ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2324 of 3903
« First < 1324182422242274231423202321232223232324 232523262327232823342374242428243324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:07 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I guess I don't know what point you are trying to make (which is the usual state of things). Why did you compare promising vaccine research to the Hindenburg?
Because until we see it actually work I am not putting stock in something that in the past has proven to be very difficult to ever produce. And part of the Spanish Flu second wave was we thought we had a vaccine that turned out not to be so good.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:18 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Because until we see it actually work I am not putting stock in something that in the past has proven to be very difficult to ever produce. And part of the Spanish Flu second wave was we thought we had a vaccine that turned out not to be so good.
The part I can't figure out is what you WANT to happen. You don't like masks. You don't like social distancing restrictions. You don't think that a vaccine will help. You have like a million posts in this thread, so it's not like you aren't concerned about it.

Are you just resigned to the idea that people are just going to keep dying and that's all there is to it?

I just can't figure out your angle.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:32 PM 06-11-2020
The part I can't figure out is what you WANT to happen. You don't like masks. You don't like social distancing restrictions. You don't think that a vaccine will help. You have like a million posts in this thread, so it's not like you aren't concerned about it.

Are you just resigned to the idea that people are just going to keep dying and that's all there is to it?

That's Pete. Remember his infamous "Won't sniff the playoffs" thread, he is the most pessimistic person I have ever had contact with. NTTAWWT.
[Reply]
Pants 09:34 PM 06-11-2020
We have a flu vaccine has it gone away? But please continue ignoring half of what I said. You have a certain penchant for doing such.
Pete, this was a dumb point back in March. We are now in June and have beat this dead horse to a pulp. Why are you comparing this to the flu? You blow my mind, man.

Have you ever heard of the polio vaccine? How about measles?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:50 PM 06-11-2020
Here's a peer-reviewed study that concludes that the virus is primarily spread airborne and that masks are an effective tool to slow it down.

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2.../10/2009637117

As if it's going to change anyone's views.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:25 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Pete, this was a dumb point back in March. We are now in June and have beat this dead horse to a pulp. Why are you comparing this to the flu? You blow my mind, man.

Have you ever heard of the polio vaccine? How about measles?
Do you smoke the pot? Where did I say this was the flu? Yes and guess what, the measles still exist. JFC why don't you actually read what I said for once instead of spouting off about shit I didn't say?

And FYI....

More than 140,000 die from measles as cases surge worldwide
https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...urge-worldwide
[Reply]
petegz28 10:26 PM 06-11-2020
Here's a peer-reviewed study that concludes that the virus is primarily spread airborne and that masks are an effective tool to slow it down.

So now it is airborne?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:28 PM 06-11-2020

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand something so simple. When we get a vaccine that works I will believe we have a vaccine that works. Otherwise getting my hopes up about something some experts say we may never have is something I am not going to so. Why that is hard to understand I don't know. It seems pretty simple to me. And I never said I didn't like social distancing. That's you putting words in my mouth yet again. I think masks are okay but again as many experts have said they are more psychological and lead to people doing things they shouldn't because they think they are protected. Not to mention most people don't use masks properly.

People are going to continue to die from this just like people continue to die from the flu even though we have a "vaccine". The number of people will hopefully go down if we get one but it is not going away. Sorry.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:41 PM 06-11-2020
I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand something so simple. When we get a vaccine that works I will believe we have a vaccine that works. Otherwise getting my hopes up about something some experts say we may never have is something I am not going to so. Why that is hard to understand I don't know. It seems pretty simple to me. And I never said I didn't like social distancing. That's you putting words in my mouth yet again. I think masks are okay but again as many experts have said they are more psychological and lead to people doing things they shouldn't because they think they are protected. Not to mention most people don't use masks properly.

People are going to continue to die from this just like people continue to die from the flu even though we have a "vaccine". The number of people will hopefully go down if we get one but it is not going away. Sorry.
So it's "the Chiefs won't sniff the playoffs" again. Bizarre.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:50 PM 06-11-2020
So it's "the Chiefs won't sniff the playoffs" again. Bizarre.
Yeah keep going back to that because that's about all you seem to have. Not everyone is perfect like you.
[Reply]
Pants 10:58 PM 06-11-2020
Do you smoke the pot? Where did I say this was the flu? Yes and guess what, the measles still exist. JFC why don't you actually read what I said for once instead of spouting off about shit I didn't say?

And FYI....

More than 140,000 die from measles as cases surge worldwide
https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...urge-worldwide
Yeah, because those people are not vaccinated with the measles vaccine, pete. My god.

I do not smoke pot. When DaFace asked why you had so little faith in a successful vaccine potentially being developed, your example was the flu.

I think there's literally something wrong with your head which makes you blind in your attempt to always be right in arguments. You will literally contradict something you said 5 minutes ago to make, what you believe, a strong counterpoint.

It's fascinating.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:12 PM 06-11-2020
Yeah, because those people are not vaccinated with the measles vaccine, pete. My god.

I do not smoke pot. When DaFace asked why you had so little faith in a successful vaccine potentially being developed, your example was the flu.

I think there's literally something wrong with your head which makes you blind in your attempt to always be right in arguments. You will literally contradict something you said 5 minutes ago to make, what you believe, a strong counterpoint.

It's fascinating.
My example was a fact. We have a flu vaccine and people still get the flu all the time. Even people who get the flu shot. Go figure.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:28 AM 06-12-2020
I would be so happy if Remdesivir is actually working, I just haven't seen anything concrete.
Originally Posted by :
In the study published on Tuesday, 12 monkeys were infected with the new coronavirus, and half of them were given early treatment with remdesivir.

Macaques that received remdesivir did not show signs of respiratory disease and had reduced damage to the lungs. (go.nature.com/2Yj9xq2)

Authors of the study also said the viral load, or amount of virus, in the lungs of remdesivir-treated animals was lower.

The authors suggested that remdesivir should be considered as a treatment as early as possible to prevent progression to pneumonia in COVID-19 patients.
From this week, were already giving it to humans along with India, Japan, S. Korea, EU in some cases. Gilead gave us a million free doses which were given to the states. Depending on usage rate, it'll run out this month or maybe July. Like a damn crack dealer getting you hooked. I haven't really seen much about what it costs or who pays going forward.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:05 AM 06-12-2020

Peer-reviewed? Pffft.

Give me some Jenny McCarthy-type asshat on YouTube.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:18 AM 06-12-2020
Did they all have masks on? To me in that situation it is worthless. It takes so long to cut your hair that you negate the use of the masks. If you could get your hair cut in a few minutes then maybe. But especially for women who can take an hour or more. By that time the mask is just decoration.
yep.

and who gives a fuck what you think about it? they all wore masks in a situation where someone out of the 154 or so people who came in contact with the 2 positive cases should have gotten it and not one person did.
you're just wrong...
[Reply]
Page 2324 of 3903
« First < 1324182422242274231423202321232223232324 232523262327232823342374242428243324 > Last »
Up