ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2589 of 3903
« First < 1589208924892539257925852586258725882589 259025912592259325992639268930893589 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:06 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Sure did.
That explains your shitty posts. Your parents should have beaten you relentlessly.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:13 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
He has a "Strike Team"

^dudes skipped leg days^
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:14 PM 07-13-2020
So we are back to PPE and testing shortages months into this. Don’t even know what to say at this point.

:-):-)
[Reply]
TLO 08:17 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So we are back to PPE and testing shortages months into this. Don’t even know what to say at this point.
Yeah that's what clicking on CNN will do for you. Blaming the President for not evoking the a a Defense Production act in FEBRUARY.

In other news, I've been reading up on vaccines tonight. There is optimism among some of the frontrunners that one may be available this fall. 100 million doses ready by the end of the year.

Please let the these vaccines be safe/work.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 08:20 PM 07-13-2020
The wife and I spent the last two days at Universals Volcano Bay water park.
Everyone entering the park was required to get a temp check and wear a mask.
Once inside the park masks were required unless eating and drinking or riding the rides.
We went for 2 days 2 weeks ago and then yesterday and today.
People kept their distance, the park itself did a great job helping people keep in mind distancing and also had people near food and drink areas with disposable masks for free for those who did not have them.
The park is at 50% max capacity and never hit it while we were there.
Now equate that to your every day comings and goings down here and you see people crowding, not wearing masks and businesses not enforcing their own guidelines for fear of losing money on a customer.
Its going to get worse before it gets better I feel. Florida as small of a state as it is set a record over the weekend higher than any state at any time...
[Reply]
loochy 08:28 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Florida as small of a state as it is set a record over the weekend higher than any state at any time...
:-) what? Florida is not a small state. It's the third most populous state in the US
[Reply]
jdubya 08:30 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^dudes skipped leg days^
As a dude, I am not looking at other dudes legs and commenting on them.....not that there is anything wrong with that

:-):-)
Where are there shortages of tests? Here in the SF Bay Area I can drive to 5 different test sites within 15 minutes of my house and get tested tomorrow free of charge. They are also the latest non invasive tests where they only swab the inside of the nostrils and not your brain lol.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 08:37 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-) what? Florida is not a small state. It's the third most populous state in the US
I guess you dont really see how few people are down here right now that normally are.
Populous yeah its high, there are also a lot of people NOT here right now, one because its summer and 2 because so many re scared to come here.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:38 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yeah that's what clicking on CNN will do for you. Blaming the President for not evoking the a a Defense Production act in FEBRUARY.

In other news, I've been reading up on vaccines tonight. There is optimism among some of the frontrunners that one may be available this fall. 100 million doses ready by the end of the year.

We are back to 5-7 days or longer waiting times for tests and now we are hearing more about PPE shortages. This shouldn't be happening this far into the pandemic but here we are. It is frustrating.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:40 PM 07-13-2020

:-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:41 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-) He is definitely a "team mask" guy.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:42 PM 07-13-2020
We are back to 5-7 days or longer waiting times for tests and now we are hearing more about PPE shortages. This shouldn't be happening this far into the pandemic but here we are. It is frustrating.
I can think of things that could have prevented those problems but that's for a different forum.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:45 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
As a dude, I am not looking at other dudes legs and commenting on them.....not that there is anything wrong with that

Where are there shortages of tests? Here in the SF Bay Area I can drive to 5 different test sites within 15 minutes of my house and get tested tomorrow free of charge. They are also the latest non invasive tests where they only swab the inside of the nostrils and not your brain lol.

With the rise in cases sprouting up everywhere we are now seeing shortages in testing supplies and test kits. Plus it is now back to 5-7 days to get a test result back which means it is hard to get a handle on the virus on the local level.
Originally Posted by :
As coronavirus cases surge in much of the country, issues with testing availability and access have once again arisen in nearly every aspect of the testing supply chain, local officials and hospital leaders in several states told ABC News -- a troubling echo of the shortages that plagued the nation's initial response to the virus months ago.

Testing issues have manifested differently in different parts of the country, from states in the midst of a renewed battle against COVID-19 and those who still fear one might be coming, officials said.

In California and Nebraska, some testing sites were forced to close down because of a shortage in testing kits, chemical reagents, and other supplies. Arizona and South Carolina reported slower turnaround times for test results from labs due to lack of capacity. In New York, private labs now take up to a week to return test results. In Oregon, supply shortages with certain testing machines are slowing the volume of tests that can be done in at least nine hospitals, and one has stopped testing all together, according to a state health department report.

[Reply]
TLO 08:45 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)
Just to be clear, what part are you facepalming here?
[Reply]
stumppy 08:53 PM 07-13-2020
Just to be clear, what part are you facepalming here?
The political shit.
[Reply]
Page 2589 of 3903
« First < 1589208924892539257925852586258725882589 259025912592259325992639268930893589 > Last »
Up