ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2335 of 3903
« First < 1335183522352285232523312332233323342335 233623372338233923452385243528353335 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 11:52 AM 06-15-2020
The national numbers are down because of NY, that doesn't change that Arizona, Oregon, Alabama etc are showing increased numbers.

Just throwing a national number doesn't tell the story.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:52 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But we aren't flattening anything, the only thing that has changed is New York city isn't getting trounced.
Thats why the 7 day rolling average of Covid deaths is on a steady decline I suppose. Because we haven't flattened anything.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:56 AM 06-15-2020
The national numbers are down because of NY, that doesn't change that Arizona, Oregon, Alabama etc are showing increased numbers.

Down 60%.

Keep entrenched though.
[Reply]
Donger 11:57 AM 06-15-2020

They want to believe it, so it is. They'll either ignore the data or challenge its veracity.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:59 AM 06-15-2020
My area of Arkansas is skyrocketing. Latinx and Marshallese community are the hardest hit by far, but I'm hearing of quite a few people in our social circles who also have it. Hospitalizations are up, with the designated COVID wards being filled in some of them.

Definitely a little worrisome. We have a LOT of dumbass college kids running around like nothing is out of the ordinary, though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:59 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
They want to believe it, so it is. They'll either ignore the data or challenge its veracity.
Or you and Mecca and others will ignore that daily deaths are steadily dropping.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Down 60%.

Keep entrenched though.
Look I know why you have the view you do, you live in bumblefuck mcfuckstain missouri where there are like 200 people in your county. I live where 200 people live in a 5 mile radius.

I don't think those areas should be looked at the same either yet here we are.
[Reply]
loochy 12:01 PM 06-15-2020

Unless the worst of it is happening in NY. In that case, close the entire country.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:02 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Correlation and not causation? It's clear that increased testing will lead to more cases, but not all. Then, we have the hospitalization data.

Sorry, it just seems weird to me that people think ending the mitigation efforts won't lead to more cases.

Are you really still missing the point? Tens of thousands of people gathering for days on end in tight unsanitary conditions screaming and shouting all across the country makes it impossible to accurately determine the affects of reopening. So much so that it’s basically pointless to talk about how much reopening is contributing to an increase in cases.

If I hypothesize that Hiroshima would see x amount of deaths from a ground invasion, but then the bomb is dropped unexpectedly, my prediction and discussion of how many are dead with regards to my prediction is useless at that point. That’s basically what happened. Worst case scenario for a virus spreading occurred and still is occurring. Coronavirus bombs are dropping everywhere which were clearly not part of the reopening plans and discussion when thinking about the affects of reopening.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:02 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Unless the worst of it is happening in NY. In that case, close the entire country.
Which I don't really agree with that either, if you live in a major city compared to a tiny county things shouldn't be treated the same, yet here we are with the argument.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 06-15-2020
Deaths are the lagging factor, so deaths would slowly follow infections.

Not ideal.
[Reply]
Donger 12:02 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Or you and Mecca and others will ignore that daily deaths are steadily dropping.
I'm not ignoring it at all. It's great news. I hope it continues.
[Reply]
Donger 12:05 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Are you really still missing the point? Tens of thousands of people gathering for days on end in tight unsanitary conditions screaming and shouting all across the country makes it impossible to accurately determine the affects of reopening. So much so that it’s basically pointless to talk about how much reopening is contributing to an increase in cases.

If I hypothesize that Hiroshima would see x amount of deaths from a ground invasion, but then the bomb is dropped unexpectedly, my prediction and discussion of how many are dead with regards to my prediction is useless at that point. That’s basically what happened. Worst case scenario for a virus spreading occurred and still is occurring. Coronavirus bombs are dropping everywhere which were clearly not part of the reopening plans and discussion when thinking about the affects of reopening.
Oh, you were/are talking about the protests.

Yes, that will lead to more cases as well and just normal re-opening.
[Reply]
loochy 12:05 PM 06-15-2020
Which I don't really agree with that either, if you live in a major city compared to a tiny county things shouldn't be treated the same, yet here we are with the argument.

Absolutely. If they would have taken that strategy from the start I think people would be much more compliant. But they already blew their wad by closing things up where it wasn't necessary and now people will be too stubborn to go back to it.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:05 PM 06-15-2020
Riley Co. Public Health Officials say there are five new cases of COVID-19 in the county since Friday, June 12, bringing the county total up to 79 positive cases.

The Co. Health Office says that there are three deaths related to the virus, 17 active cases and 59 recoveries.

Riley Co. says four of the new patients are male, ages 21, 22, 28 and 61 while the last patient is a 19-year-old female.

The County says at least two of the cases are related with travel outside the county and that contact tracing is still ongoing for the rest of the patients.

The three deaths mentioned are from the Leonardville (home of Jordy Nelson) Nursing Home. These are the first nursing home outbreaks we've seen.

I live in Pott. County and was notified that one of our city cops has tested positive for Covid-19 from a county deputy who also tested positive. They are working on contact tracing now.

Yeah glad this is over. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2335 of 3903
« First < 1335183522352285232523312332233323342335 233623372338233923452385243528353335 > Last »
Up