the best we can do. Just try to concentrate on that.
[Reply]
2112 06:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Cases are growing at a rate of twice every two days, not three.

He seems to miss other obvious facts.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

I look at that everyday. On a positive note Antartica is clear
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:28 PM 03-21-2020
You can cope however you want Oakland Raider. There is no right or wrong way to get by. Just get by dude.
[Reply]
TLO 06:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I was living that cycle, man. I’m glad I have become moderately numb to the onslaught of info being pumped out.

All we can actually do is wash our hands frequently and stay inside for the meantime. Hang in there, brother.
I can't stay inside due to my job, but I can wash my hands. That's about all the control I have over this, and I understand that.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:29 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

I look at that everyday. On a positive note Antartica is clear
but it looks like they have a massive cold going around
[Reply]
eDave 06:30 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
but it looks like they have a massive cold going around
Yup. Going to muddy the waters even more.
[Reply]
srvy 06:31 PM 03-21-2020
Bubble Boy out for a stroll in Times Square.

[Reply]
kcxiv 06:31 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Wow. So irrational and unhealthy. You really need to focus on logic and rational thinking. If you encounter fear, responding with “oh I’m fearful too therefore what we are fearful of must be logical” doesn’t help others nor yourself. It is negatively self serving because it allows you to avoid challenging the reasons you are fearful. It’s a defense against challenging your own thoughts or reality on the topic. Try slowing down and actually thinking about the things you come across. How do they compare to other sources? Do they make sense? Is there something that potentially counters a certain point or idea that would give a more complete picture?
people with bad anxiety know all about this and it only helps so much! Most people already know about everything you said. Problem is they cant shut off the brain in time and once the fucking adrenaline starts flowing, all you can do is hold the fuck on.
[Reply]
eDave 06:32 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Bubble Boy out for a stroll in Times Square.
This will be Japan soon. Those guys are weird. But they got no reported cases yet.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
:-) Yeah, waiting lists to see doctors in other nations is paramount to what we have here.

Fuck, I’m close to rooting for the virus at this point, because clearly we are doomed as a nation.
Dude, you need to take a chill pill
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:36 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is true. I cling to the positive news and enjoy sharing that. But my happiness is short lived because I read something that is nothing but bad news.

Getting anxiety under control will not happen with the help of this thread. That’s just the way it is. That task had to be done separately from here. But that doesn’t mean you should avoid the topic. But what it does mean is your purpose for engaging in the topic has to have a more tempered approach meaning it needs to be more about simply gaining information so you are up to date and informed on the topic. That’s it. Gravitating one way or the other is stressful and anxiety provoking in itself. But engaging for the simple sake of being informed is going to work better for you. But certain things probably should be avoided such as any upsetting videos or the very personal stories because your mind will likely be looking for personal connections to yourself or your family. Focus on research, stats, or dive deep into the science as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:40 PM 03-21-2020
I went out today for groceries.

I went to four Ralphs supermarkets and two Super Targets. The shelves were pretty much bare everywhere and the refrigerated cases were completely empty at four of the five locations I visited.

Fortunately, between all of the stores, I was able to stock up a bit on Lipton Noodle Soup, buns, bread, hot dogs and pasta, along with a few other treats for my kids.

Still, not a single roll of TP, anywhere to be found.

I spoke to the managers of each and every store and they all said "We have trucks coming but we don't know when or what the trucks will deliver".

The lack of food is definitely worrying.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:44 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, you need to take a chill pill
So the rest of the country can overreact to the point of destroying our economy and way of life but, I can’t vent a little frustration over it? C’mon now, double standards aren’t going to help this situation any.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:46 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I went out today for groceries.

I went to four Ralphs supermarkets and two Super Targets. The shelves were pretty much bare everywhere and the refrigerated cases were completely empty at four of the five locations I visited.

Fortunately, between all of the stores, I was able to stock up a bit on Lipton Noodle Soup, buns, bread, hot dogs and pasta, along with a few other treats for my kids.

Still, not a single roll of TP, anywhere to be found.

I spoke to the managers of each and every store and they all said "We have trucks coming but we don't know when or what the trucks will deliver".

The lack of food is definitely worrying.

Starting to look like you may have to make a road trip.
[Reply]
Page 589 of 3903
« First < 89489539579585586587588589 59059159259359963968910891589 > Last »
Up